PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the Texans Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watt was the 11th pick of the first round in 2011...I'm pretty happy BB didn't draft down to try to get him....
facepalm.gif

Some people consider trading towards #1 to be trading down. :confused2:

I told you to stop talking about Ray Ray 19 like that, CT....

I've been lurking this forum all week and just wanted to say thanks to you guys for making an atmosphere of intelligent discussion on both boards. There was a lot of hype leading up to this game and I have to admit I was really excited about it even though in the grand scheme of things it wasn't one of those "must win" situations. A lot of Texans fans are are on ledges now ready to jump and I think it's a bit comical. It was a horrible game, and the Pats played as conversely well as the Texans played horribly, it was basically over in the 1st quarter because you can come back on the Lions or the Jags with that kind of deficit but unless your name is Peyton Manning you don't really have a shot at a comeback like that against the Pats.

The Pats franchise is the model for a long time successful franchise, and I know it sounds naive but i do think this team needed the wake up call that it got. It wasn't 58 to 0 but it may as well have been for how bad a game that was. Now some want to blame the refs for horrible calls, but the refs didn't fall on the ball and not scoop it in on a forced fumble, and they sure didn't throw a pick in the end zone, and they didn't stupidly play man to man on maybe the best QB in the history of the game.

At the end of the day it was just one bad game and I don't think it's indicative of any major flaws other than getting out-coached and out-executed. It happens, there has only been one team to go 16 and 0 ever and, well even that team did not win the superbowl. Time to go back, game-plan, and take out all of the anger on the Colts next week and protect that #1 seed. Hopefully we rematch in the AFCCG with a better gameplan than "ok you 10 guys just take the day off, Watt is going to play defense by himself today" and we'll see. After all, we all remember that 45 to 3 beat down the Pats laid on the Jets don't we?

Thanks for being great hosts and sorry our team didn't really show up last night. Good luck against the 49ers, and hopefully one day our franchise can emulate yours so that we're actually "in it" EVERY year.

A lot of Texans fans are are on ledges now ready to jump and I think it's a bit comical.

This is NOT the time to be on a ledge or panic.

You guys have a great team. I haven't had this much respect for another NFL franchise in a while. Stay the course. There should be no panic. Every team has days like this - the Pats have been on the other end a few times (not many, but a few), too.

Any given Sunday, but did you really have to bring up '07? An unbelievable season up until the last 2 minutes. A lifetime full of highlight reels that year and I still can't bring myself to watch and enjoy any of them. The salt still hurts and last year didn't help. Stupid G-men...

The Texans will be in the playoffs and I'm expecting (probably hoping too) to meet them in the AFCCG. I definitely don't want to face the Ravens (defense tough on Brady) or Broncos (as you said, it's Peyton Manning). If and when the Pats face the Texans again in the playoffs, you can be sure it'll be a dog fight. I just hope we didn't have the right game at the wrong time.

Good game last night. Tom Brady continues to be Tom Brady and the Pats are unbeatable at home in December. Hopefully, the Texans can rebound, become stronger and finish the regular season with 3 straight wins against the Coltsx2 and Vikings.

We enjoyed the Patriot fans that visited Houston Texans Fan Site & Message Boards - TexansTalk.com this past week. 99.9% of them came in and talked football and were very respectful.

ps. How in the world did y'all lose to the Cardinals?

ps. How in the world did y'all lose to the Cardinals?

1. It was a trap game. The Pats were looking towards the Ravens the following week, and weren't as focused as they should have been.

2. The Cardinals weren't on a 9 game losing streak. Their defense played well, and they treated the game as their Super Bowl.

3. The Cards got the benefit of a rookie mistake on a missed block for a blocked punt, a bunch of bad calls by the replacements, and a missed makeable FG that would have won the game.

Pats usually have one "stinker" a year to a team they should never lose to. Buffalo last year. Cleveland the year before. It was Arizona this year.

Nice sampling of Houston fans to go with the few resident happy Saints fans... what's in the water down there in the gulf (besides BP's oil :()?

Texans have been doing it right - drafting lots of guys that really had a lot of appeal to folks up here (Watt - of course, but also Reed & Barwin) - running the ball and committing to a system. So, the rivalry between these two teams will likely get more intense before it dies off - thanks for the positive vibes here before a few more big games bring the usual hostility and stereotyping.

1. It was a trap game. The Pats were looking towards the Ravens the following week, and weren't as focused as they should have been.

2. The Cardinals weren't on a 9 game losing streak. Their defense played well, and they treated the game as their Super Bowl.

3. The Cards got the benefit of a rookie mistake on a missed block for a blocked punt, a bunch of bad calls by the replacements, and a missed makeable FG that would have won the game.

Pats usually have one "stinker" a year to a team they should never lose to. Buffalo last year. Cleveland the year before. It was Arizona this year.

4. The Pats turned the ball over on their first snap.

5. The Pats lost Hernandez very early in the game.

Sent from my potato with red & black prongs sticking out & spliced into the phone line.
Who cares?
You remind me of one of those techies who isn't aware he's more in love with his high end stereo components than he is with the music he plays on them.

That bit of info is auto-appended, and I don't believe it's optional.

Sent from my potato with red & black prongs sticking out & spliced into the phone line.
Who cares?
You remind me of one of those techies who isn't aware he's more in love with his high end stereo components than he is with the music he plays on them.

A lot of mobile devices have that built in as a default. It sort of means "Sorry for any typos."

I only rarely drop into the football board these days but from what I've seen of Texans fans here, they're a good bunch. The regular season "big game" always looks so huge, until the playoffs come and the football gods shake the etch-a-sketch. Houston's a dangerous team, last night notwithstanding.

I agree - I had a tremendous amount of them come through my PM box after replying to the welcome PM, and it's one of the best bunch I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They're a likeable team and I wish them well the rest of the way...unless of course we see them again ;)

I agree - I had a tremendous amount of them come through my PM box after replying to the welcome PM, and it's one of the best bunch I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They're a likeable team and I wish them well the rest of the way...unless of course we see them again ;)

lol, likewise :rocker:

Here is quick review of the game from my point of view.

When playing an elite team on the road you have to play almost perfect to have a chance. Single plays early in the game have the potential to set the tone early. Two plays stand out to me.

1. Patriots driving in the 1st quarter near the goal line. Fumble! All Kareem Jackson has to do is fall on the ball and kill the drive. Instead he tries to pick up the ball and run 97 yards the other direction. Next play, 7-0 Patriots.

2. Next series. Texans driving down the field nicely. Arian Foster wide open with plenty of green in front of him. Schaub makes a huge mistake trying to hit Kevin Walter in the TD for the score and never sees the Patriots defender. I think Foster would have either scored on that play or at least got inside the 5. So instead of being 7-7, the Patriots drive down the field and make it 14-0.

Those two plays put the Texans in a terrible hole that set the tone for the rest of the game in my opinion. Hopefully, the team learns from those mistakes.

Down 14-0 on the road against a team like New England is just about impossible to overcome for any team.

After all, we all remember that 45 to 3 beat down the Pats laid on the Jets don't we?

Sadly, we do, which is why you see very little in the way of celebratory dances here today.

The scars are still fresh. I still have an uncontrollable tic.

Hell, if the Pats go 18-0 next year, we would be nervous wrecks and make no eye contact before the Super Bowl.

Sports is wonderful and there always is a next time. You guys have much to look foreward to!

Last edited:
Who cares?

Dude, that tagline is automatically inserted by the phone. All smartphones do it.

He didn't write it.

Last edited:
Tonight didn't go the Texans way, but you guys have a terrific team, and are having a great season. You have some amazing players to build around, and your team is reminiscent of the Patriots in many ways. They didn't talk trash, they don't make excuses, they're focused, they're balanced, they're professional.

What I saw last night was a talented team that needed to make a statement and packed it in early when things started to snowball against them. They are far from "Patriot-like." See Wade Phillips mope around and pout and turn his back on everyone when things go wrong. I'm certainly not rooting for Houston to "recoup and get better."

Two plays stand out to me.

1. Patriots driving in the 1st quarter near the goal line. Fumble! All Kareem Jackson has to do is fall on the ball and kill the drive. Instead he tries to pick up the ball and run 97 yards the other direction. Next play, 7-0 Patriots.

2. Next series. Texans driving down the field nicely. Arian Foster wide open with plenty of green in front of him. Schaub makes a huge mistake trying to hit Kevin Walter in the TD for the score and never sees the Patriots defender.

No question that the two plays you cited were critical, and I'd add in the defensive TO that the Pats called 3 plays into the game to make some very effective adjustments. Those first 3 plays seemed like they were from a whole different game.

When playing an elite team on the road you have to play almost perfect to have a chance....

Yep, so I have to assume Texans fans are obsessed with winning out at this point? Avoiding Foxboro in January is a big, big deal.

Yep, so I have to assume Texans fans are obsessed with winning out at this point? Avoiding Foxboro in January is a big, big deal.

It wil be interesting to see how the Texans do against Indy next week at home. Do they come roaring back and destroy them? Or do they have their tail between their legs after taking a beating?

Time to find out what the Texans are made of. Gut check time.

The Pats had their backs against the wall earlier this season. The were 1-2 on the road in Buffalo down in the 3rd quarter before they roared back to put up 52 points and win going away. And they were 3-3 and had to go to OT against the Jets. Both were games that could have tipped the balance of their season, and neither game came easy.

If the Texans can right themselves after this kind of loss (they did after the GB loss) against a divisional rival and win out for HF advantage, it will be a big pick up for them. If not ... they may start to resemble some of the Texans teams of old.

I think this year's team is made of stronger stuff than the previous teams. But time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes