PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it, but "more probable than not" means we're losing a draft pick and the cheating ******** is back. Put this in your signature if you think I'm wrong.

I think worse than that is I think Brady isn't going to see the field this season. I think he could get suspended for the 2015 season.

I'm done with Robert Kraft.
Unless he goes to war, I'm done with him

Then you're done with him. He's on record this morning as saying NE will accept whatever happens.

I mean. It's pretty much what I thought it would be. Probably get a small fine and move on?
I wish Bob used a little stronger language in his statement.

"We did nothing wrong and will fight with great vengeance and furious anger any penalty the NFL chooses to levee on the NEP".

Jules from Pulp Fiction will be happy.:p

Another hit piece, bought and paid for by Goodell and his posse of thugs.

Anyone who doesn't believe that this is the case, that Wells and his staff were bought and paid for a specific result, is living in a fantasyland.

Goodell and his thug posse have been after New England since he bacame the Commissioner. This sort of stuff will never end until he's destroyed this team and sullied it's reputation for decades to come.

I hope Karma has a special gift for Goodell and all those who have helped him in his vendetta.

Sorry for the new thread but need to get this out. 11 Balls were measured and based on the NFL's own hypothesis of 72 degrees in the locker room and 48 when measured, per math, a 12.5 PSI ball must deflate to 11.27 PSI. Per the halftime measurements taken by Dyrol Prioleau, only two were shown below this at 10.9 and 11.2. This does not factor in any change as a result of the cold rain.

Their own report matches the science behind this. I can't believe this is being spun the way it is.

Ok so if Brady is gonna get popped for innuendo through text messages then how about Aaron Rodgers who went on audio record that he over inflates his balls.

The report is probably accurate and Ted Well's reputation is iron clad. Brady probably knew and lied to cover it up. Probably didn't think it was a big deal at the time.

I don't think the employees should be fired. Just doing as told. Brady should be fined and warned. I am sure everyone in the league does things like that so it is not a big deal in my mind.

Perhaps. But those texts do make it clear that Brady knew who McNally and Jastremski were which means Brady was outright lying in his interview when he said he didn't know McNally's name or what he did. And that's not a good thing. First, why was he lying? Second, lying to the investigation will (rightly, I have to say) draw a significant penalty.

Based on the texts it looks like Brady communicates with Jastremski who then communicates with McNally. I don't know if Brady really communicates with McNally at all.

Perhaps. But those texts do make it clear that Brady knew who McNally and Jastremski were which means Brady was outright lying in his interview when he said he didn't know McNally's name or what he did. And that's not a good thing. First, why was he lying? Second, lying to the investigation will (rightly, I have to say) draw a significant penalty.

I had a friend as a child. I couldn't tell you his name if you tortured me, but I'll know him by his nickname until the day I die (barring senility). We all, even his family, called him by his nickname. I'm not saying that's the case here. I'm saying that this stuff happens.

So much for everyone being so certain that we'd be cleared of wrongdoing.

The text messages between Jastremski and McNally are totally damning. No other way to read them. Pages 5 to 7 of the report.

"McNally:
Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a
deal.....come on help the deflator"
I hate to say this but it seems like the most logical conclusions. I am having trouble seeing any other way to read these conversations. I could have accepted any of the other parts of the report that I scanned through (Patriots balls reducing in air pressure more than the Colts, higher variability in measured pressure, improper chain of custody of the balls, etc) as just coincidences that happen to look bad fo the Patriots, but when you add in the text conversations where McNally and Jastremski are referring to deflation and needles... it's not a good look. Which, if this is true (and that's an if!) and the Patriots tried to eke out whatever minimal advantage 0.5-1.0 psi deflation of balls will get you, then it was foolish of whoever did it... I know this is going to be a super unpopular view on here, but that's how I see it at this point. I wish I could see this some other way, but I just can't.

Ok so if Brady is gonna get popped for innuendo threw text messages then how about Aaron Rodgers who went on audio record that he over inflates his balls.

Rodgers admitted to submitting them overinflated (which there is no rule against) and hoping the refs miss them. Not the same thing at all.

Total bullsh.t, I'm shocked. I honestly believe science and logic would rule the day and it was anything but that. My apologies to rlcarr and flasox, they were completely right and I was completely wrong. Robert Kraft rolling over again disgusts me and the only question for me is whether to keep following football or not. I'm definitely calling Gillette to tell the Kraft's to shove it.

F.ck the NFL.

I would love nothing more for Brady to release a statement saying the league is a joke and that they can stick their report up the arse. And then finish with a reference to the fact that he doesn't care if they fine him.

Congratulations on completing the reading of the report.

As I expected.

One positive: It sounds like the NFL would only go after Brady, not Belichick or the team, and the NFLPA has had a ton of success against player discipline lately. I'd have to imagine they could viciously attack "more probably than not."

So is Belichick in the clear of this whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back