Drew Bledsoe.

Discuss.

Billy Sullivan

Bill Belichick

Robert Kraft.

Victor "Big Nickel" Greene
Johnny Rembert
Clive Rush

Don't be putting down my boy Johnny Rembert. From special teams to two pro bowls.:mad:

Mike Adams just announced that he thinks they are:

Bob Kraft
Bill Parcells
Drew Bledsoe.

Discuss.

It's a little like the chicken and the egg:

Parcells/Bledsoe gave birth to the dream (new direction, etc)

Belichick/Brady made the dream a reality (reaching the destination)

Which is more vital is simply perspective. Hard to choose, really.

That must have been some labor birthing a 30 year old baby.:rolleyes:

Any schmuck can dream. Making dreams reality is another whole level of significance altogether.

Kraft
Belichick
Brady

Any schmuck can dream. Making dreams reality is another whole level of significance altogether.

Kraft
Belichick
Brady

I agree with you, personally. But you don't think that before the Parcells and Bledsoe era that we fans were just schmucks, and not schmucks with a dream?

OR: Is it harder to reverse the momentum of a wayward franchise into a winning franchise, or to build upon that momentum to make it the best team?

Last edited:
That's my point.

Ray, I think you could use a vacation.

You're right there. Next month.

My point was it said franchise history, not who contributed to the Super Bowl victories.

The franchise is 47 years old and very well might not have existed at all if not for the efforts of one person.

Have to go with

Kraft
Parcells
Belichick...

Billy Sullivan
Robert Kraft
Bill Belichick

James Orthwein would be on my list. He easily could have moved the struggling franchise with a joke for a stadium to his home town St. Louis before they got the Rams. Instead he brought in Tuna and eventually sold the team to a business man with local interests. The rest is history.

You're right there. Next month.

My point was it said franchise history, not who contributed to the Super Bowl victories.

The franchise is 47 years old and very well might not have existed at all if not for the efforts of one person.

All franchises exist - and since it cost about as much as a buying a new house to get one going back in the day by that rationale every original franchise owner would have to take up a slot on any top 3 list. All we did under the Sullivan's tutelage was exist, and ofen barely. In their own way Kiam and Orthwein moved the franchise off the schnide - maybe that's good for the other two places. And of course Parcells gave us an upgrade at profile, although it would have been pretty short lived had Kraft not taken a shine to his then young DC.

So I guess the list depends on whether what matters to you is merely existing or thriving. My vote goes to the trio who rebuilt what was still for all intents and purposes a moribund NFL franchilse into a powerhouse many now tout as the first dynasty of the modern day (post cap and FA era) NFL. Patsies on and off the field to organizational gold standard is a bigger contribution that mere existence - which in a market this size would have happened sooner or later anyway.

Last edited:
1) Tom Finneran
2) Whitey Bulger
3) Danny Boy (r)

I agree with you, personally. But you don't think that before the Parcells and Bledsoe era that we fans were just schmucks, and not schmucks with a dream?

OR: Is it harder to reverse the momentum of a wayward franchise into a winning franchise, or to build upon that momentum to make it the best team?

No. The Parcells / Bledsoe tandem simply got us to the SB and lost it. We'd been there and done that before.

Kraft/BB/Brady won, I repeat, WON three (3) SuperBowls.
There is absolutely no comparison.

I have to go with Tuna for one. He is more responsible for turning this team around than anyone else. The attitude he brought began the rise of this team.

Mike Adams just announced that he thinks they are:

Bob Kraft
Bill Parcells
Drew Bledsoe.

Discuss.

Sounds like someone who's just trying too hard to make their list spark discussion. Let me make it simpler for you, the list is:

Bob Kraft
Bill Belichick
Tom Brady

Anyone who argues with that has issues. They've won three Super Bowls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back