PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The teflon Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, actually what happened is a policeman was shot to death and their focus has shifted to that.

The one thing I got from the Philadelphia paper was that Harrison voluntarily went to the police to be interviewed. As owner of the bar and car detailing place, he spoke to the police and admitted that the man who was shot had been ejected from the bar several weeks ago.

I wasn't speaking of Philadelphia's focus, I was speaking of the national media, especially ESPN.

I think goodell is going to be irrelevant in this case, if Harrison goes to jail for a very long time it won't matter if Goodell suspends him or not. I am obviously a Colts fan but if Harrison did shoot at this guy while he was running away he deserves serious jail time.

More importantly, why couldn't Harrison just run this guy down and pummel him? You're telling me (not you, just the expression) some drunk can outrun and NFL wide receiver? I mean, I know Harrison has lost a step and all but...

More importantly, why couldn't Harrison just run this guy down and pummel him? You're telling me (not you, just the expression) some drunk can outrun and NFL wide receiver? I mean, I know Harrison has lost a step and all but...

It depends upon which one of the three or four versions of the story are correct. If it happened outside the bar or outside the carwash or on the highway. I don't think the guy that got shot was drunk though. The whole incident was over a previous at the bar and he was coming back to the bar or to the carwash to settle it. So the guys had just gotten to where ever it was, this wasn't after he had been drinking at the bar for a while.

Robo
Is it possible for you and the Goodell apologists to respond to my inquiry, rather than going off on a tangent calling it conspiracy theory.
Name one decision that Goodell has made that wasn't extra ordinarily detrimental to the Pats starting with the unprecendentedly high penalty for a rules violation, the leaking of the tapes to Fox, the destruction of the Pats tapes, the failure to investigate the Jets vilation of the same rule in 2006, the reported collusion between the colts and Titans which was put on the record by a player for the Titans. Just one.
Now you have introduced the element of that Goodell's incompetence as an excuse for what happened. This wasn't part of your argument before. On that point, I have to agree with you. However with the string of decisions involving, I am beyond the point of chalking it up to coincidences and incompetance. Sometimes when it squacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck, not a goose with bad feathers.
I also find it ironic that you admit that If Walsh, known liar and thief , comes up with some other BS other than the tapes, Goodelll will investigate it, yet when a player states that there was collusion between teams to throw a game that's not worthy of investigation.
I am sure Kraft takes great comfort in knowing that you don't think Goodell won't punish them anymore. Take it to the bank that if Goodell opens another investigation more punishment is coming which I am sure Kraft will be thanking his good friend for.

Look, last season when Randy supposedly hurt some woman and we as fans of Randy's gave him the benefit of the doubt and expected that from other fans as well. And believe it or not most Colts fans believed Randy because there really wasn't much evidence against him. Harrison is a much more respected receiver who, whether we as Pats fans want to admit it or not, Randy has a wrap sheet, whereas Marvin has nothing. Doesn't mean Harrison is innocent, it just means that we don't know jack and neither do 90% of the reporters who I believed screwed this story up from the beginning. We all know what reporters can do as we've experienced it first hand with situations that have gone on with the Pats. And Goodell is a dirty rat.

Last edited:
How did I contradict myself. Kraft was instrumental in getting Goodell in charge. Rooney was more instrumental. I never said that Kraft was the guy who convinced the rest of the committee to go for this guy when no one else was hot on him. Goodell was the odds on favorite to win the job in the first place. It was guys like Rooney and Kraft who made it a done deal though.

As for me believing the worst because sportswriters all over the country are saying Matt Walsh has something, you really want to sell that with a straight face. Kraft's relationship with Goodell and how instrumental he was to get Goodell elected commissioner is something that is verifiable. What Matt Walsh has is not verifiable at least until the end of this week since he hasn't told anyone in the press what he has. Besides, there is far from a consensus that Matt Walsh has anything. Both Peter King and Don Banks at SI have said that they feel he has nothing. Most of the local guys say the same thing.

I'm sorry, but I think it is comical to think that Goodell has a vendetta against Kraft or the Patriots or that he is getting back at Kraft for nominating someone other than himself as an candidate for Commissioner. Goodell was consistent with his ruling with the Patriots as he was with players - swift and harsh penalties.

I for one have not claimed that Goodell has a vendetta against Kraft or that Goodell has any agenda relating to Kraft's sponsorship of his local Fidelity candidate, a fact well covered in the local Metrowest papers at the time.

I do contend that the evidence, Goodell's continuing ambiguous statements so readily interpreted by most non-Pats fans to mean the worst, shows that he as a compromise candidate was not ready for the prime time NFL comissioner job. Instead of resolving issues with quick strong action and punishment, this goober has his evidence leaked to Fox News, and then creates a firestorm of conspiracy by abruptly destroying the tapes. Instead of resolving the situation, he exacerbated the controversy. Bad job as the top guy.

You're the one who uses the arguement "all the sportswiters have said it" to support your point. "All the sportswriters" attacked the Pats brutally as a result of BB's rules violation. Therefore, the Pats must be cheaters as most often published in the media.

Last edited:
It depends upon which one of the three or four versions of the story are correct. If it happened outside the bar or outside the carwash or on the highway. I don't think the guy that got shot was drunk though. The whole incident was over a previous at the bar and he was coming back to the bar or to the carwash to settle it. So the guys had just gotten to where ever it was, this wasn't after he had been drinking at the bar for a while.

Still, the guy was obviously a barfly. This means that he probably had a beer belly. Hence my question, why couldn't Harrison just run him down?

I see your point. it doesn't look like Marvin still has his wheels. I can see the Peyton already telling Polian to get rid of him.

I see your point. it doesn't look like Marvin still has his wheels. I can see the Peyton already telling Polian to get rid of him.

After that, we can sign him to the vet minimum. :D

Robo
Is it possible for you and the Goodell apologists to respond to my inquiry, rather than going off on a tangent calling it conspiracy theory.
Name one decision that Goodell has made that wasn't extra ordinarily detrimental to the Pats starting with the unprecendentedly high penalty for a rules violation, the leaking of the tapes to Fox, the destruction of the Pats tapes, the failure to investigate the Jets vilation of the same rule in 2006, the reported collusion between the colts and Titans which was put on the record by a player for the Titans. Just one.
If I give you one, will you go away?

First day of the draft is now only two rounds.

Time for each first round draft pick was lowered.

Time for each second round draft pick was lowered.

The logo was changed.

Tank Johnson was allowed to practice with the Cowboys even though he was under suspension.

Now go away.

I think as Pats fans we need to put our personal feelings aside and realize there are more important issues at stake:

A vile attempted murderer must be put behind bars so he can no longer indiscriminately spray bullets into a crowds and injure small children.

That's something both Colt and Patriot fans can agree on. If the murdering SOB is Marvin "i eat candy for breakfast" Harrison, I'm sure Colt fans will rightly call for the co(kroach to rot for the rest of his life behind bars.

Last edited:
I think as Pats fans we need to put our personal feelings aside and realize there are more important issues at stake:

A vile attempted murderer must be put behind bars so he can no longer indiscriminately spray bullets into a crowds and injure small children.

That's something both Colt and Patriot fans can agree on. If the murdering SOB is Marvin "i eat candy for breakfast" Harrison, I'm sure Colt fans will rightly call for the ****roach to rot for the rest of his life behind bars.

What is a ****roach? I didn't know hotel critics gave out star ratings to roaches.

I am dazzled by the brilliance of your response. Too bad you are unable to answer the question without being a wise guy.
If I get a real answer from Goodell synocophants like yourself and Robo, I will happy to vacate the premises and post on a thread where people can actually see whats going on as the punishment from Goodell never ends.
I know you and Robo agree with posters like Fanetic that the goodell is treating the Pats favorably regardles of what happens to them.

That's something both Colt and Patriot fans can agree on. If the murdering SOB is Marvin "i eat candy for breakfast" Harrison, I'm sure Colt fans will rightly call for the co(kroach to rot for the rest of his life behind bars.

funny; I don't recall the baltimore fans lining up to get rid of their MLB after his posse assisinated some guy in an atlanta street and then he helped them dispose of the evidence. .......... IF IF IF harrison actually did anything I am sure there will be plenty of apologists from your fan base that will line up to say it is all a frame up and no punishment should be meted out.

This is all a senseless thread anyway;
1. as someone else said the cases aren't really comparable.

Benson was arrested (and then resisted arrest making it all that much more spectacular).

harrison was brought in for questioning about a shooting that took place at a car wash he owns.
(There is a lot of room for ambiguity in the Harrison situation. )

2. How does the media not responding to the 2 incidents in the same way extrapolate out to an anti-Patriots bias in NFL (Go-to-He-ll's) office.

I would stipulate to the bias but don't think this case bears any proof thereof.

Robo
Now you have introduced the element of that Goodell's incompetence as an excuse for what happened. This wasn't part of your argument before. On that point, I have to agree with you. However with the string of decisions involving, I am beyond the point of chalking it up to coincidences and incompetance. Sometimes when it squacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck, not a goose with bad feathers.
I also find it ironic that you admit that If Walsh, known liar and thief , comes up with some other BS other than the tapes, Goodelll will investigate it, yet when a player states that there was collusion between teams to throw a game that's not worthy of investigation.
I am sure Kraft takes great comfort in knowing that you don't think Goodell won't punish them anymore. Take it to the bank that if Goodell opens another investigation more punishment is coming which I am sure Kraft will be thanking his good friend for.

Stop blaming Goodell and start blaming the media. Goodell wants this Spygate crap gone almost as much as the Patriots do. If the media and Arlen Specter were not so in love with Matt Walsh, Goodell would loved to have made this whole thing go away. This stuff lingering on only hurts the league. The media just didn't care about the collusion accusations because Dungy and Fisher are two of the most accessible and well liked coaches among the media so Goodell didn't have to follow up.

Also, the destruction of the materials was made at the Patriots' request. I don't know how destroying them hurt the Patriots. In fact, they were supposably destroyed on the Patriots' facilities.

Lastly, if Goodell doesn't go through the motions of an investigation of Walsh's claims, it will hurt the Patriots. If Goodell calls him a liar and doesn't even bother to try to investigate what is true and not true even if he thinks Walsh is full of crap, it will provide more ammo for Specter and Patriots haters. It could be enough to have Belichick and Kraft and other Patriots personnel dragged in front of a Senate hearing. It is in the Patriots best interest for Goodell to do a public indepth investigation of what Walsh has to say.

I for one have not claimed that Goodell has a vendetta against Kraft or that Goodell has any agenda relating to Kraft's sponsorship of his local Fidelity candidate, a fact well covered in the local Metrowest papers at the time.

I do contend that the evidence, Goodell's continuing ambiguous statements so readily interpreted by most non-Pats fans to mean the worst, shows that he as a compromise candidate was not ready for the prime time NFL comissioner job. Instead of resolving issues with quick strong action and punishment, this goober has his evidence leaked to Fox News, and then creates a firestorm of conspiracy by abruptly destroying the tapes. Instead of resolving the situation, he exacerbated the controversy. Bad job as the top guy.

You're the one who uses the arguement "all the sportswiters have said it" to support your point. "All the sportswriters" attacked the Pats brutally as a result of BB's rules violation. Therefore, the Pats must be cheaters as most often published in the media.

I agree with your assessment that Goodell has handled this whole thing poorly which has hurt the Patriots more than neccessary. I will also agree that it is more incompetence in handling the PR aspects of the whole media aspect of Spygate and not maliciousness that has been the problem.

The rest we will have to agree to disagree.

I am dazzled by the brilliance of your response. Too bad you are unable to answer the question without being a wise guy.
If I get a real answer from Goodell synocophants like yourself and Robo, I will happy to vacate the premises and post on a thread where people can actually see whats going on as the punishment from Goodell never ends.
I know you and Robo agree with posters like Fanetic that the goodell is treating the Pats favorably regardles of what happens to them.

Wow! Just Wow! You must watch too much X-Files reruns on cable or something.

So I am "Goodell synocophant" because I feel Goodell botched the entire Spygate thing because of his heavy handed style and poor judgement rather than subscribing to a ludicrious theory that he is out to get Kraft and is afraid of Bill Polian?

I never said that Goodell treated the Patriots favorably. I said he treated them consistent to how he treated players who came in front of him for disciplinary reasons. A big difference.

You are coming off as all those Patriots haters out there who feel that every time they get a favorable call it is because they paid off the refs. There is no Goodell conspiracy here. To bring down the best team of the last decade and smearing them as cheaters does not benefit him or the league. You are kidding yourself if you really think he is willing to weaking the NFL brand because of a personal vendetta to bring down Bob Kraft. It is a ridiculous argument.

All Hillary needs to do to win Indiana in a landslide is to promise a pardon for Marvin Harrison.

I think we are reaching an impasse here that will not be resolved and the ironic thing is that we are both die hard Pats fans.
I guess it is easier to believe that Goodell is a bumbling incompetent than to try explain why he did what he did. You obviously have no desire to find out who leaked the tape to Fox and what happened to that investigation, why the Jets weren't treated the same as the Pats for their taping rule violation when the memo was sent out prior to the 2006 season, why the allegation of collussion between the Colts and Titans brought up by a player is never investigated. You really have a lot of faith in Goodell that i don't share.
Moreover, you are willing to absolve Goodell of any responsibility for what happens in the future to the Pats, saying that he is a puppet of the media and Spector. I guess I overestimated the ability of Goodell and underestimated his incompetence.
I guess there is nothing to strengthen a friendship like between Kraft and Goodell than to bumble your way through gross incompetence into creating an ongoing public realtions disaster for your friend.
I am forced to agree with you that if Kraft was responsible for putting Goodell in the commissioner's chair then he has no complaints coming from the way the whole mattered was handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes