PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Jackson really is a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm watching Countdown right now and first he claimed that Jay Cutler is a better passer than Brady right now and will be a better quarterback in the future.

A few minutes later they compared the '08 Cowboys to the '07 Patriots and Tom said that the Cowboys this year are as or MORE talented than our offense last year. Romo is as good as Brady, Owens is the equivalent of Moss (the only real point he had), Witten is as good as Welker.

Most trolls are known to be that way, but Jackson is a respected senior commentator at ESPN. It's really disappointing.

I'm watching Countdown right now and first he claimed that Jay Cutler is a better passer than Brady right now and will be a better quarterback in the future.

A few minutes later they compared the '08 Cowboys to the '07 Patriots and Tom said that the Cowboys this year are as or MORE talented than our offense last year. Romo is as good as Brady, Owens is the equivalent of Moss (the only real point he had), Witten is as good as Welker.

Most trolls are known to be that way, but Jackson is a respected senior commentator at ESPN. It's really disappointing.

Well he is right. At this exact moment, I'd rather have Cutler than Brady too. Three weeks ago at this time? No. A year from now? No. But today, sure.

respected senior commentator? where the hell did you get this info???who cares what he thinks, get over it and turn the idiot off

Witten is as good as Welker

This is the one thing he's right about. I'm a huge Welker fan, but Witten is a monster in every aspect of the game and is probably even more valuable to his team than Welker is.

Last edited:

i actually believe witten is as good as gates, but why would he make the comparison between a TE and wr? tom jackson is one of the worst homers on tv

You guys have'nt learned yet?
Just Say No to espn.
You'll thank me later.

Attachments

• espnsucks.jpg
    espnsucks.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,228
Just Say No to espn.
You'll thank me later.

X2.. I am still boycotting them, and with these types of statements, I have good reason to continue.

Good old TJ. Short term memory is such a bad thing. Let's annoint Cutler the next Brady and Manning even though he hasn't won ****.

Someone should make a compilation of all of Tom Jackson's absurdly anti-Pats comments and post on YouTube.

If you must watch a pre game show, just stick with Fox. ESPN has Berman, Keyshawn, and a revolving cast of people who hate the Patriots. CBS is actually worse...the only one who I can stand there is Boomer Esiason.

The funny thing is that these dummies keep talking about the Pats, declaring them dead. If they were actually "dead", you'd stop jawing about them every week. The continued snide comments and biased commentary just keep them in everyones mind and show jealousy.

Of course, as I type this Jimmy Johnson is campaigning for Scott Pioli to go to Detroit. Yeah, that's the job he wants. :rolleyes:

respected senior commentator? where the hell did you get this info???who cares what he thinks, get over it and turn the idiot off

Good god, I got on the boards here to see if I was the only one that heard that?..WTF is wrong with him? Romo as good as Brady?
As if the tools at work who are Cowboy fans arent ******ed enough to deal with, now Tom Jackson is comparing Romo to Brady? why is he even on TV?
To say im a little peeved is an understatement.

If you must watch a pre game show, just stick with Fox. ESPN has Berman, Keyshawn, and a revolving cast of people who hate the Patriots.

Actually the new guy who replaced Smith kinda blew up at the end at Jackson. He basically called him crazy. I was kinda impressed. I don't mind ESPN so long as the craziness is balanced and argued with. Granted, it usually isn't.

Do yourselves a favor, turn off espn I have.. Will watch it on oct 20th but other than that will not watch it.

Do yourselves a favor, turn off espn I have.. Will watch it on oct 20th but other than that will not watch it.

Yeah, and MAYBE some draft coverage.
Seriously people, if you turn that crap off, you may even enjoy the season more.
I know it sounds crazy, but...

I hear ya, I actually had it on by accident. Left it on Sportscenter and was doing things around the house and it came on. Shoulda changed it, lol

Post-1998, I would be a little reluctant to anoint anything on the Broncos as an earth-mover. That team suffers high highs and low lows, with the highs coming early and the lows representing the note the Broncos end the season on.

Remember the Broncos were defensive world beaters in 2006 for the first 5 games or so, on a record setting pace and better than the Bears (1985 and 2006), before they completely unraveled in the second half of the season and became a bad defense.

Cutler was just pretty good last year, so I would wait a few games before I would label him the best QB in the NFL. But ridiculous statements are why these mediots make the big bucks.

Last edited:
Actually the new guy who replaced Smith kinda blew up at the end at Jackson. He basically called him crazy. I was kinda impressed. I don't mind ESPN so long as the craziness is balanced and argued with. Granted, it usually isn't.

Who replaced Emmitt Smith? I haven't bothered watching it since Week one and don't remember who they have on the front desk now.

Just Say No to espn.
You'll thank me later.

haha yes. i never watch espn, i do not even watch the football games they have on there anymore. when the pats play i will have the game on but i will listen to the radio broadcast because tony bruno SUCKS

Who replaced Emmitt Smith? I haven't bothered watching it since Week one and don't remember who they have on the front desk now.

I don't know his name. It's the guy who used to do Berman's job on Monday nights, the young black guy with glasses. Like I said, he seemed kinda promising based on the small amount I saw of him.

Jay Culter just made a perfect pass to Derek Johnson! Tom Brady could've never made an interception look that easy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore