PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thinking the Patriots didn’t do enough to give Brady weapons is a fallacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would his babysitters count against the cap?

We didn't seem to have a problem drafting and Not Baby Sitting our friend AH, so baby sitting a Dez Bryant and receiving 1260 yards and 13 TDs might have been worth the baby sitting fees given everything else that's happened don't ya think my friend?

Baby sitting fees compared to AHs cap hit? Hmmm, let me think about that one.

Would his babysitters count against the cap?

Yes, they do.

The Cowboys were going to hire minders for Bryant, but were told that would violate the CBA, since it would constitute an illegal expenditure by the team on behalf of the player.

I wonder how well Denver would have played with D. Thomas on IR and J. Thomas in Jail for murder?

I think the front office did enough, things just didn't pan out this year for a number of reasons. That is football.

We didn't seem to have a problem drafting and Not Baby Sitting our friend AH, so baby sitting a Dez Bryant and receiving 1260 yards and 13 TDs might have been worth the baby sitting fees given everything else that's happened don't ya think my friend?

OK, since you seem to be missing the point: There were complaints *two years* in that he didn't know the *Cowboys* playbook. How do you think that would have flown in Foxboro?

Comparing bringing in Bryant with bringing in Hernandez.........

Hmmmmmmmmmm, let me think about that one........

OK, since you seem to be missing the point: There were complaints *two years* in that he didn't know the *Cowboys* playbook. How do you think that would have flown in Foxboro?

CtPatsFan, you know where I stand on the passing of Dez Bryant/Demaryius Thomas issue. I will always believe that this was an epic mistake and sorry I don't buy the stuff about Dez not fitting in here in our offense. If he was a Patriot we would all love the guy just like they do in Dallas, he's a legend down there. Poor Tommy, I just hope in the next 3 years he gets to play with one of these types of game changers on the perimeter. How lucky Manning has been to have always had this luxury.

CtPatsFan, you know where I stand on the passing of Dez Bryant/Demaryius Thomas issue. I will always believe that this was an epic mistake and sorry I don't buy the stuff about Dez not fitting in here in our offense. If he was a Patriot we would all love the guy just like they do in Dallas, he's a legend down there. Poor Tommy, I just hope in the next 3 years he gets to play with one of these types of game changers on the perimeter. How lucky Manning has been to have always had this luxury.

Only in the last year or two. I have friends who are Cowboys fans who were talking about the likelihood that he would get cut or traded after the 2011 season.

Yes, they do.

The Cowboys were going to hire minders for Bryant, but were told that would violate the CBA, since it would constitute an illegal expenditure by the team on behalf of the player.

Interesting, thanks.

Hernandez was the biggest key in my opinion. I thought this year he was going to breakout to superstar stats, unfortunately what happened happened he or Gronk on the team would have put the Pats in the Supebowl

Hernandez was the biggest key in my opinion. I thought this year he was going to breakout to superstar stats, unfortunately what happened happened he or Gronk on the team would have put the Pats in the Supebowl

I'm pretty sure he was hoping to break out this year as well.

Ya know, i just realized that all you have to do to get hundreds, possibly thousands of likes is call Shaugnessy an A-Hole.

Fortunately he is an A-Hole so it's pretty easy to work it in.

Trying and failing has the same outcome as not trying.

Therefore the Patriots have not done enough for Brady if they want to win. It's really that simple. You don't get spotted points by Denver for trying to give Brady weapons. If you draft injury risks you best have backup plans.

While I do agree their hands have been tied, it's still failure. They just couldn't do anything about it.

I don’t think we failed to be honest, the combo of Thomas and Decker helped the Broncos to the SB this season, the combo of Gronkowski and Hernandez helped us to the SB in 2011.

The Patriots have played 3 AFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl in the past 3 seasons there are 31 teams in the NFL that play to win the game too, the word failure should never be associated with the Patriots.

Ah I see, so in your eyes you would make that trade all over again?

AH and DMac for Demaryius Thomas?

Please don't apply for the future Patriots GM position.

I don’t like to overhype players so I am only going to point out some numbers:

Demaryius Thomas
• Rookie year – 10 games, 22 receptions, 283 receiving yards, 12.9 average, 2 touchdowns.
Dez Bryant
• Rookie year – 12 games, 45 receptions, 561 receiving yards, 12.5 average, 6 touchdowns.
Aaron Dobson
• Rookie year – 12 games, 37 receptions, 519 receiving yards, 14.0 average, 4 touchdowns

I would rather have Devin McCourty and Rob Gronkowski than either of those WRs any day of the week point, blank, period. It took Bryant and Thomas until their 3rd seasons in the NFL to break 1,000 yards receiving so we can sit here all day and compare 4th year receivers to our rookies but that is a handicapped comparison if ever there was one.

So basically this is great job Cowboys and great job Broncos you drafted 1 big time play maker in the first 2 rounds of the 2010 NFL draft and then horrible job Patriots you only drafted 1 big time play maker in the first 2 rounds of the 2011 NFL draft?
  • Rob Gronkowski – 54 games, 247 receptions, 3578 receiving yards, 14.5 average, 45 touchdowns.
  • Dez Bryant – 59 games, 293 receptions, 4104 receiving yards, 14.0 average, 40 touchdowns.
  • Demaryius Thomas – 58 games, 268 receptions, 4220 receiving yards, 15.7 average, 34 touchdowns.
I like wish that we could have left the 2010 draft with –
  1. Demaryius Thomas
  2. Dez Bryant
  3. Rob Gronkowsk
  4. Jimmy Graham
  5. Eric Decker
If only those other 31 damn teams didn’t draft players too!!!

The question remains, does Brady have enough weapons now (assuming all are healthy)? I still say no and don't assume Dobson/Thompkins will auto improve to the point they're consistent outside / deep threats.

The question remains, does Brady have enough weapons now (assuming all are healthy)? I still say no and don't assume Dobson/Thompkins will auto improve to the point they're consistent outside / deep threats.

We know that the AFC team (Denver) got to the SB because of their offensive weapons:

Thomas
Thomas
Welker
Decker
Moreno
Tamme
Ball

New England, even if fully healthy, can't match that with what they've got right now. They could probably match up, offense to offense, with both Seattle and SF, but they can't match those defenses. To me, that puts NE in the second tier right now, with teams like Carolina and New Orleans.

If Dobson and at least one of the Thompkins/Boyce pair take huge leaps next year, and Gronk, Amendola and Edelman all stay healthy for the playoffs, and the running game doesn't take a step back, and the team fixes the OC/ORG and TE2 situations, this team can be SB worthy on offense. That's a fair amount of "if" work to be done, though.

I don’t like to overhype players so I am only going to point out some numbers:

Demaryius Thomas
• Rookie year – 10 games, 22 receptions, 283 receiving yards, 12.9 average, 2 touchdowns.
Dez Bryant
• Rookie year – 12 games, 45 receptions, 561 receiving yards, 12.5 average, 6 touchdowns.
Aaron Dobson
• Rookie year – 12 games, 37 receptions, 519 receiving yards, 14.0 average, 4 touchdowns

I would rather have Devin McCourty and Rob Gronkowski than either of those WRs any day of the week point, blank, period. It took Bryant and Thomas until their 3rd seasons in the NFL to break 1,000 yards receiving so we can sit here all day and compare 4th year receivers to our rookies but that is a handicapped comparison if ever there was one.

and yet people continue to judge the rookie receivers...what did Alshon jeffries do his rookie year? Year 2 is generally the year where receivers break out.

I expect Dobson to be a stud next year considering what he showed me this season before his injuries. I keep hearing people say go out and get Erik Decker.

but, I think in yaer 2 Dobson could be every bit as good/better. and hopefully/Boyce/thompkins develop more as well

We know that the AFC team (Denver) got to the SB because of their offensive weapons:

Thomas
Thomas
Welker
Decker
Moreno
Tamme
Ball

New England, even if fully healthy, can't match that with what they've got right now. They could probably match up, offense to offense, with both Seattle and SF, but they can't match those defenses. To me, that puts NE in the second tier right now, with teams like Carolina and New Orleans.

If Dobson and at least one of the Thompkins/Boyce pair take huge leaps next year, and Gronk, Amendola and Edelman all stay healthy, and the running game doesn't take a step back, and the team fixes the OC/ORG and TE2 situations, this team can be SB worthy on offense. That's a fair amount of "if" work to be done, though.

something to note though, Denver wont be as good next year. they likely will lose either Decker or welker...or both

something to note though, Denver wont be as good next year. they likely will lose either Decker or welker...or both

Jason's got them at $121m for 46 players, right now, and Bailey can be cut, with no dead money, for $10m in cap savings, and they'll also have some carryover. They'll probably have enough money to keep most of the players they want, if they make some adjustments. Does that mean that they will keep Welker and/or Decker? No, but it does mean that they should have the money to do so should they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back