PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket price increase [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticket price increase

As long as people continue to pay for scalped tickets and people/agencies who hold them sell them for those prices, they can increase the price of tickets without concern. The only time it matters is when they can't sell out of games. That will either come with a few ****ty seasons or they price themselves out of the market.

per game?

there are 81, 41 and 41 games at home for those

Just check out Bruins tickets. $50 to $150.

The fact that the Patriots play only 16 games means they have to charge more than Hockey.

Last edited:

IN 1961 i paid $52.00 for season ticket

no ten cents
plus i only made $60.00 a week
and oil was 15 cents a gallon

Lower Level Sideline -- $169
Lower Level Corner/End Zone -- $117
Mezzanine Level Corner/End Zone -- $117
Upper Level Sideline -- $89
Upper Level Corner (Rows 1-7) -- $89
Upper Level Corner (Rows 8-26) -- $65
Standing Room -- $49

Did not see it posted, per Reiss.
Nice timing.

What a greedy bunch of MF'ers. I hope nobody goes. You'll never catch me donating a penny to that cause. $169 for a ticket, all so you can then pay $50-60 to park, and $8 for a beer.
84133.gif
When did Gordon Gecko & Montgomery Burns start working for the Pats?

Like Vrabes said a few weeks ago at the rally, the die-hards are slowly getting priced out of the stadium. It is not just the Pats it is all the teams, The Sox, B's, C's are all way too expensive for the average person to go to a game, esp if it is a family event.:confused:

It's all about the money. Why would they build a huge shopping mall where fans used to park? It's not about the average fan, it's about making money. And they are very good at it.

I think they are leasing the land to the retailers? I think Bass Pro Shops etc. put up their own money to build most of PP. Maybe Kraft paid for the smaller shops and will obviously be leasing them out.

Going to have a talk with my Dad about the seats. I'm not sure if we want to pony up for another season.

When are invoices due?

Like Vrabes said a few weeks ago at the rally, the die-hards are slowly getting priced out of the stadium. It is not just the Pats it is all the teams, The Sox, B's, C's are all way too expensive for the average person to go to a game, esp if it is a family event.:confused:

Yeah but Vrabes didn't say he would press the PA to force the players to take less money.

The salary cap will be going up from $80 to $160 million in less than one decade. 2004-2014.

Yeah but Vrabes didn't say he would press the PA to force the players to take less money.

The salary cap will be going up from $80 to $160 million in less than one decade. 2004-2014.

Lets face it taking your family to a game is slowly becoming an almost once in a lifetime event, like going to disney or something. At least they are not charging for training camp like some other teams do.. (at least not yet)
:-/

Lets face it taking your family to a game is slowly becoming an almost once in a lifetime event, like going to disney or something. At least they are not charging for training camp like some other teams do.. (at least not yet)

Doh! U gave Mr. Kraft an idea. I can see it now: "test your scout team skills & become tackling dummies for our coverage teams in training camp for only $$!"

Football just is not a family event anymore (if it ever was in the first place). I gotta tell ya... even if we ignore the cost, I don't think I would ever want to bring a kid to an NFL game...

Football just is not a family event anymore (if it ever was in the first place). I gotta tell ya... even if we ignore the cost, I don't think I would ever want to bring a kid to an NFL game...
Why not? Kids like sports too. Just because there are alcoholics and people cursing doesnt mean the kid shouldnt go.

Doesnt matter to me or my dad's wallet, every time I go they lose :(
Hah i just went to a Chargers game a couple years ago and a practice lol

The NFL is going to price itself right out of existence. The Bucs also raised ticket prices 30% on the lower level sideline this year. From $76 to $99 (keep in mind people make less money down here).

Why not? Kids like sports too. Just because there are alcoholics and people cursing doesnt mean the kid shouldnt go.
Well you can do what you want with your kids and I'll do what I want with mine... but I would have a hard time bringing someone under 13 to an NFL game these days (even ignoring the cost factor)...

Last edited:

The NFL is going to price itself right out of existence. The Bucs also raised ticket prices 30% on the lower level sideline this year. From $76 to $99 (keep in mind people make less money down here).
Just a hunch, but I think NFL teams are sick of charging $75 for their tickets and seeing them be resold on eBay for $100... I am well established as being someone that supports legalized scalping, but I also have no problem with the teams themselves raising prices up to what the market will bear, thus making the scalpers unneccessary.

I also have no problem with the teams themselves raising prices up to what the market will bear, thus making the scalpers unneccessary.

That's twisted logic if ever I heard it. So we're letting scalpers set the standard for season ticket prices now?

Last edited:

That's twisted logic if ever I heard it. So we're letting scalpers set the standard for season ticket prices now?
Like it or not, scalpers do a great job of showing what the market will bear for these tickets. The buying public are the ones setting the standard for season ticket prices.

Suppose you made 100,000 widgets this year and sold them all for $10 each. Then you saw many of your widgets easily being sold on line for $20 each. How much you going to charge for your widgets next year...? You going to keep it at $10 or are you going to raise prices a bit...? I think we both know the answer to that...

Last edited:

That is the market for single game purchasers. Not necessarily people willing to buy 10 games every single year. At some point, there is a good will loss amongst current season ticket holders and you could lose them for good. Your base, so to speak. They may give it up and find a new game day experience of watching a game at home isn't so bad after 20 years or whatever of going.

Whatever, there is a breaking point. They want to stake their bets on the Johnny come latelys during an undefeated season? Well, we'll see how that works in the long term.

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back