PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

tom curran on nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
says he spoke to AV today who is still in GB. Right now they are talking nos and if there is a offer worth accepting he will take it and AV didnt answer the question if he would give the pats a chance to match..
for what its worth..

SVN said:
says he spoke to AV today who is still in GB. Right now they are talking nos and if there is a offer worth accepting he will take it and AV didnt answer the question if he would give the pats a chance to match..
for what its worth..
nevermind....

Why Adam has so much hate all of a sudden sickens me.

Last edited:
Mcginest gone, Givens gone, and maybe Adam will be gone too.
This has been a very strange offseason so far. :confused:

Curran was taking his best guess but said clearly that Adam gave out little to no information. He thinks he would take it, he doesn't know.

BelichickFan said:
Curran was taking his best guess but said clearly that Adam gave out little to no information. He thinks he would take it, he doesn't know.
Hell i can guess that Adam will take it at this point. How many days has he been in GB? Seems like he doesnt want to leave.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Hell i can guess that Adam will take it at this point. How many days has he been in GB? Seems like he doesnt want to leave.
This is the second night he'll be there. It's almost like all these players got together and said "let's all leave then maybe the players will get more credit for SB 36, 38, 39".

It just doesn't make sense.....why is he so hellbent on leaving? Why did it get this far? Is our offer that much below GB so as to overcome what staying has to offer him long term? Is Green Bay going to overpay, which I would define as 2.5MM per year and anything more than a 2MM signing bonus over 4 years. I am saying 12MM for a kicker for 4 years is rediculous.

BelichickFan said:
This is the second night he'll be there. It's almost like all these players got together and said "let's all leave then maybe the players will get more credit for SB 36, 38, 39".

He only met with them today though, right? I don't know about everyone leaving as you suggest, but there is something hinkey about this whole thing with Adam....

Money Changes Everything

Let's see AV. You haven't made enough money during your NE career. Now you need every last dollar. Will that last dollar bring you this elusive "respect". How does it feel to know that you are P*ssing all over an illustrious career; turning massive good wishes into emnity, ...for what? Which will be that magic dollar that is "enough"? You need all this money to save downtrodden Dafurans or the legions of AIDS victims or even the friggin whales? Or maybe to buy the world biggest RV? Do you have a secret ploygamous lifestyle that you need to support?

You know I slam the Postons all over the place but maybe they just serve the basic instinct of their clients: *greed* AKA "the last Dollar Syndrome".

Jesus friggin wept.

i dont think he wants to play for the pats plain and simple.he right now has the adv of putting all the blame on the pats becos he knows public sentiment and media will only blame the pats regardless of the actual negotiating details.he had any desire to stay he wouldnt have gone to the florida paper and said what he said before FA even started.

SVN said:
i dont think he wants to play for the pats plain and simple.he right now has the adv of putting all the blame on the pats becos he knows public sentiment and media will only blame the pats regardless of the actual negotiating details.he had any desire to stay he wouldnt have gone to the florida paper and said what he said before FA even started.

Sadly, I think that you might be right. I felt the same way after I read those comments. :(

BelichickFan said:

Or maybe they just don't want to play here anymore for some reason. Has that ever crossed your mind? All I know is McGinest said, "I don't want to comment on the situation going on in New England." Meaning there is some kind of situation. Don't worry though, we have Reche Caldwell now. Start making reservation for Miami.

SVN said:

I have felt the same way from the start on this. BB knew this was a possibility. He must have plan B, C and D lined up.....

This seriously sucks!

DefenseRules said:
Sadly, I think that you might be right. I felt the same way after I read those comments. :(
And i wouldnt be surprised if he signs a 2 million dollar deal leaving us all to believe that the pats werent willing to pay him that. We all know the pats never talk about contract negiotiations in public so they wont comment for sure.Hell ,BB didnt say much when law called him a liar.
So it will just hang on the pats as another black mark with the media ripping them.i even saw tom curran expressing shock about what the pats are doing without knowing the other side of the story.
Sad .

If Vanderjagt is the planned alternate i will be furious.

Maybe we will draft a kicker.

patriotsrule said:
All I know is McGinest said, "I don't want to comment on the situation going on in New England." Meaning there is some kind of situation.
No, it doesn't mean there's a situation.

It means either :

- McGinest was being a jerk to start talk like that.
- McGinest wasn't smart enough to realize the meaning of what he said.

Even if there is a "situation", the two choices above apply.

Like I've said before, I can turn on a dime. Screw all these guys who are leaving. They did their thing, they got their ring, now don't let the door him them in their ass.

SVN said:
And i wouldnt be surprised if he signs a 2 million dollar deal leaving us all to believe that the pats werent willing to pay him that. We all know the pats never talk about contract negiotiations in public so they wont comment for sure.Hell ,BB didnt say much when law called him a liar.
So it will just hang on the pats as another black mark with the media ripping them.i even saw tom curran expressing shock about what the pats are doing without knowing the other side of the story.
Sad .

That has been TC's position all along......hell, its all of our positions! Do you think he will sign for less in GB than he was offered here?

BelichickFan said:
Like I've said before, I can turn on a dime. Screw all these guys who are leaving. They did their thing, they got their ring, now don't let the door him them in their ass.

Will you say the same thing when BB leaves? Just curious.

SeanBruschi54 said:
nevermind....

Why Adam has so much hate all of a sudden sickens me.

Hate? He's using the same rationale some of the people on this board do when they say it's no big deal that we'll lose him and that we can just plug any old stiff in and get the same results. Its not personal, ITS JUST BUSINESS.

Patjew said:
Will you say the same thing when BB leaves? Just curious.

Sweet mother of God! Defibrilator, please??? There are three Patriots who I could never turn on, BB, Tommy and Tedy. I could live with BB retiring. It would rip my heart out if he pulled a Parcells and left us for another team. But even if he did leave, I would always love him for what he gave us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back