Welcome to PatsFans.com

CLINT SINTIM - Pats player

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by KillEM, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillEM

KillEM Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

6'3 - 255lbs. Plays in a 3-4 defense in College. Belicheck will love that fact that he's experienced as a 34 OLB and has ideal size for the position.

ESPN ranks him as the 25th Overall Senior in the Draft. Considering this rating was done a while ago, his Pass Rushing should probably be a 1 right now.

Should be there by our pick in the 18-25 range. Could even be there at our 2nd round pick if the Chargers really tank.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

YES. Excels as a pass-rusher out of the 3-4, coached by Al Groh. A very good player on a so-so team, which may keep his draft stock down a bit. If they could get him in the second, that would be awesome.

3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 92 / -69

#50 Jersey

How many Al Groh coached players have the Pats drafted?

4. BritPat

BritPat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +378 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

Whilst not meaning to seem like I'm repeating others, or cause a stir - how many times had Bill drafted a linebacker on the first day?

I haven't seen Sintim, and I know little about him, but what I do know is never rule anything out with this organisation and it's drafting strategies and ideas.

5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +94 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

His game reminds me of Crable, onlyhe has a little more sand in his pants.

I am not convinced he is the pass rush demon we need off the edge. And I would need to see him run a decent time in the post season to really feel comfortable drafting him, but not in the first round.

The ILB for Virginia, Applesby, is another intriguing prospect. Depending on his character and how he runs at the combine, I could see us taking him in the 3rd or 4th round.

6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 92 / -69

#50 Jersey

There was a thread recently where I listed out all the players that the Patriots drafted and whether or not they had played FOR or AGAINST a coach that BB trusts. I was actually quite surprised at the results. I think I found that BB actually drafts more players that the coaches he trusts have played against than the ones that have played for those coaches.

The list was rather extensive and I was very surprised at it, honestly. I'll have to see if I can't dig it up tomorrow.

There are trends that BB has broken (like drafting juniors, which he did with Wilfork), and taking a 1st round O-lineman and a 1st round ILB. But, guys like Mankins and Mayo are the anomolies right now.

Could the Pats draft Sintim? Sure. But the odds are against it.

7. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -4

It depends on many factors. The Pats have multiple guys they like in the first round. Some more than others. But there will be quite a few players taken ahead of them. So whoever trickles down and who they like more will become who they pick. The Pats might move up for someone they especially like, but they'll need a willing trade partner to do so.

8. KillEM

KillEM Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Who would they like more at OLB/DE ???

Orakpo will be a top 10 pick. Maybe even higher. Selvie will be gone before our pick. And he's smaller than our ILBs. Both guys would be projects considering they play DE (where is Gholston this year?)

9. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +94 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

There is no true pass rushing demon for a 3-4 OLB in this draft. Nothing close to a Merriman or Ware.
    However there is talent at the DE spot on 4-3 defenses and even though BB is not a strong proponent of projecting players into different spots then they played in college, there are a couple of players that could become the next BB projection, ala Mankins.

The DE from Penn State that is near the lead in the nation in sacks could be a viable option and the DE from Northern Illinios, Larry English is another. He was the MAC player of the year last season as a sophomore and is too small to play DE full time in a pro 4-3, unless you have someone that can help him on running plays.

10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

yes and no.....he sounds good, but the way the pats implement the 3-4, they need OLB's who have the ability to put their hand down and be a DE.....the problem I have with him is that if he's not putting his hand down in college, I doubt he will be all that good at it in the pros......but who knows....

one very interesting prospect is Memphis DE Clinton McDonald......6'3"/285 and runs a 4.7/40.......could be a hybrid DE on passing downs and a body that can be moved around on 1st and 2nd downs........could be a find in day 2

11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

that could be another phantom pattern ........ much like BB never drafts OL's in the first round until mankins or BB never drafts RBs in the first round until maroney or LB's until mayo........I just think that more of it has to do with positions in college not translating to pros.......how many college 3-4 LB's play for the pats? in fact nobody on the pats front 7 played 3-4 in college

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.