PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Clausen?

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I DO NOT WANT US TO DRAFT HIM.

Just heard he is coming out of ND. Wondering what you think of him in the pros? I am a NFL guy and don't watch much collage ball.
Wonder if the Bills are looking for another QB?

Claussen screams bust.
His very top ceiling is to be the next Cutler.
More likely he won't do squat and be the next Alex Smith.

I saw several ND games this year and he has zero ability to win a game or to be clutch.

He's got a weird throwing motion and his ball sails when he throws deep. Doesn't throw a crisp enough spiral for my liking. I think he's going to have trouble throwing into tight windows and his ball is going to hang up too long for a pro DB to make a play on it. I don't think he's anything like Cutler. Cutler has great arm strength but just makes some bad decisions and tries to force things. Clausen has mediocre arm strength, decent accuracy, but takes care of the football. He only threw 4 INT's. I think he's an okay QB prospect but I wouldn't draft him if I were looking for a QB.

My top two QB's in this draft are Bradford and McCoy. The two most important things to me are accuracy and decision making. Bradford and McCoy are both rated highly in both departments IMO. I also love McCoy's calm and cool demeanor under pressure. He's led Texas down in the two minute so many times. McCoy reminds me a lot of Rivers when I watch him.

That's kinda what I thought about him. Some team will pick him in the 8-14 range and be stuck. Look at the Raiders.
Best senerio is have a good solid team and than draft a QB imo. You need solid OL/DL lines. I wonder how many QB 's may have made it inthe NFL if they went to a good team and not have had to start for say, the Lions,ect.
thanks

The two most important things to me are accuracy and decision making.

Very Very True and I agree McCoy is the most accurate pass in this draft. Desicion making is not quite where it should be. I wish he didn't look onto Shipley so much, but he can put the ball between the numbers better than anybody draft eligible QB in college football.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back