PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tommie Harris coming in for a workout | update: signed by Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tommie Harris coming in for a workout

Agreed. The guy has shown nothing these past years.

And no way are we completely moving away from the 3-4.
He is 28 and had one bad season

Not sure why people hear want JC to be a 43OLB. He is a better 43DE than a 43 OLB. I rather have Ninko or Fletcher playing the Sam, preferably Ninko.

He's WAAAAAY lighter than 430 lbs.

:D :D :D

If they do move to a 4-3, they sure could have drafted Allen Bailey from miami right about now.:rolleyes:

If they do move to a 4-3, they sure could have drafted Allen Bailey from miami right about now.:rolleyes:

Right, because we all know a rookie solves every problem instantly. Especially a rookie that gets off the line slower than my Grandma.

i think if we went to a 4-3 Mayo would play OLB. In my opinion thats his natural position. he played there in college and dominated

True, but he has also been one of the most dependable MLB's in the NFL since 2008, including DROY.

Normally I like the whole 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' but I agree Spikes doesn't have the speed and nobody has the proven consistent play recognition or tackling ability of Mayo in our LB corps so far.

Moving to the 4-3 is also very likely in my opinion because of the personnel available in FA (Lawson, Roth), trade blocks (Osi), rookies/young players we have (Cunningham is a natural DE), and most defenders coming out of college are familiar with the 4-3.

Bailey has tons of potential.He's a rookie but this team was allergic to taking DL linemen in last year's draft.Osi would make perfect sense but BB wants to stockpile draft picks.

He was rated 85 in Madden last year which is of course the most reliable factor in determining a players value. So I think it will work.

He was rated 85 in Madden last year which is of course the most reliable factor in determining a players value. So I think it will work.

Welcome to the board, I sense a very good poster in the making! :D

I'm all for getting a look at Harris and seeing if he's healthy. He will only be "done" if he can't stay on the field. He was a frequent Pro Bowler who was largely responsible for some of the beastly Bears defenses in the mid to late 2000s. He's still young and could have a lot left in the tank.

OK...it's buggin' me...so I'll just come out and ask...

Eat Da Pu Pu...is that a Samoan nickname...or scatological in nature?

Thanx in advance

Your pal

Joe Kerr

In the past 2 seasons, Harris has played 30 games. He started all 15 he played in during the 2009 season, and only started in 5 of 15 starts in 2010. He's combined for 4 sacks and 28 tackles in those two seasons.

Unless there's something that's been going on behind the scenes, Mr. Harris is on his way out of the league at 27 years of age.

Last edited:

we'll be in and out of both defenses. i think it matters more who's calling the d.

they are bringing in a lot of 4-3 DT's but no 4-3 DE's ? im not 100% sold on the base 4-3 maybe alot of nickle a 4-3 DT is a 3-4 DE so i think the pats are just seting them selfs up to run what ever defense works from game to games and from play to play thats pretty much what BB has been doing with he's defense for over 20 years now

In the past 2 seasons, Harris has played 30 games. He started all 15 he played in during the 2009 season, and only started in 5 of 15 starts in 2010. He's combined for 4 sacks and 28 tackles in those two seasons.

Unless there's something that's been going on behind the scenes, Mr. Harris is on his way out of the league at 27 years of age.

I don't think Harris has been truly healthy at any point in the last couple of years. On that note though, he probably won't be healthy anytime ever again. His legs are a mess.

they are bringing in a lot of 4-3 DT's but no 4-3 DE's ? im not 100% sold on the base 4-3 maybe alot of nickle a 4-3 DT is a 3-4 DE so i think the pats are just seting them selfs up to run what ever defense works from game to games and from play to play thats pretty much what BB has been doing with he's defense for over 20 years now

Last yea they ran a bunch of the package referred to as "big" nickel. In which they had 3 or 4 dt on the d line, to prevent the run against the nickel. Maybe there is more of a switch towards this set due to how much of a passing league this is. In the end though once it becomes third down that is not a set you can run because of the lack of pass rushers.

I believe they will sign another DE unless they feel extremely comfortable with Nink, Cunningham and Moore.

Colts sign Tommie Harris

Guess either we weren't impressed or didn't offer him enough dough.

BREAKING: Former #Bears DT Tommie Harris has signed a one-year deal with the Indianapolis #Colts, according to a league source

Last edited:
Re: Colts sign Tommie Harris

Maybe there really wasn't much left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back