PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eric Bieniemy

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So the Washington Redskins Commies hired Kliff Kingsbury as their new OC...

the former OC/AHC of the team was Eric Bieniemy... any interest in bringing him in? I know we have kicked the can with Ben MacAdoo, but I don't want one "Mac" on this team, let alone two...

He's got experience... Is said to have a "forceful" personality... worth kicking the tires on?

Was he technically fired, or just expired contract when Rivera got fired?

Kinda sad he's left out in the cold now that all OC's are filled in right?

I would certainly bring him in if he wants to be here. At this point I really don't know where he goes with his career. He stepped out of Reid (and Mahomes's) shadow and had a pretty productive season with a backup level quarterback but now looks to be out of a job and didn't garner much interest as far as head coach interviews.

There's something about this guy. He went from the hottest young name to sitting at home in a few seasons. Not sure why, something doesn't add up.

He has a past of some bad choices in his younger years. Had gotten into trouble and I'm guessing no owner wants to have those conversations with the media. That's probably why he can't get a head coaching job. It was also rumored that the players found it difficult to deal with him, he's very intense as a coach.

Was he technically fired, or just expired contract when Rivera got fired?

Kinda sad he's left out in the cold now that all OC's are filled in right?
If you walk into work and find someone else sitting in your chair, doing your job... well I'd wager you've been fired...

and if not technically fired, i would imagine Dan Quinn wouldn't block him from any interviews

There's something about this guy. He went from the hottest young name to sitting at home in a few seasons. Not sure why, something doesn't add up.
because he's not andy reid and everyone knows his success was in Andy Reids offense?

He has a past of some bad choices in his younger years. Had gotten into trouble and I'm guessing no owner wants to have those conversations with the media. That's probably why he can't get a head coaching job. It was also rumored that the players found it difficult to deal with him, he's very intense as a coach.
I mean he had a couple arrests in college and then a DUI almost 25 years ago. Mike Vrabel was arrested more recently and it didn't slow down his coaching career. While Tom Cable was never arrested he was punching assistant coaches and allegedly beating multiple wives/girlfriends. Our old friend Matt Patricia was arrested for sexual assault in college and that didn't stop him.

Something more is going on with Bieniemy. Reid and Mahomes have both publicly backed him multiple times and he wasn't bad at all this season with little to work with. Feels like he had to have made some enemies somewhere or the NFL really is an even worse good ole boy network than most could imagine.

Last edited:
because he's not andy reid and everyone knows his success was in Andy Reids offense?
Maybe.
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

I don’t know where he’d fit in with this coaching staff. Doubt he’d take any position lower that OC which is a position we just filled. He doesn’t have any ties to anyone on the coaching staff or in the organization that I know of. Rumor has it that Mayo is trying to bring in Ben McAdoo (former Giants OC/HC) as an assistant HC/offensive advisor. There’s no spot for him here…

There’s just something very strange with his situation; the fact that he has been passed over so many times for a HC position. I know he has some past personal baggage from years ago. Race doesn’t really have anything to do with it in 2024. It’s best we stay clear of him tbh…

Pretty sure it has more to do with this than his abilities to coach. I doubt we would see him here. Sorry but I don’t know how to link the webpage properly.

Nothing really disqualifying there. Sounds like minor stuff from a long time ago

Ummm honestly this makes me believe some of the Andy Reid retirement gossip because this guy would be THE guy who the team would want to be the successor. Or rather Mahomes would want him and that’s what matters (and should have mattered with Brady but whatever)

It did not at all cross my mind when I saw the Commanders OC news that he was out of a job. I would hire him. He did a good job with Washington given everything.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back