PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The teflon Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, last season when Randy supposedly hurt some woman and we as fans of Randy's gave him the benefit of the doubt and expected that from other fans as well. And believe it or not most Colts fans believed Randy because there really wasn't much evidence against him. Harrison is a much more respected receiver who, whether we as Pats fans want to admit it or not, Randy has a wrap sheet, whereas Marvin has nothing. Doesn't mean Harrison is innocent, it just means that we don't know jack and neither do 90% of the reporters who I believed screwed this story up from the beginning. We all know what reporters can do as we've experienced it first hand with situations that have gone on with the Pats. And Goodell is a dirty rat.

I was one of them that didn't take the bait from the money grubby woman that tried to do a hose job on Randy last year. I can only set back and hope that Harrison didn't do something stupid.

Too bad you are unable to answer the question
You said you'd go away if there was even one decision that Goodell made that wasn't about hurting the Patriots.

You got several.

Now be a man of your word.

What is a ****roach?
A ****roach is an insect. Sometimes they are found in bars. You know, those places that serve ****tails. They also have them on farms, where you can hear roosters go, ****-a-doodle-doo. No need for you to go off half ****ed.

Last edited:
Hey space crime.
I concede that you are a first rate wise guy. Just answer the real question like an intelligent person if you are capable and I will be happy to leave your site. Otherwise why don't you spare yourself the unpleasantness and go away yourself.

Space crime
I owe you an apology. I made the assumption that I was dealing with an audience that could understand that my request for decisions that were not detrimental to the Pats would logically involve the Pats. This was an error obviously in your case as was my assumption that you were being a wise guy. I hope by clarifying my meaning, you are better able to respond to the question.
Your comrade Robo has atleast come up with an explanation for Goodell's actions in the gross incompetence forced by the media response.
surely you can do as well.
Sorry again for the misunderstanding and have a great day.

Given the fact that Harrison's gun, a "Fabrique Nationale" 5.7 firearm with the ability to pierce 48 layers of Kevlar at 50 meters, teflon might not be enough for the Colts should they get on Harrison's bad side.

at the end of the day the colts are a marquis team in this league so goodell is just trying to protect the NFL's reputation.

i think we are all acting the same way the patriots haters did when the whole spygate thing broke out. some of us are accusing Harrison of doing something for which he hasn't even been arrested. we should not be on that low level.

Yeah we should be better than them.:rolleyes:

Look, last season when Randy supposedly hurt some woman and we as fans of Randy's gave him the benefit of the doubt and expected that from other fans as well. And believe it or not most Colts fans believed Randy because there really wasn't much evidence against him. Harrison is a much more respected receiver who, whether we as Pats fans want to admit it or not, Randy has a wrap sheet, whereas Marvin has nothing. Doesn't mean Harrison is innocent, it just means that we don't know jack and neither do 90% of the reporters who I believed screwed this story up from the beginning. We all know what reporters can do as we've experienced it first hand with situations that have gone on with the Pats. And Goodell is a dirty rat.

Civil case with guy angrily defending himself vs. police reports in a criminal case. Yup, they are parallel. :rolleyes:

Still, the guy was obviously a barfly. This means that he probably had a beer belly. Hence my question, why couldn't Harrison just run him down?

One theory I heard was Harrison went to shoot up the guy's car and didn't know till the guy got out bleeding that his armor piercing gun would go through the auto body easily. (Yes, it has holes, but without knowing the facts...)

I agree we should all have the quiet strength not to sit in judgement and pontificate that this is a sad day for the NFL. I mean there could be a plausible explanation how an unknown person can get a hold of an expensive gun owned by Marvin Harrison chase someone out of marvin Harrison's bar and leave the gun in Marvin Harrison's car wash and have nothing to do with Marvin Harrrison.

Let us pray.

Hey space crime.
I concede that you are a first rate wise guy. Just answer the real question like an intelligent person if you are capable and I will be happy to leave your site. Otherwise why don't you spare yourself the unpleasantness and go away yourself.

OK, what would satisfy you.

Give an example of a thing Goodell could have done or whatever.

Pacman's suspension and stuff obviously aren't it, although how those would be a knife aimed at the Patriots heart escapes me.
edit: OK you mean a decision with the Patriots involved.

How about Rodney harrison HGH being handled by the book?

Last edited:
I agree we should all have the quiet strength not to sit in judgement and pontificate that this is a sad day for the NFL. I mean there could be a plausible explanation how an unknown person can get a hold of an expensive gun owned by Marvin Harrison chase someone out of marvin Harrison's bar and leave the gun in Marvin Harrison's car wash and have nothing to do with Marvin Harrrison.

It happened outside the car wash, not the bar. The gun was given to police by Harrison, not found in a bucket. Most everything that the radio guy that went on ESPN said was wrong.

Most everything that the radio guy that went on ESPN said was wrong.

I am shocked, yes shocked that ESPN would telecast incorrect and defamatory 'news' about someone in the NFL. After all, NFL fans cite ESPN commentary as sacrosanct.

I am shocked, yes shocked that ESPN would telecast incorrect and defamatory 'news' about someone in the NFL. After all, NFL fans cite ESPN commentary as sacrosanct.

It's almost out of the realm of possiblities.

It happened outside the car wash, not the bar. The gun was given to police by Harrison, not found in a bucket. Most everything that the radio guy that went on ESPN said was wrong.

thank you officer, in the future we'll just ask you about all the facts.

IMO, this is worse than what Pacman did.

Pacman wasn't the shooter, Pacman didn't shoot the guy and paralyze him but he was involved.

In this instance, Marvin Harrison was the shooter (with armor piercing bullets) and fired several rounds, injuring a man and a 2 year old. He could have killed someone, or severely injured multiple people.

If Marvin Harrison isn't suspended, the league bias for the Colts will have reached an all time high.

Keegs my man, we really DO NOT KNOW that the steenkin' Colt was the shooter. Really, we don't. Police have NOT arrested him which they WOULD DO were they convinced he was the shooter.

If he turns out to be the shooter, league suspension would be the least of his problems.

Last edited:
thank you officer, in the future we'll just ask you about all the facts.

IMO, this is worse than what Pacman did.

Pacman wasn't the shooter, Pacman didn't shoot the guy and paralyze him but he was involved.

In this instance, Marvin Harrison was the shooter (with armor piercing bullets) and fired several rounds, injuring a man and a 2 year old. He could have killed someone, or severely injured multiple people.

If Marvin Harrison isn't suspended, the league bias for the Colts will have reached an all time high.

Your buddy Sal is reporting the location as near the car wash and his info is coming from police.

Keegs my man, we really DO NOT KNOW that the steenkin' Colt was the shooter. Really, we don't. Police have NOT arrested him which they WOULD DO were they convinced he was the shooter.

If he turns out to be the shooter, league suspension would be the least of his problems.

Agreed. One the many versions that I have heard is the guy that got shot showed up at the car wash, got in a fight and shots were fired. At the time Marvin wasn't there, but showed up shortly afterwards. With so many stories out there it's hard to tell, but they seem to be getting narrowed down.

I don't want to sound too vindictive or presumptuous here, this is both speculative and based on a rational "generalization" not any targeting of Harrison specifically, but I would consider it highly unlikely that, if you were to lend "someone" a firearm (any firearm) and you were a "well known" gun collector such as Marvin (not in name, but a guy who is supposed to own more than 50 weapons), that you would lend them your $1000+ very rare Belgian pistol. More unlikely is that you would give the same friend any of your extremely hard to get (mostly LEO/Fed) 5.7mm high velocity armor piercing ammunition (or your hand loaded ammo for same). Just to illustrate, there is only 1 box of said ammo for sale on Gunbroker.com (probably the largest online source of firearms/ammo via FFLs). If you have as many guns as Marvin, and you need a "protection" firearm at your carwash or bar, there is almost no chance that the one you lend to someone is a gun like this. It would be like lending someone your .50 cal Desert Eagle (or lending them your Mercedes SLR, Bugatti, et al because they needed a way to get to work that day when it was well known you also owned quite a few "regular" cars) - it just doesn't happen, because #1 anyone with a Desert Eagle or FN 5x7 probably also has a simple Springfield .45 or Glock 22 that you lend out in the event such a thing needs to happen (one might call it a "range gun" etc because the ammo is plentiful and cheap) and #2 the gun itself is easily identifiable, and the ammo is prohibitively expensive and hard to come by because it is all either LEO or hand load only. I'm not saying it's impossible, he is an athlete, very wealthy, and could have that bad judgment, but it's certainly not something your average gun owner would do, and not something that even the "oddball" gun owners I know who have class 3 licenses, etc who tend to be into weird crap like fully auto MP-5's, FN5x7's, and other types of peculiar and specialty guns would do. These guys, generally, are aware of what they have, which also means they would be aware of what it would mean if they lent it to someone and they used it, for target practice or shooting people in the hand. Generally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore