PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady trivia question (NO CHEATING PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was his SECOND appearance at the Pontiac Silverdome that year. In pre-season, a bald Tommy led the Pats to a last minute win against the Lions at the Silverdome in the infamous "Chris Floyd Game." :D

Care to elaborate? Believe it or not, we don't keep books on every obscure Michigan draft pick of Bobby Grier.

Care to elaborate? Believe it or not, we don't keep books on every obscure Michigan draft pick of Bobby Grier.

Well geez, you oughta start! Anyways, I think I've told this story here before while reminiscing about the beast that is Chris Floyd but I'll give it an abbreviated go. Like I said, Tommy's first game back in the D as a rookie. Preseason, so we know he'll play. I had already planned on going, but when Tommy was drafted it was a no-brainer and we rolled with a decent crew. Dave Terrell, James Whitley (both UM players at the time) my buddy Josh and I. We sit in the first row of the end zone in the Silverdome, and Tommy was going to come get us after the game and take us up to the Pats room. Well, Pats win, he runs off the field toward us and the power-tripping security guard wouldn't let us down. So we go to the tunnel outside. Problem: Tommy led the last minute drive, the local UM media are interviewing him. To get up the tunnel, a player has to come down and get you. Looks futile. Well, Whitley sees Chris Floyd's mom and family and starts talking them up. I had met Floyd maybe once. Anyways, Floyd comes down to get his family (Josh and I are the only white guys) and sees us. He asks whats up and we let him know we're there to see Brady. He says to come up with him. We get back to the gate and the security guard stops him, he says "this is my family." We start walking and the guard stops Josh and I. He gives Floyd a look and says something, and Floyd responds "they're ALL my family." Look on dude's face was priceless.

Anyways, that's the Floyd game.

widf6.jpg

Well geez, you oughta start! Anyways, I think I've told this story here before while reminiscing about the beast that is Chris Floyd but I'll give it an abbreviated go. Like I said, Tommy's first game back in the D as a rookie. Preseason, so we know he'll play. I had already planned on going, but when Tommy was drafted it was a no-brainer and we rolled with a decent crew. Dave Terrell, James Whitley (both UM players at the time) my buddy Josh and I. We sit in the first row of the end zone in the Silverdome, and Tommy was going to come get us after the game and take us up to the Pats room. Well, Pats win, he runs off the field toward us and the power-tripping security guard wouldn't let us down. So we go to the tunnel outside. Problem: Tommy led the last minute drive, the local UM media are interviewing him. To get up the tunnel, a player has to come down and get you. Looks futile. Well, Whitley sees Chris Floyd's mom and family and starts talking them up. I had met Floyd maybe once. Anyways, Floyd comes down to get his family (Josh and I are the only white guys) and sees us. He asks whats up and we let him know we're there to see Brady. He says to come up with him. We get back to the gate and the security guard stops him, he says "this is my family." We start walking and the guard stops Josh and I. He gives Floyd a look and says something, and Floyd responds "they're ALL my family." Look on dude's face was priceless.

Anyways, that's the Floyd game.

widf6.jpg

Thanks.

I'm sure everyone else here had that story memorized, but it slipped by me somehow.:D

Thanks.

I'm sure everyone else here had that story memorized, but it slipped by me somehow.:D

Shocking. :D

No, I tend to refer to that as the Chris Floyd Game and most people want to stab me in the eye with a pencil for telling that story over and over again. It just makes me laugh.

Shocking. :D

No, I tend to refer to that as the Chris Floyd Game and most people want to stab me in the eye with a pencil for telling that story over and over again. It just makes me laugh.

That's cool. You have to realize there's lots of stories here and chris floyd is wicked obscure. I can't believe he was "on" the team three years.

I'm an old time Patriots fan and even when they were drafting people that required knee surgery and almost drafting dead people, they still wound up with more useable players than the Bobby Grier era.

THE WILD AND THE WACKY
Boston Globe, The (MA) - February 10, 2002
Author: WILL MCDONOUGH

Dennis Byrd #5 overall

Holovak: "Is Dennis there, please?"

Answer: "He's not."

Holovak: "This is Mike Holovak, the coach of the Boston Patriots, and I'd like to get in touch with him. Do you know where I can reach him?"

Answer: "The hospital."

Holovak: "Hospital? What's he doing in the hospital?"

Answer: "He's just had a knee operation."

At this point, Holovak wanted to strangle McKeever, his alleged chief scout. Things get even better later in the day when McKeever tries to draft a wide receiver. Slight problem. The kid is dead. He was killed in an accident a month earlier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They still wound up with Johnny Outlaw and Jim Cheyunski and maybe more I didn't recognize.

Look back at Grier with extra high picks for Parcells and Martin leaving and it will make you barf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes