PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The untold story of how Tom Brady was almost drafted by the NY Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of funny how Tuna Crap get's credited (by some here) with starting the Pats down the road of success, even though his big complaint was that he didn't get to pick the players. And now we find out that when he did get to pick the players, he stunk at that too.

What Tuna Crap was really good at was being able to pick the right spots to turn horrible teams around.
2-14 Pats, 1-15 Jets, 5-11 Cowboys and 1-15 Dolphins as GM. That strategy and keeping Bill Belichick and his defenses by his side as long as he could is what led to his success in turning teams around. Once he lost Belichick, Tuna was nothing special as either a HC or a GM

Parcells was picking players, but he was overruled on a first round pick named 'She', and that was the beginning of the end of Parcells' Patriots tenure.

Parcells was picking players, but he was overruled on a first round pick named 'She', and that was the beginning of the end of Parcells' Patriots tenure.

If he was overruled then he wasn't making the selections. Who overruled him?

But anyway, it all worked out just peachy in the end. We ended up with Belichick.

Id really love to read that scout's report on Brady.
Call me cynical, if you want, but if his actual report were that favorable he would have leaked it with the story...I think this is a guy with an ax to grind and probably doesn't get mentioned in Tuna's new book so he's out to say, "hey, remember me?"...doesn't mean that I don't still love the story and especially the photo-shopped pic, just that I take it with a big grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST