PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the Texans Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, so I have to assume Texans fans are obsessed with winning out at this point? Avoiding Foxboro in January is a big, big deal.

We have the next two at home against the Colts and Vikings. Beating the Colts will be the most important since they are a divisional opponent who are breathing down our necks. They are not the same 2-14 Colts from last season.

If we have to play New England in the play-offs, I would much rather be sitting in my seats at Reliant Stadium than on my recliner in my den watching the game being played in Foxboro.

It wil be interesting to see how the Texans do against Indy next week at home. Do they come roaring back and destroy them? Or do they have their tail between their legs after taking a beating?

Time to find out what the Texans are made of. Gut check time.

The Pats had their backs against the wall earlier this season. The were 1-2 on the road in Buffalo down in the 3rd quarter before they roared back to put up 52 points and win going away. And they were 3-3 and had to go to OT against the Jets. Both were games that could have tipped the balance of their season, and neither game came easy.

If the Texans can right themselves after this kind of loss (they did after the GB loss) against a divisional rival and win out for HF advantage, it will be a big pick up for them. If not ... they may start to resemble some of the Texans teams of old.

I think this year's team is made of stronger stuff than the previous teams. But time will tell.

I feel the team will respond very well with a big win over the Colts.

VW's a tackle, not an end. Both guys are dominant, so why get into a pissing match when they don't even play the same position? Though you might want to consider the opinion of one Bill Belichick:

Bill Belichick's Post Game Press Conference Transcript :Ian's New England Patriots Blog

I wasn't trying to get in a pissing match so much as just ramped up after returning from the stadium and the one thing on my mind was how much talk Watt got all week and then to see Vince dominate the way he always does and then to see you and others in this thread still pumping Watt's tires I felt the need to chime in and mention that Vince was the best DL on that field yesterday. I expect BB to pump the other teams stars tire thats what he always does and thats what should be said, age aside I doubt BB would trade Vince for anyone.

Dude, that tagline is automatically inserted by the phone. All smartphones do it.

He didn't write it.

Oh, okay, my mistake. And I won't go "Mea Culpa" so I can sound smart while copping to an error.
I dunno, I don't even have a cellphone, let alone a smart one. Got enuff people around me in NYC as it is. Don't need 'em calling me from my pocket.
Oh, I'd just seen that "sent from my C-3po using r2d2 tippy-toe talk" for like dozens of sigs around here. I just thought it was nerds trying to one-up each other. I finally decided to bust on it.

Oh, now I learn it's the cell phone companies hyping their own product?

That's just as lame, if ya ask me.

If we were to play them in Houston next time I would think that game would be a whole lot more challenging.

They have a great team, it is one game, take a page from BB, learn from it and move on....

What I saw last night was a talented team that needed to make a statement and packed it in early when things started to snowball against them. They are far from "Patriot-like." See Wade Phillips mope around and pout and turn his back on everyone when things go wrong. I'm certainly not rooting for Houston to "recoup and get better."

LOL, Tune. Leave it to you to beat me to it. I have been wanting to post in this thread that while I appreciate nice opposing fans who come here to talk football instead of trash talk, what I saw last night was a team that was not ready for prime time. They absolutely folded after that McCourty pick. Now I will be rooting for up and coming Indy to beat them silly, not once, but twice, and I think they might be able to do it. Nothing against the Texans or their fans, just a Pats homer who wants the best for MY team! One more loss by the Texans, winning out by us, and we have the number one seed in the AFC!

I was trolling over in the Houston Chronicle, and there is an article over there about how the loss was bad, but it doesn't do anything to dim the Texan's road to the Superbowl. Huh? You suffered a confidence-killing beat down at the hands of the team that is best poised to beat you out of the number one seed, and even if they don't, you'll probably have to face them again to get to the Superbowl. That does nothing to dim your road? And yes, I do remember the Jets debacle a few years ago, and I wholeheartedly agree that one beat-down does not lead to the next. However, I for one, will NOT be cheering for the Texans from here on out. I hope they lose their last three games. Nothing personal, just homerism. Go Pats!!

Sorry to rain on the parade. Carry on, and go Pats!!

Oh, okay, my mistake. And I won't go "Mea Culpa" so I can sound smart while copping to an error.
I dunno, I don't even have a cellphone, let alone a smart one. Got enuff people around me in NYC as it is. Don't need 'em calling me from my pocket.
Oh, I'd just seen that "sent from my C-3po using r2d2 tippy-toe talk" for like dozens of sigs around here. I just thought it was nerds trying to one-up each other. I finally decided to bust on it.

Oh, now I learn it's the cell phone companies hyping their own product?

That's just as lame, if ya ask me.

"And I won't go "Mea Culpa" so I can sound smart while copping to an error."

Yes, whatever you do, don't do THAT. :D

It's a great day. Drop the hate, smile and enjoy it! No need to search for puppies to kick.

Last edited:
LOL, Tune. Leave it to you to beat me to it. I have been wanting to post in this thread that while I appreciate nice opposing fans who come here to talk football instead of trash talk, what I saw last night was a team that was not ready for prime time. They absolutely folded after that McCourty pick. Now I will be rooting for up and coming Indy to beat them silly, not once, but twice, and I think they might be able to do it. Nothing against the Texans or their fans, just a Pats homer who wants the best for MY team! One more loss by the Texans, winning out by us, and we have the number one seed in the AFC!

I was trolling over in the Houston Chronicle, and there is an article over there about how the loss was bad, but it doesn't do anything to dim the Texan's road to the Superbowl. Huh? You suffered a confidence-killing beat down at the hands of the team that is best poised to beat you out of the number one seed, and even if they don't, you'll probably have to face them again to get to the Superbowl. That does nothing to dim your road? And yes, I do remember the Jets debacle a few years ago, and I wholeheartedly agree that one beat-down does not lead to the next. However, I for one, will NOT be cheering for the Texans from here on out. I hope they lose their last three games. Nothing personal, just homerism. Go Pats!!

Sorry to rain on the parade. Carry on, and go Pats!!

Yup, this thread-long love fest with the team that might be our biggest obstacle to the Super Bowl seems sort of queer. Houston didn't need the game and played accordingly. I hope it comes back to bite them in the butt with another loss or hopefully two. :rocker:

Last edited:
Yep, so I have to assume Texans fans are obsessed with winning out at this point? Avoiding Foxboro in January is a big, big deal.

Go, um ...Colts!

That felt weird.

Man, you guys are great.

This thread is pretty much like Belichick & Brady's pressers..... spanked our young-upstart ass, then lay the compliments on.

Honestly thought the Patriots only looked good because of who they played.

Nope, they're the real deal.

It's been fun, you've been great, I hope the next time I visit this board will be under different circumstances...... like AFCCG from Reliant.

Man, you guys are great.

This thread is pretty much like Belichick & Brady's pressers..... spanked our young-upstart ass, then lay the compliments on.

Honestly thought the Patriots only looked good because of who they played.

Nope, they're the real deal.

It's been fun, you've been great, I hope the next time I visit this board will be under different circumstances...... like AFCCG from Reliant.

You guys sure are great. Let's do it again in the playoffs!

I have been posting a lot in the last 24-48 hours down there at texanstalk.com. I have found them to be very courteous and open to the Pats fan POV. They do sometimes sound like a bunch of cranky Red Sox fans, but I guess not winning will do that.

Go, um ...Colts!

That felt weird.

Even weirder ... I'm going to be rooting for the Colts and Ravens next week. I feel dirty just saying that.

Broncos vs Ravens next week. That's a meteor game if I ever knew one.

Even weirder ... I'm going to be rooting for the Colts and Ravens next week. I feel dirty just saying that.

We need to root for the Vikings and against other teams above them so they're still motivated the week after vs Houston and we need to root against the Giants for the same reason so that Baltimore and Houston are getting pushed. Denver finishes off super easy so unless Manning gets hurt this is the only one they would lose though I think they'll win.

1) I can't remember a week when we've had a more consistently knowledgeable and polite set of opposition posters. You're welcome back anytime.

2) Justin James Watt rocks! I saw BB talking to him after the game...I can only imagine how much he'd love to coach him and have him on the team.

3) The Pats knocked the Texans on their heels early; if I'm a Texans fan, I'll hope my guys learn from that. When the lights are bright and the stage is big, you can't let that happen.

4) Matt Schaub? "Meh"...great stats and Pass Rating...but I didn't see in him whatever it is that sets the best apart from the rest...at least not yet.

5) I really don't want to play these guys again...bad memories from a few years back of our December blowout of the Jets and what happened in the playoffs.

He's 31, if he doesn't have "it" yet then he almost certainly never will. That said, the Texans are good enough that they don't need for him to be that. They almost went to the AFCCG last year with TJ Yates at quarterback, after all. That offense is defined by its ground game and tight ends, and they won't frequently both be contained like they were last night.

Last edited:
(and please beat the Broncos so the Pats don't have to play them)

Texan fans, this is weird. Do not despair. Home field versus the Patriots is irrelevant. Brady is good in domes.

You also do not want home field versus the Broncos if it comes to that. Peyton Manning in the cold in Denver will drop off so much it will outweigh the altitude thing.

Well I just wanna say it's obvious we weren't ready to take that crown. You guys humbled us bigtime. Hopefully we can regroup like the last time we got thrashed and get another winning streak going. Hats off to your team, that man Brady will always have my respect.

If we meet again this season, here's hoping to a much better contest :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back