PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Footbal: G.B. vs N.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic case of outsmarting yourself.
They should have taken the points. The Saints D had just stiffened against the Packers. Now, the Packers are moving at will again.

Last edited:
quick count..QB sneak, Aus...they wimped out instead and looked weak doing it...seal Radji and you get a foot...jeezus

quick count..QB sneak, Aus...they wimped out instead and looked weak doing it...seal Radji and you get a foot...jeezus
I would have gone the QB sneak or rushed Thomas. He's a thumper on contact. Hell they could have used an o-linemen at FB to create a seam.

Gotta give NO credit, thought they were gonna get blown out the building early on but they almost came back. Looks like the D is spent now, they're in big trouble

Raji is killing that O-line tonight. Payton didn't even want to take the chance.

that was it right there...he let Radji dictate

Saints playing too much zone over the top. All Rodgers has to do is turn his slants hot. He has been killing them outside the numbers.

Anyone else hear Vilma screaming "Draw!" like 20 times before that draw?

Raji is killing that O-line tonight. Payton didn't even want to take the chance.
I acknowledge that but the play action was never going to work. Capers and the Packers aren't stupid (especially given most of us wouldn't have fallen for it).

Last edited:
At least Saints have stopped playing reduced on the line.

Nice FB sneak and good wham by the RG over the center to clear that lane.

Wonder why Brees doesn't go shotgun with GB showing a lot of blitz on this drive?

EDIT: Sproles blew that dual read on that 3rd and 4 where he went shotgun.

Last edited:
Thanks Marques Colston for your .53 points tonight :rolleyes:

I see New Orleans implemented that patented revolving door defense that we had a couple of years ago. The Packers are going to go for a fiftyburger in this one.

With a true FB in there, it's clear GB is grinding down the clock. Saints should at least roll up the safety, but I guess Payton's DC still thinks they can win the game and want to prevent the big play.

Shanked that kick on purpose, sorry Mr. Sproles.

The sad part is if the NO DB's showed up to play tonight it very much could have been a game.

There was some lousy tackling by NO too.

Jimmy Graham shouldn't only be making his second catch of the night with 4:50 left in the 4th.

The sad part is if the NO DB's showed up to play tonight it very much could have been a game.

I somewhat agree, but I think part of it was just that Rodgers is really good. Quite a few of those throws were picture-perfect, with the defender in perfect position...but the throw was even better.

Also...Saints should've switched shoes earlier. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Hopefully the Packers hold on. Nice start to the season, Saints with the L, helps the Pats 1st round pick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back