Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tomorrow: the Dance

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 17 / -2

I expect that we should have statements from the league, from Stacey, from Belichick and from Robert Kraft.

And we should have "inside" information from a hundred media types. We will all choose who to believe. I suspect most of us here will ignore everyone but Reiss.

I wonder how much more we will know by Saturday night, and then back to football. As crises go, this one isn't long lasting. The long lasting effect is the intended one. Every team will be snitching on each other regarding rules violations.

Most here are practical enough to just take the punishment and move on. Obviously, Kraft and Belichick and Kraft have an $800K issue to discuss, but we will likely never know much about that discussion.
  2. CT_Pats_Fan

CT_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I would gladly throw $25 into the "Free Billy" fund.
  3. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Per Reiss, this is Goddell's statement, and I would assume that of the league as well:

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots.

"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on Coach Belichick," Goodell also wrote. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."
  4. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -2

All Bill has to do is write a book about this whole mess and he'll make
    a lot more than the $500k. But I don't think he would do that.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. CT_Pats_Fan

CT_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Rather, parking will go up $5 and beers another $3.
  6. nowayback

nowayback Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

def a best seller! why wouldnt he when its all over and done, like about 3-4 sbs down the road
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.