PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Rams are set in draft picks for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyBranch39

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
3 first rounders and a second from the 'Skins.

It was worth it for them to suck in '11.

This is what the Patriots should do. Be aggressive! Trade up! It's guaranteed to make them a better team this year! Belichick is so stupid, and you must be a kool aid chuggin' homer to say otherwise!

;)

Yea, the guy's an idiot! yuck, yuck, yuck. Hey Bubba, fetch me another beer from da trailer.

This is what the Patriots should do. Be aggressive! Trade up! It's guaranteed to make them a better team this year! Belichick is so stupid, and you must be a kool aid chuggin' homer to say otherwise!

;)

yeah trade up with our picks this year and get a top 5 "game changer"

dw about 27, 31 and the 2 2nd's who good was ever picked in that range who was a game changer other than Nnamdi, Rice, Desean, gronk, Mankins et al

Be aggressive and trade picks?

Bears traded a bunch of picks to the Broncos for Jay Cutler and which team was in the playoffs last year?

Saints did that to get Ricky Williams... how did that work out?

Falcons did that last year and picked Julio Jones and failed too make the playoffs...

Vikings traded everything for Hershel Walker... Cowboys ended up with all the rings though...

Be smart. Use the draft to get youth, talent and depth.

There is a difference between selling seats and playing for a championship. Snyder hasnt gotten it yet but he is making money.....and thats his job.

awww...c'mon guys...Snyder is just letting his inner Ditka out for a look see...keeping him pent up is unhealthy...

I'm cool if it makes the Rams less interested in competing for Lloyd in FA, since they have all of those picks to draft potentially Blackmon and others down the road... it's cool, we'll take him, thanks...

Wow.....alot of pressure on the young man with this move.

Pretty ******* stupid though

I can't believe it cost that much to move up 4 spots. I figured this and next year's first plus another pick this year, but not 3 firsts. If Griffin doesn't pan out, they are setting themselves back years.

Interesting - both the Skins and Jets made big moves to either keep or acquire QBs other than Peyton, while both were rumored to be interested. He must have said no.

I'm cool if it makes the Rams less interested in competing for Lloyd in FA, since they have all of those picks to draft potentially Blackmon and others down the road... it's cool, we'll take him, thanks...

Well, Lloyd seems to really want to play here. Hopefully we win by virtue of just being us.

Wow.

imagine what they'd have got with the 1st overall.

Thats a ransom.

When you think about it though it's only two first rounders. The third is the swap of number six for number two. They're getting something back for the third.

Wow.

imagine what they'd have got with the 1st overall.

Thats a ransom.

If the Colts were smart, they would do just that. What good is Luck going to be with no offensive line, no WRs and no running backs as they just released almost everybody?
It's Plunkett 2.0 over there. If the value for #2 is three number 1 picks plus, the value for the Luck pick could only be higher and would allow them to start rebuilding.

If the Colts were smart, they would do just that. What good is Luck going to be with no offensive line, no WRs and no running backs as they just released almost everybody?
It's Plunkett 2.0 over there. If the value for #2 is three number 1 picks plus, the value for the Luck pick could only be higher and would allow them to start rebuilding.

If I were the Colts GM, and I knew we were going to completely start from scratch and not just rebuild, I wouldn't take Luck #1 here. They just cut all there best players, and unless they spend big in FA, Luck is going to have a tough time in the NFL. I think QB failure is as much a fault of the team as it is the individual, so they could be putting him in a situation where he can't succeed, no matter how good he is. Like you said, I would trade the #1 pick this year for a kings ransom, put some pieces in place, tank the season and draft Matt Barkley next year who I personally believe will be a better QB than Luck.

And if you aren't going to use this cap space you are creating by cutting your highest profile players (we don't know if they will or not), why not pay Manning his bonus, take the huge cap hit and trade him for even more picks. The Colts potentially had two of the biggest trade bounties in the history of the NFL with Luck and Manning, and they didn't trade either of them (which is understandable). It would take a huge amount of guts to enter the 2012 season without either guy, but long term it could of payed off.

And if you aren't going to use this cap space you are creating by cutting your highest profile players (we don't know if they will or not), why not pay Manning his bonus, take the huge cap hit and trade him for even more picks.

Because there's no guarantee that Peyton will actually make it through a season at this point.

A more recent example would be David Carr 2.0

Another issue for the Colts is would they garner interest from in FA? I just don't see any big name guys would show any interest in going to Indy with the current condition of the franchise. I mean, they may even be losing Dwight Freeney!! The only guy that's left from the old Colts is Robert Mathis.

I`m not convinced they overpaid, though I don`t think it`s how you build a team.

It`s not so much a trade to move up four picks as it is a trade for a player or two move up a talent level in the draft. They traded two firsts and a second to swap picks. But those firsts are 2013 and 2014 picks and should be discounted. Thèy`ll likely fall in the 20-22 range give or take five picks.

So if you discount for future picks, they`ve traded two seconds and a third for the swap, or a first, two seconds and a third for RGIII.

Again, I don`t think its the way to build a team - but Dan Snyder and I have never seen eye-to-eye on that.

Interesting - both the Skins and Jets made big moves to either keep or acquire QBs other than Peyton, while both were rumored to be interested. He must have said no.

Do you blame him? Who in their right mind would want to play for Synder? Synder is playing Fantasy Football...and if you question him you get sued.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore