PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sanctioned FA 4PM Tracker Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Mostly because I'm tired of people putting *****OFFICIAL****** next to the title to make it more important.

I cannot wait to see how many contracts are ironed out in the first few hours, or minutes sometimes, as usual yet there's no tampering. I think 4 in the first hour is a good O/U number.

So if a team announces a signing right away does that pretty much mean they tampered? Just curious. Seems like teams have have to chill for a couple of hours on announcements just for appearances sake.

As for the "official" designation for threads: Doesn't bother me. It's a good means to limit the number of threads saying the same darn thing. I also get a chuckle out of it because think it tends to be done in part for satirical grandiosity/humor at times.

Plus, "sanctioned" can also has a double meaning — "punished"; who knows, maybe this thread will end up being severely sanctioned by night's end?

This just in, Marques Colston just signed a 5 year deal with the saints via NFL network and Jay Glazer.

Last edited:
Colston signs 5 year deal

according to nfln.

So if a team announces a signing right away does that pretty much mean they tampered? Just curious. Seems like teams have have to chill for a couple of hours on announcements just for appearances sake.

According to Ryan Clark, Spygate is much worse than tampering so don't worry about it.

Patriots re-signed exclusive rights free agent DT Kyle Love.Love will make $540,000 in 2012. A former undrafted free agent, Love had a breakout 2011 season after appearing in just nine games in 2010, making 33 tackles and three sacks while proving to be an adept run stuffer. Still just 25, the Pats could eventually move to lock Love up with a long-term deal.

Kyle Love - New England Patriots - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Free agent Brandon Lloyd has reportedly assured Patriots players his contract demands in New England will be "reasonable."The players have in turn relayed that message to management. The Patriots are expected to target Lloyd "quickly," and the Boston Herald believes he's the most likely free agent to sign with the team on Tuesday. The Patriots appear to be the clear favorites to land Lloyd. Mar 13 - 12:31 PM

Brandon Lloyd - St. Louis Rams - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Last edited:
Aren't all teams supposed to be under the cap by 4pm? The Cardinals are like 14 mil over.

Free agent Brandon Lloyd has reportedly assured Patriots players his contract demands in New England will be "reasonable."The players have in turn relayed that message to management and management replied that's so two days ago. :D

Aren't all teams supposed to be under the cap by 4pm? The Cardinals are like 14 mil over.

Don't have to be under cap until after training camp I thought.

Re: Colston signs 5 year deal

First reports 5 years close to $40M with $19M guaranteed. The devil is in the details, but that's for a 28 year old guy with 5 knee surgeries including microfracture on both knees so a little hard to correlate. But I'd think it would make Welker worth 4 x $8 with the similar guaranteed money.

No sense having a FA tracker thread without a FA tracker, so here is one.

2012 NFL Football Free Agents - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

ProFootballWeekly.com - PFW's top 100 free agents

And if it is a "sanctioned", who was it sanctioned by?:cool: I guess Ian can bless it which would make it then "sanctioned".:D

Anyway let's have all, EXCEPT PATRIOT, FA signings discussed on this thread so there aren't zillion threads going about other players being signed by other teams.

Maybe it will become the "official" thread later?

Last edited:
Don't have to be under cap until after training camp I thought.

You thought wrong. Each team has to be at or below the cap after 4PM today.

Last edited:

2012 NFL Football Free Agents - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

And if it is a "sanctioned", who was it sanctioned by?:cool: I guess Ian can bless it which would make it then "sanctioned".:D

Anyway let's have all, EXCEPT PATRIOT, FA signings discussed on this thread so there aren't zillion threads going about other players being signed by other teams.

I sanctimoniously sanctioned it to be more official than official.

In terms of a zillion threads that depends on who the Patriots sign. A long snapper for competition is probably a single thread. Brandon Lloyd two or three for you to merge. Red Bryant four or five. Mario Williams dozens spanning weeks if not months.

ProFootballWeekly.com - PFW's top 100 free agents

Is there an officially sanctioned thread for ONLY Patriots FA signings??

Are we allowed to post non-FA activity prior to the deadline in this thread?

so many rules...

Is there an officially sanctioned thread for ONLY Patriots FA signings??

Are we allowed to post non-FA activity prior to the deadline in this thread?

so many rules...

I suppose each signing by the Patriots will merit its own thread. From there half the people here can say it was great move, and the other half can blast it for being awful.

Last edited:
This just in, Marques Colston just signed a 5 year deal with the saints via NFL network and Jay Glazer.

If Marques Colston is off the Market we should now have a legit shot at Robert Meacham who has the outside Speed we NEED: Big WR too.

If Marques Colston is off the Market we should now have a legit shot at Robert Meacham who has the outside Speed we NEED: Big WR too.

Always liked Meachem. Not sure what kind of $$$ he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes