Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thoughts on Clausen?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by carolinatony, Dec 7, 2009.

1. carolinatony

carolinatony In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I DO NOT WANT US TO DRAFT HIM.

Just heard he is coming out of ND. Wondering what you think of him in the pros? I am a NFL guy and don't watch much collage ball.
    Wonder if the Bills are looking for another QB?

2. DougFlutie

DougFlutie Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Claussen screams bust.
    His very top ceiling is to be the next Cutler.
    More likely he won't do squat and be the next Alex Smith.

I saw several ND games this year and he has zero ability to win a game or to be clutch.

3. BillBelichickFan79

BillBelichickFan79 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -3

He's got a weird throwing motion and his ball sails when he throws deep. Doesn't throw a crisp enough spiral for my liking. I think he's going to have trouble throwing into tight windows and his ball is going to hang up too long for a pro DB to make a play on it. I don't think he's anything like Cutler. Cutler has great arm strength but just makes some bad decisions and tries to force things. Clausen has mediocre arm strength, decent accuracy, but takes care of the football. He only threw 4 INT's. I think he's an okay QB prospect but I wouldn't draft him if I were looking for a QB.

My top two QB's in this draft are Bradford and McCoy. The two most important things to me are accuracy and decision making. Bradford and McCoy are both rated highly in both departments IMO. I also love McCoy's calm and cool demeanor under pressure. He's led Texas down in the two minute so many times. McCoy reminds me a lot of Rivers when I watch him.

4. carolinatony

carolinatony In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's kinda what I thought about him. Some team will pick him in the 8-14 range and be stuck. Look at the Raiders.
    Best senerio is have a good solid team and than draft a QB imo. You need solid OL/DL lines. I wonder how many QB 's may have made it inthe NFL if they went to a good team and not have had to start for say, the Lions,ect.
    thanks

5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +67 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

Very Very True and I agree McCoy is the most accurate pass in this draft. Desicion making is not quite where it should be. I wish he didn't look onto Shipley so much, but he can put the ball between the numbers better than anybody draft eligible QB in college football.