PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady the official male spokesperson of UGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what his hair looks like or what products he endorses as long as he continues to help the Patriots win games. Nothing else matters.

Is this it?

gal_frontpage_1130.jpg

Yep. That's what greeted me when I opened my door this morning...

Whoops I was told he got rid of the mane

Three rings, record-setting individual season, undefeated regular season, first ballot HOFer, fastest to 100 wins ever, best winning percentage ever, 6'4", good looks, sense of humor, and he's married to the woman that you tear one off to...he can do whatever the f#$% he wants.

What the heck. I haven't been flamed in a while, so I'll defend TB.

First of all, UGG is primarily identified with women's or unisex apparel, especially in the US, but it has always had a presence in the men's market. I can remember seeing the boots in stores in Cambridge (MA) when I was in school in the early 80's. My kids have had UGG boots since they were small.

If you look at how the UGG brand is positioned (go to their webpage), you can see that Brady is probably the perfect spokesman. The image they are going for among men is "urban rugged," not "****kicker urban" (come on, we all have a pair of old Timberlands or the like...our ****kickers).

UGG is also a global brand and Brady, on his own but also through his relationship with "Gisele," is recognized in Europe and Asia. My guess is that he tests as well among hardcore football fans as he does among those who only have a passing acquaintance with the game. The exposure he has received on his own and with Bundchen is something that money can't buy. As a "brand," Brady will have much more longevity than Peyton, who will probably be doing the usual car and beer commercials a few years after he retires.

Brady's deal is a global deal and was announced on the Deckers web page. He is the image and spokesperson for the Global push into the men's market. He's probably gonna get a boatload of money.

Brady is being very, very smart about how he crafts his brand and how he sells his image. He's bypassing the "usual suspects" and going with smaller, growing brands like Deckers/UGG and Under Armour.

Let the flames commence! :ausflag:

I hope you don't get flamed, as you are 100% correct. This is a great play by UGG, for all the reasons you stated, and great for Brady's bank account as well. I thought I read he was getting and equity stake, but not positive.

Obviously Brady will take a ****load of flak from football fans since in America UGG is associated with overly-privileged, six-year-old girls, but it's quite clear Brady doesn't give an F what anyone thinks/says of him. (Or have you not seen his hair?)

For all the negitive talk about Ugg products, I am willing to bet the Boston metro area sees a 500% increase in male Ugg boots over last years sales this winter, because Pats fans want to wear the same boots as Tom.

For all the negitive talk about Ugg products, I am willing to bet the Boston metro area sees a 500% increase in male Ugg boots over last years sales this winter, because Pats fans want to wear the same boots as Tom.

Given I'd bet they moved <500 units in Boston last year I'd say you're being very conservative.

First of all, UGG is primarily identified with women's or unisex apparel, especially in the US, but it has always had a presence in the men's market. I can remember seeing the boots in stores in Cambridge (MA) when I was in school in the early 80's. My kids have had UGG boots since they were small.

If you look at how the UGG brand is positioned (go to their webpage), you can see that Brady is probably the perfect spokesman. The image they are going for among men is "urban rugged," not "****kicker urban" (come on, we all have a pair of old Timberlands or the like...our ****kickers).

UGG is also a global brand and Brady, on his own but also through his relationship with "Gisele," is recognized in Europe and Asia. My guess is that he tests as well among hardcore football fans as he does among those who only have a passing acquaintance with the game. The exposure he has received on his own and with Bundchen is something that money can't buy. As a "brand," Brady will have much more longevity than Peyton, who will probably be doing the usual car and beer commercials a few years after he retires.

Brady's deal is a global deal and was announced on the Deckers web page. He is the image and spokesperson for the Global push into the men's market. He's probably gonna get a boatload of money.

Brady is being very, very smart about how he crafts his brand and how he sells his image. He's bypassing the "usual suspects" and going with smaller, growing brands like Deckers/UGG and Under Armour.

I'm sure that when South Park puts Brady in the closet with Tom Cruise, it will all have been worthwhile....

Huh. I thought Ugg's went out last fall. Honestly, after that goat picture this sounds masculine.

Clearly, TFB is one of THE most P whipped guys of all time. Look at the pics from a few years ago and you can see that it's obvious that he has had hair plugs to counteract his Dad's genetic heritage of male pattern baldness.

That said, as long as this GOAT in developing, totally focused on Lombardi winning QB plays for our team we should fall to our knees and give thanks for each and every game we witness. Won't happen again in our lifetimes.

I'm sure that when South Park puts Brady in the closet with Tom Cruise, it will all have been worthwhile....

At least he doesn't have a Spam endorsement. There can't be anything worse than bad meat in the can.

Seriously, Tom? The ****? Haters are going to say **** about that, and I just won't have any response. Goddamn... uggs?

Uggs is better than licking Oreos with your brother like a couple of cunnilingus dufuses.

Wear Uggs to the game with your Brady jersey! Support our quarterback! Uggs are warm!

Should I admit that I keep a pair of UGGs at my dad's house and wear them to cold-weather games? They're ugly but those ****ers are warm. Plus I'm so manly that the UGGs can only make me half-gay.

My only response is ugh!

Well, I'm sure the closet will be well-equipped with plenty of Uggs and Under Armour and lots of hair product...;)

I think there's a need to lighten up on this. It's a great move for Brady and shows that he doesn't give a rat's ass what insecure folk think about his sexual identity. I listened to the Eisen interview and he just comes across as a guy who is secure in himself. He is definitely doing long term planning for his post-NFL life, which we hope doesn't arrive for a looong time.

Why the flame?

This post is actually very interesting and thoughtful.

I tried to position my "brand". However, I wasn't applicable beyond Slim Jims and Drano.

As long as he isn't in the "low testosterone" commercial they have above, it's OK.

Can't defend this move. Uggs are women's apparel. I don't care if they have a men's section, they're still happy. It's like when the clothing store Express opened up a men's section and tried to convince guys it was okay to wear them. SMH.

Well, I'm sure the closet will be well-equipped with plenty of Uggs and Under Armour and lots of hair product...;)

I think there's a need to lighten up on this. It's a great move for Brady and shows that he doesn't give a rat's ass what insecure folk think about his sexual identity. I listened to the Eisen interview and he just comes across as a guy who is secure in himself. He is definitely doing long term planning for his post-NFL life, which we hope doesn't arrive for a looong time.

hes scooping up more cash from a willing sponsor....why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference