PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Footbal: G.B. vs N.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Stupid final play call. No short yardage game for the Saints tonight at all-- gotta trust Brees to throw it there.

Last edited:
Wow.. Ingram never hit that with any intensity at all.

nice first round pick. cant get one yard when you need it

Damn, crazy finish!

We now own the #1 overall pick in 2012

Does anybody know the exact rule there... Should it be a TB or is the play dead right when his knee hits?

Play dead by ground contact applies only to offense. To prevent a touchback, no parts of his body may contact the goal line at all.

Granted that playing from behind takes the ball out of the RBs' hands, but Ingram's line in his debut: 13 carries, 40 yds, 0 receptions.

It ws a good call. Hawk bowled over Sproles diving for that INT.

on replay I thought Hawk was going for the ball...that's a gutsy call to make at Lambeau

strange bad callls by payton. shouldve bootlegged brees...everyone on GB jumped over the LOS. was so predicitable

Good to know that this crazy offseason hasn't affected NFL football. It's back for real. What a great start to the season!

Notwithstanding the last play...

WHAT A GAME. What an AMAZING return for the NFL.

what a stupid play call...dumb..PA

78 rushing yards all night and they decide to run the power I on the game deciding play.

:confused:

rats Id be happier with sproles catching that ball then the penalty. Not sure if we could have made the 2pt, but the sproles pass was a sure TD, aaaw well thats football.

Last edited:
78 rushing yards all night and they decide to run the power I on the game deciding play.

:confused:

I don't think it was a power I play. I didn't see the backside OG pull in for the lead up.

on replay I thought Hawk was going for the ball...that's a gutsy call to make at Lambeau

I actually thought the ball hit Hawk as he was diving over Sproles; maybe I had a bad angle.

Can't believe the final call by Payton — a straight run like that. Maybe he just figured that's the way a game like this should end, mano a mano.

I don't think it was a power I play. I didn't see the backside OG pull in for the lead up.

Yeah you right, its was one of our trick plays to pull the LBs so the RB has to make it on his own.

rats Id be happier with sproles catching that ball then the penalty. Not sure if we could have made the 2pt, but the sproles pass was a sure TD, aaaw well thats football.

You have to be happy with the way your offense performed against one of the best defenses in the NFL, though. On the same token, you have to be worried about the way your defense played as well.

Play dead by ground contact applies only to offense. To prevent a touchback, no parts of his body may contact the goal line at all.

Thanks for the clarification. I had a feeling that's how it was for special teams plays.

Agreed with everyone on the play call for the final play, horrendous.

There does seem to be something about the Patriots' offense that makes it hard to project WR success. Did you read the interview with Torry Holt where he tried to explain what Ocho is up against trying to acclimatize to it?

I didnt, do you have a link to it?

And for the record, I was pimping Randall "Tex" Cobb, from the beginning, I think he's going to become a nasty piece of the GB offense, I fear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes