PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This will be McGinest's first game in NE since leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I hope he gets a lot of love when (if) he is introduced. A great player who did a lot for this team.

I hope so too. He was one of my favorite Patriots! I was sad that he left.

Definitely. He took pay cuts, never complained, was a great leader and made big plays for us.

I hope he gets a lot of love when (if) he is introduced.

I'm sure he will. Few players have left behind a bigger reservoir of good will.

one of my best-favourite ever player

# 55 !

wellcome back Willie !

Romeo's first game back too. Both should get great receptions.

I'm sure he will. Few players have left behind a bigger reservoir of good will.

He certainly was a great team guy while he was here but you may recall that he didn't have the classiest things to say after he signed with the Browns. I don't want to misquote him since I can't remember it word for word but I'm sure somebody can dig it up.

But to the point of this thread; yes I do hope and expect that he will be warmly received.

He certainly was a great team guy while he was here but you may recall that he didn't have the classiest things to say after he signed with the Browns. I don't want to misquote him since I can't remember it word for word but I'm sure somebody can dig it up.

But to the point of this thread; yes I do hope and expect that he will be warmly received.

If anybody could get the quote, that would be greatly appreciated. I never heard it.

Yes, he did mention something negative but I never took it to heart considering how much he has done for the team and that it was probably made out of irritation when we couldn't agree to his terms.

I also hope and expect most in Foxboro to give him and Crennel a warm and rousing reception.

He'll get a lukewarm reception, I expect most won't even be paying attenton to the Browns intros.

Last edited:
He'll get a lukewarm reception, I expect most won't even be paying attenton to the Browns intros.

Lukewarm? Really? I hope not...that man was one of the centerpieces of the three SBs, a charismatic and talented player. He loved being a Patriot from 2000–2005, and I'd like to see him greeted warmly.

Last edited:
He'll get a good reception. I'm sure the return of McGinest and Romeo will be one of the media storylines this week, so everyone will be paying attention to the intros.

I recall McGinnest talking about how you can't just replace players like Vinatieri...Branch/Givens....Him. It was something about that. Nothing big but he didn't have anything kind to say about the Pats, thats for sure.

I respect him though and what he did for this time and I'm sure we all appreciate him.

Willie is one of the best to ever put on a Patriots Jersey.

I hope the crowd goes nuts when they see him.

This was a guy who came up with the biggest plays in the biggest games.

It broke my heart that he was not able to retire a Patriot.

YES! Standing O for Willie!

I will be very loud in cheering for Big Willie style....he is one of the best LBers to ever be a patriot.

That said this will be a real bittersweet trip for the guy....I think it will hurt willie to watch this team more than any other expatriot.

He'll get a huge ovation, and he deserves it. Remember his last game in NE? 4 sacks against Jax in the playoffs!

I will be very loud in cheering for Big Willie style....he is one of the best LBers to ever be a patriot.

That said this will be a real bittersweet trip for the guy....I think it will hurt willie to watch this team more than any other expatriot.

Yes...I think he's a sentimental and proud man. There may be a part of him wishing to be a part of this.

I didn't even realize he was still playing. Poor Willie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes