PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Footbal: G.B. vs N.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt, do you have a link to it?

And for the record, I was pimping Randall "Tex" Cobb, from the beginning, I think he's going to become a nasty piece of the GB offense, I fear them.

I posted a link earlier in this thread, too sleepy too refind it now!

But I did like Cobb in the draft as well. I just think it's funny that every good player drafted by any one of the other 31 teams is taken as a black mark against the Patriots, who "missed" on him! They're not going to get every single talented player! And slot receiver was hardly at the top of the offseason needs list.

Notwithstanding the last play...

WHAT A GAME. What an AMAZING return for the NFL.

This was a fantastic game! If Brees had a little more time I think he would've made GB pay. These 2 teams might play each other again in the playoffs. Hopefully it's in New Orleans. We'll know that the Saints wouldn't want to go to Lambeau field in January.

if Brees ran a bootleg on that last play, he would have scored!

Quick Thoughts:

- Shouldn't Rodgers win his division once before getting his bust in Canton?

- This game answered the question about why the Pats seem to collect solid ST cover guys. Yikes.

- Patrick Robinson was the one guy I was TERRIFIED that the Pats would draft. My toaster doesn't have a setting high enough to demonstrate how bad he is in coverage.

- As much as I like seeing the Saints rack up a draft-affecting loss, looking at their schedule it is hard to see too many more assuming they stay healthy.

- Speaking of schedule, the Giants' injuries and questionable roster moves combined with the Manning injury sure changes the complexion of the Pats' post-bye stretch. What once looked like a killer looks a lot more manageable now.

You have to be happy with the way your offense performed against one of the best defenses in the NFL, though. On the same token, you have to be worried about the way your defense played as well.

yeah, we did very well on the offense side. SP called the game well, but tried to many trick plays at critical 4th downs. Brees was on, but needs to throw the ball aways sometimes. Sproles is definitely an improvement over Bush.
Ive said it before but P Thomas is one of the best RB in the NFL. Moore would have made a big difference.

Defense omg, Rogers picked on our rookie robinson all day, never saw robinson once in good position before the hike. His coverage was horrible and fans here are starting to nickname him "passing lane". GB ran against Will Smiths side most of the time successfully. Having WS there would have helped. Packers are not a good run team, but brilliant at passing. If you can't stop them from running the ball you have a real problem on your hands.
Malcom Jenkins and vilma and greer played pretty well, but the Defense didn't play well at all.

especially sense the GB OL is not that good at like #19 I think.
Not sure what is wrong on defense, we were ranked #7 last year and I thought we turned a corner, but the seahawks game, and now this one, really has
our fans scratching our heads.

Last edited:
Aaron rodgers is absolutley PERFECT.

Quick Thoughts:

- This game answered the question about why the Pats seem to collect solid ST cover guys. Yikes.

- Patrick Robinson was the one guy I was TERRIFIED that the Pats would draft. My toaster doesn't have a setting high enough to demonstrate how bad he is in coverage.

- As much as I like seeing the Saints rack up a draft-affecting loss, looking at their schedule it is hard to see too many more assuming they stay healthy.

- Speaking of schedule, the Giants' injuries and questionable roster moves combined with the Manning injury sure changes the complexion of the Pats' post-bye stretch. What once looked like a killer looks a lot more manageable now.

Play offs, PLAY OFFS, are you talking about PLAY OFFS, i mean PLAY OFFS, we haven't even played our first game of the season

Last edited:
This was a fantastic game! If Brees had a little more time I think he would've made GB pay. These 2 teams might play each other again in the playoffs. Hopefully it's in New Orleans. We'll know that the Saints wouldn't want to go to Lambeau field in January.

lol, me to, we can't beat anyone at Lambeau in January, and we need to get to the Super Bowl this year because next year is in NY in January, and we can't win that game either, I don't think.

God please speed up global warming so my Saints can play anywhere in January, Amen.

Last edited:
My postgame thoughts are the same as my pregame thoughts on these two teams. Glad we face neither before February... If the Packers can stay healthy and motivated and don't let success get to their heads, they will be poised to repeat. Rogers postgame hints he's a bit of a jerk. Bedard knows him well and says he's got rabbit ears. McCarthy seems like such a no nonsense football coach. Still something about Payton's persona that grates - he oozes that I'm smarter than the rest of you ego and then screws the playcalling pooch on the easy ones.

That PI was BS. Both were going for the ball and any contact was incidental. Looked to me like Hawk's hand hit the ball before his arm even contacted the WR too. The goal line stop was poetic justice.

Bush for Sproles, every day and twice on Sunday... How foolishly cheap are the Superfrauds...

My postgame thoughts are the same as my pregame thoughts on these two teams. Glad we face neither before February... If the Packers can stay healthy and motivated and don't let success get to their heads, they will be poised to repeat. Rogers postgame hints he's a bit of a jerk. Bedard knows him well and says he's got rabbit ears. McCarthy seems like such a no nonsense football coach. Still something about Payton's persona that grates - he oozes that I'm smarter than the rest of you ego and then screws the playcalling pooch on the easy ones.

That PI was BS. Both were going for the ball and any contact was incidental. Looked to me like Hawk's hand hit the ball before his arm even contacted the WR too. The goal line stop was poetic justice.

Bush for Sproles, every day and twice on Sunday... How foolishly cheap are the Superfrauds...

I think you have and active imagination in regards to the PI call, and SP, hehe
but I respect the opinion.
Heres a fun fan video on the game

New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers game tests relationships outside Lambeau Field - Video | NOLA.com

Last edited:
Some thoughts

Was this a really good game? (Because of the O) or a really bad game because of the D?

I like Drew Brees, was pulling for him to win that one.

Something about Rodgers is just off to me. I dont know what it is, I know he is a good qb, but something about him I dont really like. Its not like a Sanchez dislike. Just a little something off.

When you are on the 7, and you have 4th and less than 1, and you dont get it..is the reason why you lose games.

I posted a link earlier in this thread, too sleepy too refind it now!

But I did like Cobb in the draft as well. I just think it's funny that every good player drafted by any one of the other 31 teams is taken as a black mark against the Patriots, who "missed" on him! They're not going to get every single talented player! And slot receiver was hardly at the top of the offseason needs list.

I found the link, thanks. That should make for some interesting lunchtime reading.

I’m not going to eat BB’s lunch for not taking Cobb, I wanted him in the 2nd but I also wanted Rodney Hudson, Justin Houston, and Shane Vereen. My plan was to trade #17 back and stock up picks in the 2nd-4th round, you never know how trades can ripple out and effect everything else so I’m relatively content with Cobb’s fate. But still, if he can play well when split wide it’s tough to let a guy that talented and multi-faceted, slip sway.

Some thoughts

Was this a really good game? (Because of the O) or a really bad game because of the D?

I like Drew Brees, was pulling for him to win that one.

Something about Rodgers is just off to me. I dont know what it is, I know he is a good qb, but something about him I dont really like. Its not like a Sanchez dislike. Just a little something off.

When you are on the 7, and you have 4th and less than 1, and you dont get it..is the reason why you lose games.

To talk more about Rodgers..I dont think so much its him, I think its fans/media. He comes off as ****y at times, and that ok..but could you imagin if Brady acted like that? The uproar would be insane if Brady did that championship belt thing all season, and then held up a replica wcw world title along with the SB trophy.

I found the link, thanks. That should make for some interesting lunchtime reading.

I’m not going to eat BB’s lunch for not taking Cobb, I wanted him in the 2nd but I also wanted Rodney Hudson, Justin Houston, and Shane Vereen. My plan was to trade #17 back and stock up picks in the 2nd-4th round, you never know how trades can ripple out and effect everything else so I’m relatively content with Cobb’s fate. But still, if he can play well when split wide it’s tough to let a guy that talented and multi-faceted, slip sway.

Cobb had a TD on a kickoff return and scored on play were he ran the wrong route (according to Rodgers). That's not so differente from what a guy like Brandon Tate could eventually bring in a game, so I wouldn't get worked up over not drafting the guy just yet.

He is sassy and too ****y. You don't even hear Favre say some of the things he says. So far it has worked for him. In fact the whole Packer's team talk too much, but again, they are the champs so someone has to knocked them off their fecking perch.

Yesterday after the game, this is what he had to say:"Wow, we did that without any OTAs, imagine what we could have done if we did".

Cobb had a TD on a kickoff return and scored on play were he ran the wrong route (according to Rodgers). That's not so differente from what a guy like Brandon Tate could eventually bring in a game, so I wouldn't get worked up over not drafting the guy just yet.

Tate could do that but he's just shown that he's a very mediocre player, while I think Tate will have more success in Cincy than here I see Cobb having MUCH more success in Gb than Tate ever will.

Also, if you really read my post one of the main points of it is that I'm actually NOT worked up over not getting him, I already said there were other guys I was higher on and it's impossible to predict who would have been available because every different move can produce tons of new potential outcomes. Brandon Tate v. Mike Wallace is a lot easier to predict as far as availability.

BTW, the fact that God likes Cobb just confirms my point that he would have been a great pickup.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...d-kickoffreturn-td?module=HP11_headline_stack

Last edited:
He's undoubtedly better with a weaker oline but if you give Tom Brady time he's the best, best ever :p

Fair point, but fearing that SeaBass won't play Monday night, I don't think that Brady will have enough time
during the game to prove it.

Rodgers, OTOH, keeps plays alive with his feet, throws both a hard & accurate ball on the run or in the pocket, and hasn't seemed to have thrown a WTF INT (see Brady v. Jets) since his return from his concussion
(which might be his only Achilles' Heel going forward).

It could also be that NO's defense isn't very good, either.

Last edited:

That'll be taken care of this season.

I understand the antipathy toward Rodgers, what with the championship belt & his not-so-subtle ego
(which may have been one of the factors in his free-fall on draft day); but damn, he can throw a ball,
and his receivers can catch them, too.

Last edited:
I wish we had some of Green Bay's wrs.:(Even the saints.These guys run good routes on the outside and get separation.They run a nice system.Brees will have over 4000 yards again and Rodgers is an mvp candidate.

Actually i think TB has had a bad habit recently of hanging on to the ball too much.In that playoffs lost he could have thrown the ball away but he tried to make the play and got sacked a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes