PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO seemed ticked off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kidding. You WAY OVER RATE TO. Fitzgerald and Bolden SMOKE Owens by a long shot in talent, dependibility and as team mates. TO's act alone downgrades anything he does on the field. Did you see him pouting half the time last night? Way to go team mate!!!

Randy Moss
TJ Housmazilli
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson

All EASILY better than TO. Ok Holt you say no longer but what are you basing TO's performance on? He has led the league in DROPS the last few years...kind of important that a receiver holds onto the ball.

The Cards have no running game have normally had poor pass protection and their receivers always get double coverage due to the piss poor running game. If you have EVER scene a Cards game (which you apparently never have, yet spout off with all knowing football knowledge) You would know these guys make the Cards QBs look good by grabbing and HOLDING ONTO the ball if it is in the same zip code and are tough as nails. They do this on a totally inept team yet TO is better??? Please....

Oh I loved reading jerry Jones lips last night after TO dropped the 2 point conversion last night. They panned to the owners booth and Jerry is saying "He dropped it? He dropped it? G*ddammit!" Shame he got bailed out by the rest of his team as he dropped several game clinchers last night...but he is one of the best right? NONE of the receivers on this list DROP passes like TO...NONE.

i would take hines ward over TO anyday .

i would take hines ward over TO anyday .

I really can't stand Ward. Defintitely better than TO for any team but couldn't add him to the list. I was only mentioning receivers I KNOW are much better than TO and virtually every team in the NFL would take the receivers posted by AAB that I agreed with...so add "my" list and Steve Smith, Holt and Ward (since I can't stand Tj whosyourmomma and I included him so Ward gets a pass) Those are the easy ones in talent alone. That doesn't even count the TO herpes that To brings to a team. Thats 10 and I am not even considering the others on the list that I cannot claim I have seen enough of or cannot say 100% they are better than TO.

Seriously How can someone who leads the league in drops be considered a top 10 receiver by anyone??

I really can't stand Ward. Defintitely better than TO for any team but couldn't add him to the list. I was only mentioning receivers I KNOW are much better than TO and virtually every team in the NFL would take the receivers posted by AAB that I agreed with...so add "my" list and Steve Smith, Holt and Ward (since I can't stand Tj whosyourmomma and I included him so Ward gets a pass) Those are the easy ones in talent alone. That doesn't even count the TO herpes that To brings to a team. Thats 10 and I am not even considering the others on the list that I cannot claim I have seen enough of or cannot say 100% they are better than TO.

Seriously How can someone who leads the league in drops be considered a top 10 receiver by anyone??

how about the multiposition player ......troy brown.

how about the multiposition player ......troy brown.

Oh there are many, many receivers I would want on my team before TO...in fact while I do think that To has a lot of talent I wouldn't take him on my team for the Vet minimum. It think his drops along with his pouting and other antics far outweigh anything he is capable of doing on the field.

I was trying to keep it in the context of WR above his talent level. If opened up I would take Gates, Watson and several others if you included TEs as "receivers". If you want to open it up to who do you throw the 4th down last second ball to to win the game (being that the receiver needs to get open on his talent, get to the ball on his talent and HOLD onto the ball with his talent...in other words the receiver who will MAKE THE CATCH!...To is Waaaaaay down that list) Troy would be way up on that list....

Just showed on ESPN, he seemed ticked off when asked about facing the best team in football , responded-"best team in football ?both teams are 5-0"
Went on to say "we will play the way we are capable of playing, no one will come and dictate us the way we play"

I don't think so, Butterfingers. The Patriots definitely will dictate Sunday, on both sides of the ball.

No, you simply have a woody for an overpaid underachieving wideout. Truth is that TO hasnt ranked in the top ten in the past 3 years. And for good reason...he talks the talk but rarely walks the walk.

So, "whos the bestest" is relevant only in that sense. Now, I'll admit that some of those Wrs were less productive, but as football players...Id still take S Moss over that slug TO. You dont see Branch with TO alligator arms.

I don't "have a woody" for Owens. I don't like him at all. However, that doesn't mean that I should ignore his talent. As for Branch, you frequently don't see him at all. In 12 seasons, Owens has only missed 9 games, other than his 'suspension' games in Philly. Mr. Branch has played half as many seasons and will certainly far exceed that number if he lasts as long. Owens is vastly superior to most of the players you listed. That superiority is, in fact, why teams keep taking chances on him.

let me sum anything TO has said, says or will say. He is not a team player, he is selfish, he would rather win the MVP of the Superbowl than the Superbowl.

Dallas please clone him and take 3 TO's, you would still lose. He is a nobody. He is a non-factor, and on Sunday he and his teammates are going to be reminded who the best team in football is.

NE is p!ssed off about their performance last week and as dominate as they were in the first five games, they are going to be every bit as dominant and more this Sunday.

TO, you and your words are really getting old....sorry....and brace yourself to get railroaded this week by the best team in football...

Like it or not, the Boys will always be America's Team. Not NE, not the Colts, The Boys. Sucks, doesn't it?

So, like even if they were like not in america anymore, and like they were like in outerspace, or in like bolivia, or like idaho, or something, then they wouldn't even be in like america, so would they still be like america's team man?

Right?

I mean, right?

Just showed on ESPN, he seemed ticked off when asked about facing the best team in football , responded-"best team in football ?both teams are 5-0"
Went on to say "we will play the way we are capable of playing, no one will come and dictate us the way we play"

Lot of 'disrespect' being thrown around on dallas by consistently calling the pats the best and they are eating it up.
Man i loved the days when no one gave us a chance. This is new territory to handle :confused:
Good! The more ticked off he is, then the more of a cancer he is in his locker room! T.O. does not have the brain capacity to know when enough is enough and to simply shut the **** up!

Your kidding. You WAY OVER RATE TO. Fitzgerald and Bolden SMOKE Owens by a long shot in talent, dependibility and as team mates. TO's act alone downgrades anything he does on the field. Did you see him pouting half the time last night? Way to go team mate!!!

Randy Moss
TJ Housmazilli
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson

All EASILY better than TO. Ok Holt you say no longer but what are you basing TO's performance on? He has led the league in DROPS the last few years...kind of important that a receiver holds onto the ball.

The Cards have no running game have normally had poor pass protection and their receivers always get double coverage due to the piss poor running game. If you have EVER scene a Cards game (which you apparently never have, yet spout off with all knowing football knowledge) You would know these guys make the Cards QBs look good by grabbing and HOLDING ONTO the ball if it is in the same zip code and are tough as nails. They do this on a totally inept team yet TO is better??? Please....

Oh I loved reading jerry Jones lips last night after TO dropped the 2 point conversion last night. They panned to the owners booth and Jerry is saying "He dropped it? He dropped it? G*ddammit!" Shame he got bailed out by the rest of his team as he dropped several game clinchers last night...but he is one of the best right? NONE of the receivers on this list DROP passes like TO...NONE.

I'll take 2005 out of the equation for Owens and add one earlier one to even out numbers because that was Owens' "suspension" year with Philly:

Chad Johnson in his 4 best seasons:
90,95,97,87 catches and 10,9,9,7 touchdowns

T.J. only has 3 "best" seasons, to be fair:
73,78,90 catches and 4,7,9 touchdowns

Reggie Wayne:
68,77,83,86 catches and 7,12,5,9 touchdowns

Andre Johnson:
66,79,63,103 catches and 4,6,2,5 touchdowns

Owens' last 4 full seasons (not necessarily his best):
100,80,77,85 catches and 13,9,14,13 touchdowns

Wayne and T.J. don't even line up as their teams' #1 receiver with the commensurate #1 coverages, and their numbers still aren't close, although Wayne is closer than T.J. and has quite possibly been the league's best #2 receiver over the past 3 seasons. And all these numbers match these other receivers BEST seasons against Owens' LAST seasons, which were not all among his best 4.

People like to equate their opinion of a player's "character" with their opinion of his talent. Well, I'm sorry, but that doesn't work with Owens. He is one of the top 2-5 receivers in the NFL, and the dropoff from there is precipitous.

Last edited:
Deus

Check out TO's ranking on this page http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2005.php

Only once doees he seem to be in the top 10. Now figures lie and liars figure...so stats don't mean much. No doubt TO is dangerous....when he catches the ball.

Last edited:
Deus

Check out TO's ranking on this page http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2005.php

Only once doees he seem to be in the top 10. Now figures lie and liars figure...so stats don't mean much. No doubt TO is dangerous....when he catches the ball.

Add to the fact that this "system" does not include DROPPED PASSES which TO HAS LED THE LEAGUE in the last few years. If it did he would drop like a stone....or like a ball thrown to him much of the time...

I wonder what people that are making comments about TO's character and him being a cancer had to say about Moss at this time last year?

Last edited:
Deus

Again, not his best seasons, just his last 4 'full' seasons. I will not use 2005, since that was the 'suspension' season, and was incomplete for reason other than injury.

Also, using your page, let's look at their first 'compiled' ranking system (going from left to right), DPAR.

DPAR rank in 2006: 8
2004: 10
2003: 31
2002: 8
2001: 4
2000: 6

All but one of those put him in the top 10, not all but one leaving him out of the top 10.

Again, not his best seasons, just his last 4 'full' seasons. I will not use 2005, since that was the 'suspension' season, and was incomplete for reason other than injury.

Also, using your page, let's look at their first 'compiled' ranking system (going from left to right), DPAR.

DPAR rank in 2006: 8
2004: 10
2003: 31
2002: 8
2001: 4
2000: 6

All but one of those put him in the top 10, not all but one leaving him out of the top 10.
Ummm, is DPAR rank part of Football Insiders??

Am I seeing people saying WRs like Hines Ward are better than Terrell Owens? That's just delusional.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back