PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Vinny Question answered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if he sees what Brady sees. So does the offensive staff. Some people suggest that testaverde is why the play calling has turned around, but the playcalling hasnt turned around. Its the same. They beat the Texans because we are 50 times better than them. Things will get tougher in the playoffs. I dont disupte that Vinny and Brady talk about defenses and what he saw in relation to what Brady sees, but he has no input in how the gameplan and how this offense is run. Thats my issue with some people who think otherwise.

One more time.
I sat right behind the Pats bench in the front row Sec 110 row 1 seat 18 for the Bears game which was the point of discussion in the old post you quoted.
It's easy to watch a play (takes seconds) and flip your gaze to the players. I love the opportunity to feel like I'm on the field with the players. Would that I could read BB's lips when he talks to the D. But I digress...

Vinnie talks with Cassel, stands next to him, not the OC or Brady, the vast majority of the game. If the Pats are in a close game, after talking with Josh and BB (Cassell & Vinnie are rarely involved; the few time I see them there they are looking on, not talking...and that was not at the Bears game), Brady spends most of the defense time pacing, walking alone away from the offense to the end of the defense's bench and then warming up.
If the Pats are ahead and the game ending, he spends a higher % of time chatting with players, siting with the OL and joking with WRs/RBs.

My opinion of what happens during the game is based on those observational facts.
Yours is based on pure conjecture driven by a strange obsession with the perceived inadequacies of OCs (Zampeze, then Weis, now McDaniels).

I understand you are speaking specifically to NEM's assertion that Testeverde has supplanted McDaniels during the game. Most aren't suggesting that.

But given the comments of both Brady and Testeverde it is clear that in weekly preparations, Testeverde does indeed have input with Brady and McDaniels in game plan preparation.

To what extent that's helped or had any impact, no one can really say - one can't deny that its happening given Brady's more recent comments.

Sorry but this had nothing to do with playcalling. I just dont believe they called in Vinny Testaverde so Tom could "bounce" things off of him. Hes just an insurance policy for the team, nothing more nothing less.

Agreed...

In fact, what makes any of us think Tom Brady wuold even be interested in "bouncing things off" a friggin' lifetime loser like Vinnie Inteceptverde?

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it's kind of an embarrasment to have this guy on the team!

I understand you are speaking specifically to NEM's assertion that Testeverde has supplanted McDaniels during the game. Most aren't suggesting that.

PWP:Yes, I was responding to the looney game situation claims

But given the comments of both Brady and Testeverde it is clear that in weekly preparations, Testeverde does indeed have input with Brady and McDaniels in game plan preparation.

To what extent that's helped or had any impact, no one can really say - one can't deny that its happening given Brady's more recent comments.

Yes, I would expect Brady to talk offense with a vet like Flutie or Testaverde

Yes, I would expect Brady to talk offense with a vet like Flutie or Testaverde

* Just like and QB would do on a team that had a vet 3rd QB. I would expect Brady talks to every player and coach on the O side of the ball about the offense. And even calls Charlie W now and then. The idea that Vinnie T
has some special job any different than any vet 3rd QB on a team isn't based in fact.

Okay....take a deep breath before reading this one!

Everyone here discussing Brady/Testaverde/McDaniels. What if everyone here has it wrong. Wrong? why wrong? Perhaps we all have been brainwashed to be wrong.

Read this linked article: http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ek_inside_the_mind_of_the_patriots/?page=full

Now imagine that Testaverde has alot of work to do .... 10, 9, 8 days before the game.

Not making the game plan ... no the general framework for that comes from Belichick himself ... the rest is all explained in the article.

Just suppose for a moment that Belichick was second guessing himself. He has an open position on the roster which pays much, much more than a coach would get. I mean he wouldn't even pony up extra money for Weiss ... can't imagine what a Quality Control Film Watcher gets.

Not saying yes...not saying no...

Just saying suppose his main role is to watch film ... offer up his suggestions 10,9 & 8 days before the game. Belichick takes that and weighs it with what he intends to do ... Testaverde is around the rest of the week to help out any way he can.

2 wrong assumptions being made in this thread:

1-McDaniels really has great input on the gameplan.
2-McDaniels decides which plays will be called.

it's all Belichick ... with McDaniels holding the playsheet...the main plan already put in place by Belichick....McDaniels is the fall guy and doesn't deserve any of it.

Just a thought ... nothing more ... not saying yes and not saying no.... "it is what it is".

One more time.
Yours is based on pure conjecture driven by a strange obsession with the perceived inadequacies of OCs (Zampeze, then Weis, now McDaniels).

You got it almost right. His obsessions are the result of inadequacies all right - his own.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes