Welcome to PatsFans.com

This is what i propose

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by CrayzeeNepFan1, Apr 8, 2007.

1. CrayzeeNepFan1

CrayzeeNepFan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Assante Samuel traded to washington Redskins for their first next year and rocky mchintosh and a third this year.

How does that sound?
  2. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Great, call up Pioli and have them make the deal :rolleyes:
  3. CrayzeeNepFan1

CrayzeeNepFan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Danny you seriously don't think it's a good deal or do u think the redskins couldn't be that stupid? I propose snyder is that stupid and needs to save face after being raped on the Bailey fiasco I think that Assante will help the redskins defense more than he helps ours and would be a win win situation with him joining the no frickin chance conference and the patriots getting a young linebacker that BB was all over last year but has only been a bench warmer in Washington. He would be at the worst a great rotational player on our impressive defense and a first next year isn't alot to ask. I'd even do it for a second next year if i'm pioli if i can get a mid round pick and mchintosh with that
  4. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +169 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

sounds like a coup on our part. no way they would throw in the three. they proposed a 1st round swap with chicago for briggs.

I would be willing to swap 28 and 6 but they would have to throw something in either a player or a draft pick this year or next. didnt we pick seymour at 6.
  5. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No I think it is a great deal. The rolley eyes is because we would not get that lucky!
  6. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I wish I was as stupid as Snyder...Yeah those millions upon millions of dollars he is worth all came from being stupid and making stupid moves :rolleyes:

Maybe owning a team is not his best thing, but you don't get to be in his position being stupid.

Now guys like Matt Millen...Thats another story :D
  7. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

I believe that the Redskins are worth more than any other team. Doing it Snyder's way works for football as a business.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  8. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My idea

Asanta+3rd round +6th rounder traded for next year 2nd rounder and this year`s 3rd rounder - we have 10 picks with 4 untradable ones .so this is good in moving one 1 pick to next year a high 2nd and we get the 70 overall pick which is still a impact player.

or asante for their 2nd round pick - 38th over all is a pretty good spot too with low financial comitment
  9. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I'd rather have two first round picks and three second round picks, and Clinton Portis.
  10. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I believe they are not.
  11. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just a crazy idea, but what if the Skins offered a straight up Asante for Portis trade, would you do it?
  12. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I would not be interested in any current player on the Redskins roster, including Taylor.
    That organization has so many issues, despite having Gibbs as the coach, that I think affect players heads. It would take a year or two to correct the bad habits.
  13. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

why wouldnt u be interested in any of their players?

Taylor - pro bowl safety
    Portis - pro bowl caliber RB
    Moss - Speedy WR
    Cooley - very good H-Back
    Washington - tremendous OLB
    Fltecher - many here wanted him
    Rogers - good young CB
    their OL is actually pretty good
  14. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I personally would like to see us trade asante to S.D. for Michael Turner and a 3rd rd pick in this yrs draft. That would actually make me very happy. Turner and Maroney would be an unbelievable one/two combo. Getting a 3rd would give us more leverage in the draft. And, unloading a player like asante onto S.D. would be great. I'm sure Tom knows him well enuff that Stallworth would be open for six come playoff time.
  15. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

Umm except we'd be making one of our AFC rivals a LOT stronger. We barely squeaked by these guys in the divisional playoffs game. Just say NO to trading Asante to a good team.
  16. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

i guess that argument just holds weight based upon your own belief on how good asante really is. I personally think he is good, but not THAT good. So, I wouldnt be afraid of trading him to an already solid ball club. Besides, our receiving core is far better than it was last yr. and I feel we have seperated ourselves from them.

Actually, I wouldnt care where we sent him. If we get good compensation and get a cancer out of locker room, then ill be as happy as a pig in slop.