PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket price increase [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticket price increase

I could care less ... high definition for me is good enough.

Good for you.

Just never make a comment about the lack of crowd noise at Gillette. Deal?

Good for you.

Just never make a comment about the lack of crowd noise at Gillette. Deal?

I never have ... no need for a deal.

The funny thing is even if you don't have season tickets the NFL still finds a way to stick it to you with Exclusive Rights Agreements, the NFL Network and Directv.

I never have ... no need for a deal.

It's all good.

I don't post here much so I don't know the names of the posters who ***** about the lack of crowd noise at Gillette but I have read their posts.

For all the people who want season tickets this is your time.

It's a private business, they can do what they want. I personally don't consider it "sticking it to me" if they raise ticket prices or put games on NFL Network or whatever. If I did, I'd stop buying the product. I don't think it's nice when folks get priced out, but the laws of supply and demand dictate that prices will only go down when the popularity of the team/game/league decreases enough to affect the league's bottom line.

I'm sure that I am not the only season ticket holder who will be asking his or her family and friends if they want to take over the tickets. I am just not sure that seeing the 2008 home schedule is worth what it will cost me.

I'm different. I go to the games to see and support the Patriots. I don't care who they're playing.

Last edited:
$169

I had season tix before you bought the Pats.

You pushed all of us across Route 1 to Park in P10. Thats unacceptable. Enjoy your Mall.

I will never go back to Foxboro. I love the Pats but hate you with a passion.

GFY Bob, GFY.

Re: $169

You pushed all of us across Route 1 to Park in P10. Thats unacceptable. Enjoy your Mall.

GFY Bob, GFY.
Yeah but you really shouldn't blame Bob Kraft... the people you should be mad at are the consumers within the marketplace who are willing to pay those prices... in otherwords, people like me who are on the waiting list who will be plenty happy to take your place...

Seriously... if you had a widget for sale and someone offered you $100 and someone else offered you $150, who you going to sell it to..? Are you greedy for taking the $150...? Is the person who offered you $100 justified in hating you "with a passion" because you took the $150..?

Last edited:

Come on, this is pretty basic economics. Would I like if only people who truly loved the Pats got to go to games, regardless of their money? Yes, but we live in the real world

Come on, this is pretty basic economics. Would I like if only people who truly loved the Pats got to go to games, regardless of their money? Yes, but we live in the real world

How old are you?

Ouch. You should try not to take it so personally. Do you spend any money on Pats merchandise? If the extra couple hundred dollars per seat per year bothered me so much, I'd just cut my Pats spending elsewhere. It seems like you're really just pnishing yourself here. Kraft doesn't care if he sells that seat to you or one of the tens of thousands on the waiting list. And why should he?

Ouch. You should try not to take it so personally. Do you spend any money on Pats merchandise? If the extra couple hundred dollars per seat per year bothered me so much, I'd just cut my Pats spending elsewhere. It seems like you're really just pnishing yourself here. Kraft doesn't care if he sells that seat to you or one of the tens of thousands on the waiting list. And why should he?
:agree: :ditto: :agree:

GFY Bob, GFY.

Yes, Bob is a big jerk. You should get Season Tickets to the Rams, because if it wasn't for that jerk Kraft, they would be the St Louis Patriots. You can pretend the Rams are the Patriots...and conveniently enough, the Rams suck, too! It'll be like Kraft never bought the team, you can watch a sucky team located in St Louis.

Last edited:

Yes, Bob is a big jerk. You should get Season Tickets to the Rams, because if it wasn't for that jerk Kraft, they would be the St Louis Patriots. You can pretend the Rams are the Patriots...and conveniently enough, the Rams suck, too! It'll be like Kraft never bought the team, you can watch a sucky team located in St Louis.

I'm going to guess that you have never received a season ticket invoice in the mail.

BTW: Does Hartford ring a bell?

I know the history of the Pats.

My solution to this greedy owner is pick 4 games to go to and sell the other 6 for 2 or 3 times the face value. As a manager of a company, always let the s*** slide down hill :)

I'm going to guess that you have never received a season ticket invoice in the mail.

If he hasn't, then he's not as lucky as you are. Oh boohoo, you only got to be a season ticket holder for 15 years before voluntarily giving them up. What a tragedy. Doesn't Kraft know that he's making you decide to give up your birth right? I'm sure all the people living in shanty towns in India are going to be very empathetic when they hear about your terrible situation.

Although there are going to be some thrilled people when they learn that some season ticket holders do not renew, thereby allowing THEM to become season ticket holders.

BTW: Does Hartford ring a bell?

I know the history of the Pats.

They should be ashamed of themselves for raising prices after that choke job in SB 42. They are doing you a favor. You'll save some money and spend more time with your family.

every sports owner is a business man. that is what the nfl is, a huge business. kraft spent his own money on a 300 plus million dollar stadium. not the taxpayers.

My solution to this greedy owner is pick 4 games to go to and sell the other 6 for 2 or 3 times the face value. As a manager of a company, always let the s*** slide down hill :)

Or if you are really pissed sell all the games at 2-3 times face value. If Kraft can be a businessman so can you.

Last edited:

hey man, sorry you feel that way, but i'll gladly take your tix. granted, i would have to work 4 jobs to afford airfare, and hotel rooms, but hell yeah!! i will say that it does seem like a huge increase, and obviously the rich non-yelling fans wont care, but someday i'll move back to n.e., and i wont care what i pay for season tix. any price would be worth it for me to take my dad to see the team that he took me to see, every sunday back in the 70's. right now, we can only go to one game a year, so a full season would be a dream come true. just my 2 cents:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News