PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sanctioned FA 4PM Tracker Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Meachem is off the market.

I read he is visiting Buffalo...any credible sources reporting he's signed somewhere yet?

Last edited:
I read he is visiting Buffalo...any credible sources reporting he's signed somewhere yet?

No but I've been hearing lots of rumors about Buffalo.

looks like Carr isn't getting out of dallas w/o a contract

A lot of rumors about Meachem and Mario Williams flying to Buffalo.:eek:

A lot of rumors about Meachem and Mario Williams flying to Buffalo.:eek:

With $23.8m in avail cash and $20.9 in cap room, why not?

A lot of guys are setting appointments for later in the week... blah!

Not sure what he's basing it on, but Rapoport says Mario's visit is a "good sign for the Patriots," that it's just a visit not likely a signing.

Good sign for Pats it's a visit and not a deal where he'll sign immediately. Maybe Williams will take several visits RT @AdamSchefter: Free agent defensive end Mario Williams plans to visit the Buffalo Bills tonight

Hard to figure.

Not sure what he's basing it on, but Rapoport says Mario's visit is a "good sign for the Patriots," that it's just a visit not likely a signing.

Hard to figure.

It's a tough balancing act. One one hand, every team has a Plan A, Plan B and a Plan C. If any delay in executing on Plan A, Plan B needs to go into effect as the team needs to get their top targets in FA before other teams nab them.

For the player, they want to entertain all the offers from clubs that they are interested in, but also can't delay too long as the money may dry up or the deal might not be a favorable (signing bonus, etc).

My assumption is that teams are talking to these players/agents before the official start of FA (violation of league rules) so there is an understanding of what a player wants/team wishes to spend. Thats how deals are struck quickly. Plus there is the whole hard sell dynamic going on too.

Who knows what will happen with Williams. He strikes me as a player who wants to go to a good org, wants to win but wants to get paid. Too bad HOU can't come close to affording him as they finally have a good thing going down there.

Last edited:
To avoid posting a bunch of Tweets, here are some of the player visits I have read online:

Denver:
Brandon Meriweather (good luck there)
Paul Soliai

St. Louis:
Cortland Finnegan

Jacksonville:
Laurent Robinson
Chad Henne

Dallas:
Kyle Orton

Giants:
Martellus Bennett

Pierre Garcon is also in contract negotiations with the Redskins. Boy that cap hit really knocked them down pretty far from Vincent Jackson.

Last edited:
Garcon talking to the Redskins?

Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi
Sounds like the Bears wont get Mario Williams, the deal is getting too rich and appears the Bills are in the lead--with the most money

Doesn't mean he signs with Buffalo, but I feel like this pretty much officially rules out NE.

Garcon talking to the Redskins?

With what cap space are they supposedly signing him with?
Or do they plan on pushing the whole contract back to 2010? lol

Doesn't mean he signs with Buffalo, but I feel like this pretty much officially rules out NE.

Nobody on the DL would come here if the pay needs to exceed Wilfork's.

Per Twitter

Vjax close to a deal with Buccaneers!

Tampa Bay Times reports that Vincent Jackson to Bucs is a done deal. Just heard on 98.5.

With what cap space are they supposedly signing him with?
Or do they plan on pushing the whole contract back to 2010? lol

Manning and Wayne to the dolphins?

Peyton tells Garcon ala the Godfather ... "You're out Pierre".

Last edited:
Garcon has announced on Twitter that he's signing with the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye