PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Source claims Pats filmed Rams' Super Bowl walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-h-e-a-t-e-r-s
A guy who lives and works in Boston wouldn't publish this article unless there was some truth to it.
Choking on that playoff loss to the Jaguars?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But how much could it really effect the outcome one day before the game? Seems to me it would take more time to study the film and put things in place than an overnight.
You're joking, right..? Watching a team walk through in slow motion the plays they plan to run the next day..? Um, I think that would have a pretty big effect.

Now maybe it happened and maybe it didn't... and maybe it was illegal or maybe it wasn't... but please don't sit here and say "gee, how much could it really effect things?"...

Last edited:
F'em, F'em all to hell!

I have nothing good to add to what's all ready been said, but I had to get that off my chest :D

Umm... didn't this come out when Spygate happened? I think I may have even made a post here about it, since that jackwad Florio sent me an e-mail stating that the Pats taped the walkthrough according to his sources. Of course, what he failed to mention, and apparently this article does, is that the "walkthrough" was actually a PR event of sorts, for friends and family of the team to take pictures with the team and such, rather than an actual practice.

C-h-e-a-t-e-r-s
A guy who lives and works in Boston wouldn't publish this article unless there was some truth to it.
Good gravy, you obviously are completely clueless about the Boston media. Those guys love to make names for themselves, and they know the best way to do it is to bash the local teams.

Last edited:
Umm... didn't this come out when Spygate happened? I think I may have even made a post here about it, since that jackwad Florio sent me an e-mail stating that the Pats taped the walkthrough according to his sources. Of course, what he failed to mention, and apparently this article does, is that the "walkthrough" was actually a PR event of sorts, for friends and family of the team to take pictures with the team and such, rather than an actual practice.

Yup, this is an old story re-surfacing. This stuff being cyclical, hopefully the companion story about the Rams possibly spying on the final day of real practice for the Patriots a day earlier, as was observed by Pepper Johnson as well as the pool reporter and league officials in attendance, will re-surface soon too. That's why Martz whenever asked roundly dismissed spying having had any impact on SB XXXVI.

You did. I remember your post very well. The whole thing died then but now it is SUPER DUPER BREAKING NEWS.

I cannot express my anger and disgust with ESPN and sports media. I get everything here because I won't watch it. Tis has seriously affected my enjoyment of an otherwise dream season. I know people say "who cares" and I don't care inasfar as what was done because I read (unlike some of these media members) and I see this is just nothing new. I do care about people gleefully trying to tear down everything just because every jackass has a microphone or a "blog" these days.

You did. I remember your post very well. The whole thing died then but now it is SUPER DUPER BREAKING NEWS.

I cannot express my anger and disgust with ESPN and sports media. I get everything here because I won't watch it. Tis has seriously affected my enjoyment of an otherwise dream season. I know people say "who cares" and I don't care inasfar as what was done because I read (unlike some of these media members) and I see this is just nothing new. I do care about people gleefully trying to tear down everything just because every jackass has a microphone or a "blog" these days.

As I've stated multiple times before, this has become the American way. Chasing your own dream isn't enough any more, you have to try and tear down those above you too. It makes me sick, that's why I just ignore it now.

Tis has seriously affected my enjoyment of an otherwise dream season.

Don't let it my friend. Otherwise the "terrorists" will have won.

A lot of people will have a lot of money riding on this game. The timing of these "sources" and the rehashing of this old news is suspect in that regard. Everyone (haters and fans alike) has been able to agree on one simple fact all season long... the Patriots are fueled by allegations such as this, all the x's and o's can be put aside, and out comes the human spirit of the Bruschi's, Brady's and Faulks of this world who have had their past accomplishments called into question. It's going to be interesting to see how the line moves (does it go up to 13. 14, today?) in light of these allegations. And it makes you question if jockeying for spread position is not a factor behind all of this. Someone is pulling the strings, and the Tomases, Specters, Walsh's etc.. of this world are pawns in the game. Conduits, if you will.

Let's digest what is being said here by Tomase:

After completing the walkthrough, they had their team picture taken and the Rams then took the field. According to the source, a member of the team’s video staff stayed behind after attending the team’s walkthrough and filmed St. Louis’ walkthrough.

At no point was he asked to identify himself or produce a press pass, the source said. The cameraman rode the media shuttle back to the hotel with news photographers when the Rams walkthrough was completed, the source said.

It’s not known what the cameraman did with the tape from there. It’s also not known if he made the recording on his own initiative or if he was instructed to make the recording by someone with the Patriots or anyone else.

The source can't be Walsh, cuz if it was, he'd know exactly what was done with the tape because he would have been the cameraman, and this paragraph would have read " the source rushed back to the hotel and into the waiting arms of BB, Ernie Adams and TB." :rolleyes:

Also, if there was no scrutiny and security at the practice, and media people were allowed to film it (which would be the only way a strange guy with a camera filming practice would go unnoticed), I would be extremely surprised if anything illegal took place. Why go to the trouble, it essentially would be the same as going to one of the pool reporters (also there filming presumably) and saying "hey buddy, I'll give you a 12-pk and $1000 for that tape. Basically, that is exactly what the doofins did to us last year and nobody said BOO, and in fact, that said that kinda stuff was fine.

Bottom line, all unnamed speculative BS. There is no tape either, otherwise it would have already surfaced this year.

You're joking, right..? Watching a team walk through in slow motion the plays they plan to run the next day..? Um, I think that would have a pretty big effect.

Now maybe it happened and maybe it didn't... and maybe it was illegal or maybe it wasn't... but please don't sit here and say "gee, how much could it really effect things?"...

Don't you remember the outcome of that game? If they cheated, if they gained an advantage do you really think the game would have been so close? I mean seriously people.

I can’t see this ending anyway but bad for us. This is going to get really ugly. Belichick may end up being the sacrificial lamb in all of this.

Get ready for the possibility of our undefeated season being looked at like Bonds' HR record.

It sucks... But that is a VERY REAL possibility. The media is a very powerful enemy to have against you.

its like everybody is against the pats.......lol..... pats rock

And it makes you question if jockeying for spread position is not a factor behind all of this.

The only thing that affects a betting line, is heavy $$ coming in on the other side.

The only thing that affects a betting line, is heavy $$ coming in on the other side.

Yes, and heavy betting on NE today (due to the "motivation factor") would move the line.

The Patriots are not a member of the old guard of teams that established the legacy of the league. They are upstarts, a long despised 2nd rate franchise suddenly in charge of a board room filled with grumpy old men. There is a lot of resistance and jealousy against the new kid in town. It's like that when a newcomer breaks into any entrenched business.

The reason for this vituperation was the excessive punishment handed down by Goodell. It has now been reported that Dan Rooney et. al advised him on the punishment. This was terrible advice, befitting a chief competitor with a desire to damage and humiliate his principal rival.

In a knee jerk attempt to short circuit a PR storm Goodell triggered a PR tidal wave. For a guy with a PR background, Goodell has shown himself to be out of his league.

Florio bears some responisbility for this. His rumor mill is laced with half truths. He crafts his headlines and statements in a cunning fashion to stir up the most powerful public response. His popularity has prompted other sports media outlets to copy his approach and method.

Nowhere is the nature of the pre Sb "walk thru" (a glorified PR event, with family and media present) explained to temper the perceived "heinousness" of the act, if such an act occurred.

Nowhere is the historical precedent of George Halas, Paul Brown, George Allen, Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson explained. All of those greats engaged in technological shenanigans.

Mangini is sitting in his mansion with his 2+ million a year salary, sipping (o(ktails. Everything he possesses he owes to Belichick and the performance of those players on the Patriot team. By his immaturity he has tarnished the reputation of all of them in the public mind, and his immature act is being used as a weapon against the NFL by Comcast's puppeteer in the Senate. Mangini is one pathetic human. He was over his head as D-coordinator, and allowed himself to be used and manipulated by BB's enemies with the Jets, just as BB had warned him.

It will be small consolation to me when Mangini's regime goes under, as it will inevitably. The damage he has done, out of immaturity, can't be undone. The only solution, as in all sports, is to win. Winning answers all questions. Except now, even a win on Sunday won't be enough. They'll have to win it again and again to remove this unjust stigma.

I just find it amazing that Dante's kid is still working for Mangini. And Brian Cox. I guess they really need the money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back