PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

tom curran on nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's Girl said:
That has been TC's position all along......hell, its all of our positions! Do you think he will sign for less in GB than he was offered here?
We wont know what he was offered here if he signs elsewhere but iam pretty sure it will be rationalized as he was offered less here regardless of what the numbers would be.

He did not sign...so what will his move be...??? I think in some ways he has kissed NE good bye and may find no one will pay even what the Pats offered...and now?? He may be in no man's land..hoping that Mare is cut in Miami or??? I think in some ways he has been jerking the team around..and I think many see it that way..so at this point if he goes, I think all are prepared for that...ready to move on. And if by some way he returns, I do NOT think he's in as good a favor with the fans. I will be glad if he returns, but I don't feel the same way as I did a few months ago.

This whole offseason has been awful.

I get the feeling he doesn't want to be here, unlike Willie and probably Troy as well, who it kills me to see leave.

I love AV, but this whole thing has me wondering if he's not going to stay no matter what, and that he doesn't like it here. If that's the case then I would rather he goes.

I wonder if there is something to this all going back to the bad feelings about Milloy and Bledsoe-that was a good point.

I'm sure when this is all done we'll have a great team, but right now this has been the worst offseason for me in a long time.

Vinny needs to be very careful with the situation he is currently in. If he says the wrong thing or comes across as a jerk during this period of time, all the goodwill he has built up in the NE area will slowing disolve among the fans. Sure, people will always be thankful for his contributions, but he will always be remembered for the way he left. (see Milloy, Lawyer). It seems he is playing a game of wills with BB and we all know how this will end.

JustWinBrady said:
Vinny needs to be very careful with the situation he is currently in. If he says the wrong thing or comes across as a jerk during this period of time, all the goodwill he has built up in the NE area will slowing disolve among the fans. Sure, people will always be thankful for his contributions, but he will always be remembered for the way he left. (see Milloy, Lawyer). It seems he is playing a game of wills with BB and we all know how this will end.

Too late in my mind he's already soured my feeling towards him.

Adam can do whatever he wants - he has earned that right. If he wants to leave for more money - go for it. If he is pissed that the Pats FO has not made enough of an attempt to sign him - that is his right too, regardless of its accuracy. The venom towards a man that was CRUCIAL in all of the Pats SB victories baffles me.

Lets say you were job searching - thinking of leaving a company you have worked for the last ten years, it's been great, but you thik you could get significant money elsewhere. You get an offer. You hope your current employer counter-offers since you are such a big piece of the operation. They don't. What do you do?

Garbanza said:
Adam can do whatever he wants - he has earned that right. If he wants to leave for more money - go for it. If he is pissed that the Pats FO has not made enough of an attempt to sign him - that is his right too, regardless of its accuracy. The venom towards a man that was CRUCIAL in all of the Pats SB victories baffles me.

Lets say you were job searching - thinking of leaving a company you have worked for the last ten years, it's been great, but you thik you could get significant money elsewhere. You get an offer. You hope your current employer counter-offers since you are such a big piece of the operation. They don't. What do you do?

I tend to agree with you. Just really down he is leaving for whatever the reason.
He's a favorite. Always will have the memories no matter what happens.
PATs will go on and find someone to kick FGs if it comes to that.

patpatriot said:
Let's see AV. You haven't made enough money during your NE career. Now you need every last dollar. Will that last dollar bring you this elusive "respect". How does it feel to know that you are P*ssing all over an illustrious career; turning massive good wishes into emnity, ...for what? Which will be that magic dollar that is "enough"? You need all this money to save downtrodden Dafurans or the legions of AIDS victims or even the friggin whales? Or maybe to buy the world biggest RV? Do you have a secret ploygamous lifestyle that you need to support?

You know I slam the Postons all over the place but maybe they just serve the basic instinct of their clients: *greed* AKA "the last Dollar Syndrome".

Jesus friggin wept.

Your an idiot as are the other clowns that think these players owe the pats something because they "gave them a shot." If some company came to you offering you a 25%+ raise over what you make with your company, you would take it. Hell, you would probably take 5% more. Why is it different for athletes? And stop blaming the agents, they are doing their job, just like you or I would. I love how some of you idiots think that it is everyone else's fault but the Pats. The franchise has the final say in who goes or stays whether it be not tendering an offer or overpaying to keep a player here.

harveyw said:
Your an idiot as are the other clowns that think these players owe the pats something because they "gave them a shot." If some company came to you offering you a 25%+ raise over what you make with your company, you would take it. Hell, you would probably take 5% more. Why is it different for athletes? And stop blaming the agents, they are doing their job, just like you or I would. I love how some of you idiots think that it is everyone else's fault but the Pats. The franchise has the final say in who goes or stays whether it be not tendering an offer or overpaying to keep a player here.
What's the matter sweetie? Having a hard day today? Somebody kick your puppy? I'll bet, if we spend a little quiet time in our room and calm down a bit, then maybe we can put together a logical argument to prove our points without resorting to calling the other kids names. You might even get a cookie from mommy if you show you can play nice with the others. Now let's put on our big boy pants, and try to make a post this morning that doesn't have it's point lost in your hysterical name calling. MMmmmm??

pepper03 said:
This whole offseason has been awful.
And it's only a week old. For the love of God, people.

After listening to Curran last night, when I got up this morning, I fully expected to see tha Adam had signed with GB.

The fact that he is in his Orlando home today tells me tha GB is not going to offer him more than what Longwell got. If they had, Adam would have stayed in GB and there would have been a PC today.

So, we will now have to wait some more to see what this elusive kicker does.

Adam needs to be careful. If the Packers (and therefore other teams) think he's just jerking them around to get more money out of the Pats and, if the Pats think he's just jerking them around, Adam could find himself going backwards in his negotiations.

hwc said:
Adam needs to be careful. If the Packers (and therefore other teams) think he's just jerking them around to get more money out of the Pats and, if the Pats think he's just jerking them around, Adam could find himself going backwards in his negotiations.

maybe the pats told him to go out and jerk around other teams to find out what the best clutch kicker in the game is worth....and then we'll pay it.

*clutches at straws*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back