PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sequel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have confidence if Brady has a typical Brady game, then the Patriots will win. This offensive line has been so good, it's strength vs strength. To be honest, if we're just talking about pass rushing ability, the 49ers defense is way better at getting to the QB than the Giants are. SF has a much better LB group and secondary too. So really, SF's defense is light years ahead of the Giants. If we contain the Giants receivers, don't let them get big YAC, don't turn it over, and take advantage of their turnovers, we should win.

Could be worse...it could be Ravens vs Giants instead of Pats vs Giants :cool:

Quie being so negative.
If Brady plays like Brady, we win.

I hope the players don't feel like you all on here.
We are the favorites for a reason.
GO PATS

I heard this week on espn radio that no team in NFL history has ever won the superbowl with single digit wins.

Giants went 9-7

That has to mean something right...RIGHT?!?!?

Believe it or not, once upon a time a wild card team had never won a Super Bowl either.

All of those historical things don't mean squat.

This time Tom Brady isn't wearing a boot. I like our chances.

We are gonna need 30 points. Let's hope Brady got his bad game out of his system.

Time to exorcise the demons from 2007! Plus I get to watch two weeks of the holding non call on the Manning to Tyree prayer.

This is it people, this is what we wanted. Sack up and get ready to face your worst nightmare. That game which shall not be named was the worst sports night of my life. Time to bury it!

This is not for the faint of heart but the rewards will be great!

I'm guessing ESPN won't be spweing that a team finishing with the 26th or worse offense or defense won't win the superbowl.

Guess they'll have to dig a little deeper. Probably how the Giants were dominate and we barely squeaked by.

Cant see anyone picking the Pats in the game. Already lost to this team without two of their best offensive players. Think it will take an almost perfect offensive effort.

You remember what people were saying five years ago? That the Giants were going to get smoked by the perfect Pats? Well fine let the Giants be the favorites!

well it has already started.....nfl network showing that disgusting game

Well the good news is, statistics show that when a team is beaten earlier in the year, they usually win the rematch :rocker: I know that didnt work out for yets or phins but hopefully the odds will work in our favor this time around. :rocker:
GO PATS!!

Last edited:
Believe it or not, once upon a time a wild card team had never won a Super Bowl either.

Wow! First statements of yours that I agree and like. :)

I really thought our worst matchup was either the Packers or the Saints in a dome.

It could be worse.

BJGE has got to get the rock at least 20x.

I was looking forward to the coverage of the Pats win...UGH not now.

Looks like I'm getting black out drunk for the SB.

What's your poison? I'm going for some Johnnie Walker Red. No use spending the extra for Black, when red-stockings will blunt the trauma equally.
You single-malt, 12-year-old snobs can laugh all you like.
I'm a commercial type, dirty-white-collar type (java programmer). :D

BJGE has got to get the rock at least 20x.

I have. The Pats have to control the ball and go on long scoring drives. An effective running attack is the best way to do that.

Oh, must importantly, they have to finish their drives. That could have killed us today, we settled for too many field goals.

Go hurry up, run the ball, go for the seam play and tire down their defense!

Last edited:
I really thought our worst matchup was either the Packers or the Saints in a dome.

It could be worse.

No matter who we ended up playing half that board would be nervous that we cant beat them, same ones that complain in the game threads that we're never going to make the super bowl with our defense

I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if I'm rehashing. On paper the Giants look to be a more complete team. But one thing I can't shake is that the last time around, the Pats had weight on their shoulders that no other team could possibly shoulder. The pressure of that unbeaten season eventually caused the Pats to crumble on the biggest stage.

I expect the Giants to be favorites in this game, and maybe a team of destiny, given the way they won today. Still, the Pats defense played pretty well again today, so I'm not ready to write them off yet.

And the Ravens never lose when Rice rushes 19 times or more a game, he ran the ball 21 times today.

I have. The Pats have to control the ball and go on long scoring drives. An effective running attack is the best way to do that.

Go hurry up, run the ball, go for the seam play and tire down their defense!

Most games I've watched the NYG they've been susceptible to the run. They just gave up 150 yards to a team that has a virtually nonexistant passing game. BJGE ran pretty well against them in the first game too IIRC but we didn't stick with him enough.

Our defense was brilliant in the first half of that game but they wore out because we couldn't maintain drives.

Most games I've watched the NYG they've been susceptible to the run. They just gave up 150 yards to a team that has a virtually nonexistant passing game. BJGE ran pretty well against them in the first game too IIRC but we didn't stick with him enough.

Our defense was brilliant in the first half of that game but they wore out because we couldn't maintain drives.

Gotta pound that ball early and control the clock to keep ball away from EM and Nicks/Cruz combo. The Gmen Defense has speed DL but we need to soften them up in the first half and setup play action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News