PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…

First, that is ludicrous. You are blaming a player getting hit and having a bone broken in his workout regimen, without any clue what that regimen is. Not to mention we aren't talking about Zsa Zsa Gabor like Deus is in predicting Gronk will have his arm amputated, and please tell me what exercise prevents a collarbone from being broken when being tackled in an NFL game.
You might as well be saying that if he had a proper psychic he would have skipped that play. It is a stronger argument.

Have you ever play a sport, beyond grade school?

You said that in response to being called insensitive. You should reread your OP. Most of it copied here:

Before you tell me how that hit was illegal and blaming Amendola is dumb, let me just say this – I don’t care! One of the things that made Wes Welker a great player was his intelligence and the wherewithal to protect himself from taking those type of hits, Amendola ran 100 MPH and it was as idiotic as throwing a glass against the concrete along with having a similar result. My excuses for Danny Amendola have flown south with the birds,

Your OP clearly was a reaction to the concussion and your predomimant point was he was wrong to get concussed.

It has nothing to do with insensitivity it has to do with you thinking his concussion was his fault.

Which is it? You want him to be a ******* when it serves your argument, and you want him to stink when that does.
You happen to be wrong about both.

As I said comments like this make you lose credibility. I never even hinted at a comment like that.

Please show where your knowledge is coming from that says Amendola does not train properly? Again, you have a grudge to bear so you have made it up that he doesn't train properly with absolutely no knowledge.
Your argument is now:
Amendola got hurt.
Training can prevent injury.
Therefore it is Amendolas fault he got hurt because he didn't train.

Your OP amounted to "Im mad at Amendola because he got a concussion". That was wrong enough but had you stopped there you would not have added layers of silliness.

You have no facts, you are making things up and calling them fact.
The particular point you made that sacrifices all credibility was that you believe Amendola's offseason workout program is deficient when you have absolutely no knowledge of what it is, and that fact that you are saying that in a thread created because of a concussion.
You have every right to continue to make wild guesses about things you know nothing about and say them as if you have certainty, but after a while no one will take your opinion seriously.

The "Oh poor me" posts are useless to me.
Not sure how someone disagreeing with you disrespects the forum though.
If you feel tortured you should cut back posting or start being open minded.
I have yet to see you take any disagreement with anything you say and respond with anything that doesn't amount to you are right and there is no doubt.

I think you misunderstand what a fact is.

He is 6 weeks into a 6 year contract.

Again where you lose credibility. No one is making any argument based on 2% of the snaps. You are using that strawman to say you didn't say what you did.

I agree, which is why I told you that you are losing credibility.

Then if you believe that say that.
Don't 'project his stats for the season' pretend to know his workout intensity, blame a concussion on him, and act as if football players are supposed to drop to the fetal position if they are ever in danger of being hit, etc, etc, etc.

I have and you don't.

What are you talking about?
I think you need to stop taking this board so seriously. You seem to be extremely worried about how your reputation is affected by what someone else posts.
I'm telling you what I read. If you don't want to hear it, just ignore me. I cannot waste my time with someone who thinks they are developing a reputation in the school cafeteria with how tough they are in their posts.

Perfect statement. WHATEVER anyone says will send you on a mission to create something that doesnt apply and pretend it does, such as the workout debacle.

Because I am not wrong, and you have now reached the point where in order to argue you are making up what other people think and then telling them the opinions you assign to them are wrong.
You really have not responded to a single comment that I have made in this thread in this diatribe other than my pointing out that you are losing credibility, yet you argued against dozens of things I never said,
Perhaps we can set up a forum just for you where you can make up thoughts that other people think and then argue how stupid they are.

The reason I said what I said about the concussion was because I knew people like you would try and evade reality and focus only the 2% of the snaps played after the concussion and despite my saying that you still choose to evade reality all while calling my credibility into question. The problem is your so consumed by your desire to have a pissing match with me that your ignoring the reality of this situation. Why don't you look at it without your desire to win this forum fight that you think we're engaged in. I am not fighting with you so stop with the demeaning words like idiotic, or questions pertaining to my creditibily. We don't know each other so stop trying to make this personal, your facts aren't facts they're excuses and manipulated facts. You have not been able to discredit anything a critic said about Amendola and therefore you have not done anything to discredit the premise of my opening post if you want to feel you did that is fine but its delusional.

I don't particularly feel any animosity toward your position toward Amendola as I myself have queries over his ability to remain injury free. I also refuse to question his talent because he has far more physical ability than Welker. Welker's greatness was in part, due to his toughness.

I guess my issue is your wish washing over the issue. You seem to move your arguments all over the shop that it tends to dilute your initial point.

My point is he hasn't done anything to prove his critics wrong in the first 6 weeks. We can spin reasons why all night but it doesn't really matter it is still the case. Welker may not have been as athletically talented but he was clearly a smart football player because his being on the field wasn't just toughness he wouldn't have played through these injuries anymore than Amendola, physical talent doesn't mean much if your not on the field Aaron Hernandez is a walking billboard for that and there are plenty of quarterbacks in the NFL with more physical talent than Brady. So even if your belief that Amendola is more talented it isn't translating into him being successful his numbers after 6 years equate to mediocrity if you want to attribute that to injuries that's fine but the numbers are still the numbers.

The reason I said what I said about the concussion was because I knew people like you would try and evade reality and focus only the 2% of the snaps played after the concussion and despite my saying that you still choose to evade reality all while calling my credibility into question.
Your OP was clearly started because of the concussion, you argued about why the concussion was his fault. Then you took everyone who disagreed with you and made up that there argument was about what happened after the concussion.
READ THIS, because you are responding as if you don't read the post you respond to:
You started the thread because of the concussion, you blamed the player for getting concussed. Someone pointed out that it was insensitive. First you said you should have waited due to that, then you said it wasn't about the concussion. You then took the arguments others made that had nothing to do with the above misrepresentations you made and claimed they were only about that.
Please find anywhere that I posted my opinions were only about after the concussion. You will have to recognize that people are calling you out because you are making an silly claim that the concussion is his fault, but 99% of what you are being challenged on has nothing to do with that.

The problem is your so consumed by your desire to have a pissing match with me that your ignoring the reality of this situation.
I'm actually trying very, very hard not to argue with you. I hold out hope that you will listen and understand why so many posters are saying you are off the mark.

Why don't you look at it without your desire to win this forum fight that you think we're engaged in.
You are the one who seems to think you are competing.

I am not fighting with you so stop with the demeaning words like idiotic,

Ironically I have not used that word, but the passage I copied in from your OP included it. That substance on your face right now is egg.

or questions pertaining to my creditibily.
I totally question your credibility. I would question the credibility of anyone who totally makes up an argument (Amendola needs to work out better) with zero clue about the facts and argues as if they are speaking from a point of knowledge and expertise.
This one is on you.

We don't know each other so stop trying to make this personal,
I'm not making it personal at all, I am making it about your opinion and perspective. I have not personally insulted or denigrated you, but I find your opinion and method of expressing or defending it very weak. That is not making it personal.

your facts aren't facts they're excuses and manipulated facts.
Which ones? What have I manipulated? What excuse have I given? Do you know the difference between a reason and an excuse?

You have not been able to discredit anything a critic said about Amendola and therefore you have not done anything to discredit the premise of my opening post if you want to feel you did that is fine but its delusional.
Um, where have I even commented on your original premise? Please show me where I made any comment whatsoever about what has or hasn't been proven, or even what these so called critics felt. I have not.
I have commented on the horrendous arguments you have made within the thread, including that a ball carrier should be afraid of being hit and flop to the ground, that a broken bone is an injury that the player can be blamed for, and is any indication of future chance of a separate injury, that the offseason workouts that you do not know anything about are insufficient and he cause of the injuries, that you can work out to strengthen your collar bone, that you can take stats from the first 6 games, project them over a season and use that to determine if the player earned his contract. I will tell you that if Amendola does nothing more than make the catch in the SB that Welker didnt, he earned his contract, for example.

So, rather than railing away about something you wished I said so you have an answer that you like, try reading my comments.
I have little patience left for you not doing that so I am likely to just bow out soon, and refrain from reading or responding to your posts. You have a real defensive, combative, at times insulting, and very oblivious nature to your posting. I've tried to overlook it and assumed you would tone it down, but it doesn't appear like you will, so it would seem best to end it here.

Smart ***** response shows you know you are off the mark.
If that is your response to me telling you it is ridiculous to think a workout regimen would prevent breaking your collarbone when hit by an NFL player, you need a lot of help.
While I was actually playing sports, please give me a list of all the exercises you did to prevent your collarbone from breaking.
I am sure the 100 NFL players who break bones every season would love to know which exercises you do to turn your bones to titanium.
Lets see:
Vereen
Gronk
Colvin
Edelman
Koppen
Light
Rodney Harrison
Law
McGinest
Bodden
Morris
Maroney
Taylor
Carter
Thomas
Ted Washington
Brian Cox

Off the top of my head, would be a few recent Patriot players who proved that they do not work out properly because they broke bones:bricks:

And the Andy Johnson spin continues, are you in politics? Seriously your sitting here arguing that Amendola hasn't been exactly what his critics said coming into this?
You really don't read what people post do you?
Please, please, please show me where I have argue for against or neutral of that comment. Please.

Otherwise what exactly are you spinning here, its pretty cut and dry the guy has either been what critics claimed or he has not, my position is he has been, so what is yours? No spin just an answer.
You have posted 10,000 words in this thread beyond that intial comment, and the ones I am responding to are not about that. Please read before you respond.

Its a 5 years contract and only 2 years are guaranteed by the way.
Oh, so 6 weeks into a 5 year contract is a good point to judge it since its not 6 weeks into a 6 year contract?:eek:

You know what, on second thought forget everything else I posted.
This comment tells me who you are, and I have no need to have any discussion with a dbag.
Enjoy insulting other people until they give up on you too. Go buy some character.

It wasn't Amendola's fault he got injured, but he does seem injury prone. So I can see both sides of the coin. However, I think he helps the Pats wins games when he is healthy. Hopefully he can recover quickly and remain healthy.

My point is he hasn't done anything to prove his critics wrong in the first 6 weeks. We can spin reasons why all night but it doesn't really matter it is still the case. Welker may not have been as athletically talented but he was clearly a smart football player because his being on the field wasn't just toughness he wouldn't have played through these injuries anymore than Amendola, physical talent doesn't mean much if your not on the field Aaron Hernandez is a walking billboard for that and there are plenty of quarterbacks in the NFL with more physical talent than Brady. So even if your belief that Amendola is more talented it isn't translating into him being successful his numbers after 6 years equate to mediocrity if you want to attribute that to injuries that's fine but the numbers are still the numbers.
My stance on Amendola is he's 7 games in to a 5 year contract. Sure, this season isn't going as the Patriots or Amendola had hoped, but he played a damn big part in helping the Patriots beat Buffalo and sure, his detractors are probably right about Amendola to this point in his Patriots career but ultimately, I just don't care for the negativity.

If that is your response to me telling you it is ridiculous to think a workout regimen would prevent breaking your collarbone when hit by an NFL player, you need a lot of help.
While I was actually playing sports, please give me a list of all the exercises you did to prevent your collarbone from breaking.
I am sure the 100 NFL players who break bones every season would love to know which exercises you do to turn your bones to titanium.
Lets see:
Vereen
Gronk
Colvin
Edelman
Koppen
Light
Rodney Harrison
Law
McGinest
Bodden
Morris
Maroney
Taylor
Carter
Thomas
Ted Washington
Brian Cox

Off the top of my head, would be a few recent Patriot players who proved that they do not work out properly because they broke bones:bricks:

But did they do pilates?

...are people actually arguing with the OP?

Getting rid of Welker for Amendola was ****ing awful. Welker will end starting more games in his 2 year contract than Amendola for the duration of his entire contract here.

Always good to get rid of your HOF QB's #1 target and let him go to your #1 rival in the conference.

...are people actually arguing with the OP?

Getting rid of Welker for Amendola was ****ing awful. Welker will end starting more games in his 2 year contract than Amendola for the duration of his entire contract here.

Always good to get rid of your HOF QB's #1 target and let him go to your #1 rival in the conference.

Reminder: Wes turned down more money to play with the Broncos. Personally I think he was probably done dealing with Belichick and the fact that the Patriots weren't willing to negotiate was the final straw.

Reminder: Wes turned down more money to play with the Broncos. Personally I think he was probably done dealing with Belichick and the fact that the Patriots weren't willing to negotiate was the final straw.

Actual fact:

Welker went to the Patriots and gave them a chance to match the Denver offer. They declined. Both sides agree about that. The "more money" theory is crap.

Actual fact:

Welker went to the Patriots and gave them a chance to match the Denver offer. They declined. Both sides agree about that. The "more money" theory is crap.

Well, he did turn down more money. He just didn't know it at the time (late in the 2011 season).

You know what, on second thought forget everything else I posted.
This comment tells me who you are, and I have no need to have any discussion with a dbag.
Enjoy insulting other people until they give up on you too. Go buy some character.

Like I said to you in my PM this was a legit question not all fans play sports in fact many don't, if I was making the presumption that you were one of them and attempting to take a dig at you I would have worded things differently "you have never played a sport in your life" or something like that.

This isn't about you and I as people I am trying to make a point about Amendola as a player and I asked the question to better understand what your experience was in sports so I could cater my response to you accordingly. Don't assume the worst in people because on my life that question wasn't a dig you have my word.

My stance on Amendola is he's 7 games in to a 5 year contract. Sure, this season isn't going as the Patriots or Amendola had hoped, but he played a damn big part in helping the Patriots beat Buffalo and sure, his detractors are probably right about Amendola to this point in his Patriots career but ultimately, I just don't care for the negativity.

I have the highest level of respect for you as a poster and how you've approached this discussion in particular, I can respect your not sharing my view. I am not trying to be negative I have plenty of positives to say about this team and I do say them, but Danny is not one of them so I put it out there.

You really don't read what people post do you?
Please, please, please show me where I have argue for against or neutral of that comment. Please.

I don't know what your position is I would like to know, which is why I am asking again - do you feel Amendola has done anything to discredit his critics through six weeks?

I don't get what you're attempting to achieve other than having a pissing match which I'm not interested in.

Lets see:
Vereen
Gronk
Colvin
Edelman
Koppen
Light
Rodney Harrison
Law
McGinest
Bodden
Morris
Maroney
Taylor
Carter
Thomas
Ted Washington
Brian Cox

Amendola hasn't suffered a broken bone while playing for the Patriots. Why are you making this a focus?

Brady 6 continues to prove that internet access should be banned at mental health institutions.

I don't know what your position is I would like to know, which is why I am asking again - do you feel Amendola has done anything to discredit his critics through six weeks?

I don't get what you're attempting to achieve other than having a pissing match which I'm not interested in.

Just stop it. I am done with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes