PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 NFL season begins - The final countdown

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Longest off season that I can recall.

Football is finally here and I am positive that this season will have so many surprises. Good teams are bad and bad teams suddenly look good.

Bills vs Jets is the biggest non Pats game of week 1 IMO. What other games do you like?

Roger intentionally made the off-season longer so he can schedule the other events to make the NFL year round.

Bills at Jets will be a good one. Other games I’m interested in:

49ers at Steelers
Dolphins at Chargers

Unfortunately I see KC winning it again :maybenot:

Roger intentionally made the off-season longer so he can schedule the other events to make the NFL year round.

Bills at Jets will be a good one. Other games I’m interested in:

49ers at Steelers
Dolphins at Chargers
49ers @ Steelers is the game that I will watch at 12:00.

Football is finally here and I am positive that this season will have so many surprises. Good teams are bad and bad teams suddenly look good.

Bills vs Jets is the biggest non Pats game of week 1 IMO. What other games do you like?
Couldn’t agree more about the longest off-season.

I would love to see the Jets suck and the Packers make the playoffs.

Couldn’t agree more about the longest off-season.

I would love to see the Jets suck and the Packers make the playoffs.
Packers play the Bears which is kinda a big game.

Roger's and Packers have owned the Bears. Bears have added some talent on offense and need to start winning.

There’s still a lot of football left to be played
Wait I just looked at the Chief's roster and they kind of don't look great? Maybe not a top 2 seed.

Was such a long wait this year. Lot of interesting stuff week 1.

Chris Jones holdout for first game?
Browns bengals should be good.
Dolphins and jets games really good too.
Steelers game as well.

triumph.jpg

As hard as the NFL tries, every off season seems long.. they do their best to fill off season with free agency, draft, OTA's, TC etc.
Sportstalk radio & TV also contribute, as they spout various nontroversies and conspiracy theories to generate interest in their brand in their effort to be "edgy"....

As hard as the NFL tries, every off season seems long.. they do their best to fill off season with free agency, draft, OTA's, TC etc.
Sportstalk radio & TV also contribute, as they spout various nontroversies and conspiracy theories to generate interest in their brand in their effort to be "edgy"....

And it's totally OK if the offseason seems long. It gives you a chance to do other things while looking forward to the season starting. It also is Jete fans' favorite time of year.

The purpose of preseason is to prepare the team for the season. That it amuses fans (or not) is important to fans, perhaps to the accountants, but all this is irrelevant to the preseason's actual purpose. The NFL is not pro-wrestling, yet, where all decisions are made for the amusement of fans and the "sport" is stripped of athletic and competitive legitimacy. There is a case to be made, I think, that changes in rules over recent years have shoved the NFL in this direction by crippling the allegedly less amusing defensive side of the game. Now we want similarly to distort preseason? Ridiculous. If you don't find preseason sufficiently diverting, consider that if it were restored to what it once was, we might not have to wait until November each year to see competent football.

Packers play the Bears which is kinda a big game.

Roger's and Packers have owned the Bears. Bears have added some talent on offense and need to start winning.
The Midgets of the Midway are weak and have been for a very long time.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back