PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO seemed ticked off

Status
Not open for further replies.
if thats your opinion, and you think glenn is better then owens.. your opinion now means nothing to me, cause your obviously an idiot.

Oh really??? Maybe you should pay attention to your team then.

I used this link earlier because on footballoutsiders everytime I tried to see 2006 it jumped straight to 2007 stats. Now the original site is working for me and it shows Owens ranked 8th like a previous poster said. Unlike the following link where they have all the ranks right EXCEPT for 2006...figures...

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/footballoutsiders/2006/10/25/Terrell_Owens_Number_Two_Receiver

Here is the link that is finally working for me for 2006

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2006.php

But regardless since Owens is ranked 8th and Glenn is ranked 9th in DPAR.. and Owens 28th and Glenn 11th in DVOA let me back up my position since you called me an idiot for stating FACT.

Here is the defintitions for DPAR and DVOA....DPAR means a wide receiver with more total value. DVOA means a wide receiver with more value per play.

So summerizing the "idiots" version for you the are virtually equal in DPAR for total value (27.4 to 26.6..less than a point) but for Value per play Glenn spanks Owens with 11 to 28 rating (Glenn 23% compared to 13.5%) Add to the FACT that Glenn caught a higher percentage of catchable passes thrown to him 66 to 54% and OWENS LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPS with 17...how am I an idiot for saying Glenn is better? You need to pay attention to your team more. These are facts that besides Glenn has had a great attitude in Dallas and Owens is a cancer....these stats bear out Glenn IS more valuable to the cowboys than Owens...it is you that is an idiot for spouting off with smack that you cant back up. These are FACTS...not opinions... not that yours matters because it seems you don't think yours through...

Last edited:
This is excellent. Yesterday, I was villified when I showed a story on Fox sports about WEEKLY DPAR for QB's. Manning happened to be #1 for week 5, but UNDER HIS RANKING, there is a snipet about how he has overtaken TB for the "top ranked QB".

Here it is:

One other development from this week: because of the opponent adjustments, and the fact that the Colts have played a harder schedule than the Patriots, Manning passes Tom Brady and is now our top-ranked quarterback for the season.

What are your thoughts on this system??

there is more to the game then dpar..
if you don't know how a player like TO affects the game even when he doesn't catch the ball. i stand my my intitial perception of you.

A useful tool...nothing more nothing less.

Actually the site does not have actual 2006 stats there...but double checking lets see....

considerable downward trend don't you think?

His actual 2006 rank was 61st not 6th..where did you get that from...his DPAR was 5.9!!!!

No, his DPAR in 2006, according to the very site the link send you to, was 8th, as I wrote. You have to click on 2006 twice, because the first time you do you get the current 2007 stats.

I also like how we leave out Owens stellar 2005 season??? Why oh yeah he was suspended for 4 games...soo? This system ranks you as long as you caught 50 balls and TO did...what was his 2005 rank??? 27th

I refuse to count 2005 because it was not close to a full season, and he was suspended for more than 4 games. He only played in 7 games that season.

What is his current rank in 2007????

29th

So what? The season isn't over yet.

so lets correct your post and see where TO "ranks"....KEEP IN MIND THIS RANKING SYSTEM DOES NOT COUNT DROPS AND TO HAS LED THE LEAGUE THE LAST FEW YEARS IN DROPS!

2000: 6
2001: 4
2002: 8
2003: 31
2004: 10
2005: 27
2006: 61
2007: 27

Still would like to know where you came up with he was 6th in 2006?? TO hasn't been top 10 for years. Again I must point out this system doesn't even take into account that TO DROPS more balls than ANY receiver in the entire NFL!! (this due to the fact that drops are not catorgorized play by play so they cannot score how "important" a drop is)

Again you got this wrong.

His rankings, from the earliest to the latest:
6,4,8,31,10,8. So, using an unofficial stat that people are pointing to in an attempt to discredit him shows him outside the top 10 exactly once in a full season since 2000, and that one time was, not surprisingly, during his last season in San Francisco.

People catorgorizing TO as a top 10 receiver is silly. He isn't even the #1 receiver on his team! see linked site in this post. Glenn clearly outplayed TO and wouldn't drop the ball like him.

No, people claiming he isn't a top 10 receiver are simply either holding his personality against him or don't know football.

Last edited:
WR's at Owens level:

Moss
Harrison
Chad Johnson (maybe)

That's all of them. 3 Total and you forgot to put one of them on your list. None of the others on your list are even close. It's possible that I've missed one, but I doubt it.

Not counting Ted Ginn, Jr., of course....

you forgot to say IMO! Because that is surely what you've stated. You don't have a clue where Owens ranks amongst all WR's in the league...nor do I. But at least I admit it!:eek:

I think Parcells act is old "The Player" BS..."she" (Glenn). I know it was his shtick but come on. I do think JJ had more to do with TO being there though...when JJ would make a comment he would practically apologize for TO if something he did "wrong" game or otherwise went wrong. I think that indicated pretty well TO was JJ's baby. I think Parcells did not have as much power as it seemed he had. I think it was going to become apparent that JJ was the one with the most input and that is why Parcells left to save face.

Maybe Mondays game was an abberation since I haven't watched but a few minutes on Sunday ticket of the cowboys this year besides monday...but man TO was pouting and rolling the eyes a bunch. (If the boys weren't 5-0 who would we see in TO if that is how he acts when they are undefeated yet having a crappy game...and so was he) Every time Romo F'd up they showed TO and he was playing his stupid game..that was until HE F'd up and dropped several passed then it was just slap the hands together "we will get them next time" TO BS.

I don't think he has changed at all he is waiting to pounce. Just wait it will happen.

Glenn is the key for you guys he is far and away your best receiver. With the problem being his knee though I don't think he will help much this year. Glenn while very talented I don't think is a play through pain type...so I think best case you get 75% Terry this year..which still makes him the best WR you have IMO.

He was right, you are an idiot. I like T.O. and think he is a great receiver, glenn is not and has never been a great receiver, he's been a good reciver. T.O. is the best receiver on the cowboys, glenn has better hands as does crayton, but neither has TO's game breaking ability. And yeah it's easy to say TO is average when he drops a couple of passes in a game (which is stupid because even if he drops 2 passes per game all season you can't judge someone's career per game) but when TO had an incredible game against the bears (8 catches, 145 yards) no one said anything, he didn't even get credit for making clutch 3rd down catches that ultimately led to tds, but romo got credit. Romo led the team, he played great. TO got no credit but whenever he drops a couple of passes in a game the media, cowboys fans, and nfl fans say "glenn is they're best receiver, he's the one they need." :rofl: T.O. has over a 100 tds and is one of the greatest receivers of all time and will be in the HOF when his career is over, glenn won't. "Glenn is better" :wha: You sound like merill hoge. LOL I'll show you how good T.O. is, before he came to the cowboys were people saying they were superbowl contenders? Um, no. Nobody even spoke about it and I believe they had romo and glenn. But as soon as TO came they became superbowl contenders and went to the playoffs, they lost because of tony "butter fingers" romo not because of TO's "drops." Now this year they are 5-0 because T.O. has played a big part in their success, if TO was hurt and glenn was healthy the cowboys would be 2-2. Guaranteed. So know you know who's better, so you can go hide now.

you forgot to say IMO! Because that is surely what you've stated. You don't have a clue where Owens ranks amongst all WR's in the league...nor do I. But at least I admit it!:eek:

Why don't we go see what a guy named Mr Champ Bailey thinks. You think he might be qualified to speak on this subject?

Denver's Champ Bailey, the best cornerback in the NFL, regards Randy Moss and Terrell Owens as two of the top six wide receivers he has covered

Per Champ Bailey:

SPEED/QUICKNESS
Edge: Owens

ROUTE RUNNING
Edge: Moss

CATCHING THE BALL
Edge: Moss

RUNNING AFTER THE CATCH

BREAKING PRESS COVERAGE
Edge: Even

BLOCKING

I count three categories for Owens, two for Moss and one even.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick