PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Defense Can be Dominant

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Gary Guyton is already ahead of Eric Alexander on the depth chart. I saw him taking some snaps while Bruschi was off the field. Very very good sign. Who knows, he might become a starter in a few years.

Guyton and Alexander don't really play the same position, so they wouldn't be competing on the depth chart. Right now, Alexander is the backup at WILB behind Mayo, and Guyton is the backup at SILB behind Bruschi. In reality, if something happened to Bruschi, they might move AD inside on running downs and bring Pierre Woods in to play OLB. They take the SILB off the field for their nickel packages anyway - or, as they did against the Jets, AD moves inside anyway and covers.

But I agree about Guyton, he was only in on two snaps the other day, but even that is a huge sign of confidence in a UDFA. He looked like a force out there on the play he blitzed, and then he went and tracked down the RB who they dumped the ball off to. He has the speed and size to play SILB for the team, and I agree that he could very well be starting on this team at some point in the next few years.

Last edited:
This defense can also be dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back