PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Source claims Pats filmed Rams' Super Bowl walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't understand how someone was on the field who no one knew and wasn't asked to show any credentials.

This was the first big event after 9/11 and security was supposed to be extremely tight for the events. So, some random dude was in the stadium while players were practicing and never got asked anything?

While completely possible, I just find too many holes in this.

I can’t see this ending anyway but bad for us. This is going to get really ugly. Belichick may end up being the sacrificial lamb in all of this.

Get ready for the possibility of our undefeated season being looked at like Bonds' HR record.

It sucks... But that is a VERY REAL possibility. The media is a very powerful enemy to have against you.

You're wrong. This media crap is cyclical. Roger will testify soon and football will be forgotten... And little ever comes of it. The big names that cover the game, even those whose noses were out of joint at the outset of spygate, changed their tune dramatically over several weeks time as they talked to more knowledgeable NFL people and realized what an over reaction their initial response was.

The haters will alway have spygate. Just like we will always have those Lombardi's. But it won't be a big deal six months from now. What it is doing is putting an unfair damper on the pre game enjoyment of Patriots fans. And post game, even as it continues, we will survive. For all we know it may preclude a couple of anticipated retirements, and that would serve our whiny assed competitors right.

What it is doing is putting an unfair damper on the pre game enjoyment of Patriots fans. And post game, even as it continues, we will survive.

Exactly, I will not be able to watch any of the pregame now as I am sure all of the networks are in overdrive trying to spin this into their programming

Precisely why I have boycotted all NFL TV until the game. Same ole crap now, but even more outrageous. Why can't BB just tell us where he hid Jimmy Hoffa's body and be done with :rolleyes:

why are people worried about this having anything to do with this season? this story adds nothing new. people who wanted to the taint the pats would taint them whether or not this crap came out today. and once again, it has zero affect on the games this season. if they didnt have spygate, theyd use the tuck rule. if they didnt have the tuck rule, theyd have our dbs 'molesting' colts/rams wr's unfairly. and so on... thats what bitter fans do.

all this will do is fire up the patriots even more for tomorrow night. remember week 2 vs the chargers? or the countless records broken this season? the media hasnt learned from their past mistakes... with a team this resilient, distractions will have no negative effect in their game.

like ive always told my buddies, spy-gate only meant NE's pay-day

Last edited:
I haven't read the entire post here, so forgive me if this has been brought up, but I thought videotaping only became an 'illegal' action this year??

It doesn't really matter if its "illegal" or not, this is a dirty and dishonorable tactic either way and surely questions the intentions of the coaching staff. One has to wonder when we can stop giving the Pats the benefit of the doubt as more and more stories such as this come out...
It's the NFL, it's happened since the beginning of time. People who are outraged need to open their eyes. George Carlin calls this kind of thinking the "****ification" of America.

Meow.

The people who are stirring this up better beware. I have a horrible feeling that the Pats may have evidence against them for all the Super Bowl runs. BUT the Patriots have evidence about what every other NFL team does that goes against the rules of the game.

Goddell came to an agreement with the Pats once he saw all the evidence that the Pats had on other teams. He would say that the videos only covered the 2006 season and that the Pats would have to take the punishment and keep quiet about what they know.

If everyone keeps coming at the Pats they will blow the doors off this.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

The source can't be Walsh, cuz if it was, he'd know exactly what was done with the tape because he would have been the cameraman, and this paragraph would have read " the source rushed back to the hotel and into the waiting arms of BB, Ernie Adams and TB." :rolleyes:
I agree the source isn't Walsh because, from everything I've read, the NYT reporter has been working Walsh for quite some time and was even on the verge of getting him to speak openly earlier this year (again, that is just stuff I have read over the past 36 hours so believe what you will).

But it doesn't make sense that after working and working with the NYT reporter, and coming close to talking on a few occassions, Walsh would decide to suddenly spill his guts to Tomase.

Oh geez. I woke up to find this topic. I thought it said Source claims Pats filmed Giants' Super Bowl walk through. I was about to **** myself.

Last edited:
On Friday Mike Golic said taping is more common than what people think. Howie Long agreed with him. And if i'm not mistaken Jimmy Johnson even came out at some point during the season and said he did some taping as well during his coaching career. I wish those voices would be heard more often. But unfortunately they aren't. There is nothing that can be done now. One thing to note is that Matt Walsh said he had detrimental evidence against the Pats and the NFL. I wonder what he has that could effect the NFL so negatively. Maybe evidence of other teams taping too.

On Friday Mike Golic said taping is more common than what people think. Howie Long agreed with him. And if i'm not mistaken Jimmy Johnson even came out at some point during the season and said he did some taping as well during his coaching career. I wish those voices would be heard more often. But unfortunately they aren't. There is nothing that can be done now. One thing to note is that Matt Walsh said he had detrimental evidence against the Pats and the NFL. I wonder what he has that could effect the NFL so negatively. Maybe evidence of other teams taping too.

Shouldn't you be arguing against the Pats? :D

the entire thing is ridiculous. When a team is about to become the greatest team in NFL history, all the bad things suddenly show up.

Come on.! I'm tired of hearing it.

We need the truth? Lol, dude relax. If the truth comes out it will come out. Your right we need the truth. But we don't ened to kill someone before we even know. You sound like your ready to turn on everything Belichick and the Pats are. Over what, a freaking rumor at this point?

Are you addressing my post? Read more carefully. I thought it was clear, but perhaps it wasn't, that it was Felger who was sanctimoniously intoning that his [our] job was to find the truth.

Frankly, I found that slimey wad of hypocrisy unpalatable, in fact, choke-worthy.

If he had such detrimental evidence,why is he just coming out with it?Why not do it when the blown out of proportion spygate 1st came about? I'm not buying it.Walsh is a nobody.No one wants to hear his story.

I just can't understand how someone was on the field who no one knew and wasn't asked to show any credentials.

This was the first big event after 9/11 and security was supposed to be extremely tight for the events. So, some random dude was in the stadium while players were practicing and never got asked anything?

While completely possible, I just find too many holes in this.

I think it's entirely plausible. The thing you have to remember about most security setups is that it's almost entirely at the perimeter of whatever you're trying to keep people out of. In this scenario, once he came in with the Pats he was cleared and able to do whatever he wanted. In a large building, with several different staffs belonging to several different organizations that don't know each other, all he really has to do is act like he's supposed to be there and nobody will question it.

Really, I don't doubt this story in the least. If you look at it in the context of everything else we've heard about what goes on in the NFL it fits right in. Belichick is relatively young, but he's been coaching for a very long time and is certainly part of the good ol' boys network that thinks of this stuff as just part of doing business. The problem is that it's being reported without that context and knowledge of what's considered normal within the coaching fraternity and so it looks bad to outsiders...particularly outsiders who are only interested in justifying their dislike/jealousy/suspicions of a team that they already see as having overstayed its time on top.

I think there needs to be a PatsFans research project...anybody with some spare time (ie, not me, sorry) gather together all the references we know about to these tricks that go on in the NFL. Links to online stories are great and should be assembled, but don't stop there. I'm sure all those biographies and glory books that have been written about most teams have at least one story that was included as a charming, amusing anecdote and would be at least as damning as anything that's come out about the Pats. I know this board mentioned many of the incidents brought up by ex-coach broadcasters back then this whole mess started. Assemble them all in one place, throw them up on a free Google page or something, and anytime somebody even starts to make a big deal out of it just point them at the page. (I'd suggest sending it to the press/pseudo-press, but it's not like it would get any traction there...)

......Tis has seriously affected my enjoyment of an otherwise dream season. I know people say "who cares" and I don't care inasfar as what was done because I read (unlike some of these media members) and I see this is just nothing new. I do care about people gleefully trying to tear down everything just because every jackass has a microphone or a "blog" these days.

Don't let it my friend. Otherwise the "terrorists" will have won.

Best post in this thread

Another perfectly timed motivation bomb. I can't wait for the look on Goodell's face when he has to hand the trophy over. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes