PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Source claims Pats filmed Rams' Super Bowl walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
next they're going to accuse the pats they had cameras in the jets draft room.

Aw, man, don't be worried because of me! I have a one year old who is keeping me from sleeping and stressing me out lately. THat's probably a huge reason.

I'm just pissed, that's all. It will be a relief for me when this season is all over.

Besides, way back when this story was first breaking, we all heard about the different things over the years other teams and coaches did. Some of those stories were really funny. It drove the point home to me that this is very very widespread and common and historically has been. So it's a bit annoying to see some people freaking out when it could easily be true. THis happens as a matter of course. I doubt anyone thought they were doing anything other than what had always been done. Bottom line is, none of us really know anything about the inner workings of the NFL. But from what I've seen, this could easily be true and it's not remotely a big deal.

Now you're talking! Try to get a nap or 2 in today so you're all rested up for tomorrow. Have the hubby take over for a while. You're not alone either Bella, America has become an extremely reactionary society. I really wish we'd think more with our brains than our emotions.

This kind of stuff has been going on forever. Here's a famous story told by Tom Landry involving then Dallas scout Bucko Kilroy (who later would become personnel man for the Pats and recently passed away).
I was going to post something along these lines. If you read football history books you'll find "watching", "spying", etc, all over the place. It's a complete non issue to me except I'm tired of hearing about it. It's just part of the over dramatization, over sensitivity of society today. We probably did it to others. Others probably did it to us. And you can say that for any "we" or "us" going back over 50 years.

Wow... This writer is really fat. What a slob. Why would you come out with something like this now??? Ran out of chicken wings too soon and had nothing better to do?

Fat ugly bastard.

No, the ass is being a consistent tradition of a Boston sportwriter. Don't you remember what that ass-wipe McDonut, self declared "dean" of the
Boston sport writers, did to the '85 Super bowl team?

Anything for a headline! That does not require them to actually write anything about a sport, that would make evident that they don't have the foggiest idea of what is happening on the field.

Just spread inherently unprovable assumptions.

I was going to post something along these lines. If you read football history books you'll find "watching", "spying", etc, all over the place. It's a complete non issue to me except I'm tired of hearing about it. It's just part of the over dramatization, over sensitivity of society today. We probably did it to others. Others probably did it to us. And you can say that for any "we" or "us" going back over 50 years.

Unfortunitly when your on top, people want to knock you down, and we are not one of the most popular teams , in terms of love, in leauge circles...

Unfortunitly when your on top, people want to knock you down, and we are not one of the most popular teams , in terms of love, in leauge circles...
You're right - and just wait 36 hours :D

Felger was almost on the verge of orgasm in regard to the story last night on FSNE show. Tanguay looked like he wanted to MF him..

Felger was almost on the verge of orgasm in regard to the story last night on FSNE show. Tanguay looked like he wanted to MF him..

Somebody is going to be moved to violence against Felger very soon. He'll get his. It's going to be hard to get a Patriot player on his radio show next season, if it even lasts that long.

The Pats cheated, you can call it whatever you like. The fact remains and will never change . 90% of the people outside of NE understand this. Of course you want to sweep it under the rug, but you only have BB to thank for putting the Pats and their fan base in this position. You can act like BB cheating wasn't really cheating and label it something else, but here...and try to keep up, is where you're SOL. I can look at this situation any way I choose, as can everyone else, as can you. The overwhelming majority of society also believe the Pats cheated so whatever you say carries little weight. You can't change the fact the Pats cheated "broke the rules" therefore they're guilty, therefore not legit the facts are clear.
You do know that the Pats are not the only team to employ this practice, right? You're coming of as sounding holier than thou while completely ignoring the fact that this and other methods of signal stealing are used all of the time by every NFL club. Don't believe me, go take a look at Goodell's speech or NFL histrorian Steve Sabol's taks on just how common a practice this is and has been in the NFL.

Give it a rest, you've got no good leg to stand on.

The Pats cheated, you can call it whatever you like. The fact remains and will never change . 90% of the people outside of NE understand this. Of course you want to sweep it under the rug, but you only have BB to thank for putting the Pats and their fan base in this position. You can act like BB cheating wasn't really cheating and label it something else, but here...and try to keep up, is where you're SOL. I can look at this situation any way I choose, as can everyone else, as can you. The overwhelming majority of society also believe the Pats cheated so whatever you say carries little weight. You can't change the fact the Pats cheated "broke the rules" therefore they're guilty, therefore not legit the facts are clear.

So, your argument basically comes down to "well, everyone thinks you did it, so that makes it true." Who's the Great Shepherd for your wandering clan of groupthink imbeciles?

So basically the story boils down to: an unidentified source says an unidentified person with ties to the Patriots went unidentified into a practice and videotaped a practice and then may or may not have returned that tape to the Patriots who then may or may not have used it in the game the next night? Is that about the gist of it?

Also another interesting question if this is Walsh. If he has a tape, could it be possible that the Pats fired him because he did videotape the practice without the Pats knowledge? Or he tried to blackmail them?

Last edited:
Feel the Pain
You are the most pathetic troll on this or any other board as a Dolphins fan. I can understand the jealousy consuming you after your almost perfect season (1-15). Of course you know all about cheating having bought tapes tot the Pats games to learn Brady's audibles.
Even your idol, Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas want to get out of that disaster.
I feel your pain LOL

Good thing the Pats taped that Rams practice because otherwise it might have been a really close game that game down to a two minute drill and a field goal...hey wait!!!!! :rolleyes:

With all these accusations of cheating flying around you would think the Pats had never lost a game. If they are such good cheaters how do you explain the entire 2002 season or the Halloween loss in Pittsburgh or the San Diego loss at home in 2005 or the AFCCG loss at Indy.

Just noted that the Globe still doesn't have anything up about this story--so what's going on? You'd think they'd be all over the story. (Oh wait, that would mean you'd actually have to have something to report. :eek: )

The other talkinghead, who was on with both Felger and Tanguay (Bridges?) tried to blow off the story but was browbeaten by Felger (our job is to get to the TRUTH!!!) into calling the possible taping of the Rams' walkthough "despicable." He really liked that word because he used it several times.

This guy was purely pathetic, one of the most inarticulate commentators (or whatever he is) I've ever seen on NEST. Anyone know who he is?

An unidentified source? Wait so hold on. No one that day saw the guy? I don't see how. So if they saw him, why not say anything this whole time period? Better yet, this "source", where have you been? How conveniant of you to come out now. But why wait? This whole eyar everyone who can has been taking shots at the Pats, why do it now? They weren't promised a super bowl berth, so no one planned this out. And for such an allegation, why dont you have the nuts to put your name by it? Give me a break, this isn't the Godfather, this is the NFL. You have no reason for secret identification, what the hell can possibly happen to you?

If you people buy this, you must be fooled easily. While it does indeed perhaps open a window of speculation, it's not a credible source at all. If anything, the timing just stinks like **** to me, making it almost obvious. Still I think we should hear both sides, but I'm not ready to hate on anything yet till we find the truth.

Although the story itself doesn't bear comment, I am loving this! More reason for the boys to get totally fired up and blow the doors off the Giants!

The other talkinghead, who was on with both Felger and Tanguay (Bridges?) tried to blow off the story but was browbeaten by Felger (our job is to get to the TRUTH!!!) into calling the possible taping of the Rams' walkthrough "despicable." He really liked that word because he used it several times.

This guy was purely pathetic, one of the most inarticulate commentators (or whatever he is) I've ever seen on NEST. Anyone know who he is?

We need the truth? Lol, dude relax. If the truth comes out it will come out. Your right we need the truth. But we don't ened to kill someone before we even know. You sound like your ready to turn on everything Belichick and the Pats are. Over what, a freaking rumor at this point? I said it above before, I'll say it here.

Why did this source wait till now? Why would he of not been seen? the whole 53 man roster, coaching staff didn't see someone? If they did and they didn't report it, doesn't that tell you something? They obviously didn't care. But it just stinks to me. this story never came out from this WHOLE time period? This story stayed asleep when the Pats were ripe for the picking in September? Because it was obviously untrue. Remember, the biggest defense for the Pats was there was no evidence whatsoever they were helped to win super bowls. If something like this were out there, no damn way it stays quiet.

To me this is someone who does not even have the nuts to put their name on a huge allegation. Why should I believe it? If your telling the truth, put your damn name down. It's not like something bad will happen to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back