PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomorrow: the Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I expect that we should have statements from the league, from Stacey, from Belichick and from Robert Kraft.

And we should have "inside" information from a hundred media types. We will all choose who to believe. I suspect most of us here will ignore everyone but Reiss.

I wonder how much more we will know by Saturday night, and then back to football. As crises go, this one isn't long lasting. The long lasting effect is the intended one. Every team will be snitching on each other regarding rules violations.

Most here are practical enough to just take the punishment and move on. Obviously, Kraft and Belichick and Kraft have an $800K issue to discuss, but we will likely never know much about that discussion.

I would gladly throw $25 into the "Free Billy" fund.

Per Reiss, this is Goddell's statement, and I would assume that of the league as well:

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots.

"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on Coach Belichick," Goodell also wrote. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

I would gladly throw $25 into the "Free Billy" fund.

All Bill has to do is write a book about this whole mess and he'll make
a lot more than the $500k. But I don't think he would do that.

Last edited:
All Bill has to do is write a book about this whole mess and he'll make
a lot more than the $500k. But I don't think he would do that.

Rather, parking will go up $5 and beers another $3.

def a best seller! why wouldnt he when its all over and done, like about 3-4 sbs down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back