PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AdamSchefter: Wells report also concludes it's probable that Patriots deliberately deflated balls and Tom Brady was "generally aware".

Can't wait for Brunell to starting crying again.

They can never hide the truth:

image.jpg
image.jpg

So the Wells report found no evidence of cheating which means most likely the Pats cheated because of a bunch of text messages that could easily be taken out of context.

Those who took the position that the league was gonna get the report they paid for hit the nail on the head.

That was basically my position, unfortunately. When you look hard enough, you can always find a random set of circumstances than can be massaged and manipulated so the story you want can be told.

"Tom &#$*&# sucks"

Holy crap... what is McNally's problem?

"In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain. However, based on all of the information provided to us, particularly regarding the timing and sequencing of the measurements conducted by the game officials at halftime, and on our testing and analyses, we conclude that within the range of game characteristics most likely to have occurred on Game Day, we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls measured during halftime of the AFC Championship Game."

The ultimate argument from ignorance.

How much did Wells get paid to write this report? The NFL should demand a refund. He basically concluded that he has no idea what happened but supposes the Patriots are guilty anyway.

It sounds like Kraft will fight a punishment or am I wrong here?

I think you're wrong. From Kraft's statement earlier today:
Robert Kraft said:
While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.

From a quick skim of the relevant parts, the only word I can think of to describe McNally's relationship to Brady is extortion.

"Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a f***in balloon"
"The only thing deflating sun...ishis passing rating"
"Better be surrounded by cash and new kicks...or its a rugby sunday"

Well, the positive side, we may find out this year if Garoppolo is going to be the QB of the future or they need to get another QB to replace Brady when he goes.

VQhLax4.png

For those saying McNally's texts are "damning", he is making repeated references to OVER-inflating the footballs. I can barely draw any connection to his words and any kind of deflation.

NFL Higher Up's running a "sting operation" categorically denied: See footnote 25.

Because Sullivan‟s email did not provide specific factual support for the Colts‟ concerns, NFL officials determined that it was not necessary to ask the game officials preemptively to check the air pressure in the Patriots game balls during the game, as Sullivan had requested. They reported during interviews that, without additional specific information that might raise further concern, they believed that the referee‟s standard pre- game inspection of the game balls would be sufficient, and that a change in the standard inspection protocols was not necessary. In particular, prior to the game, there was no plan to check the air pressure of the balls at halftime or any other time during the game. There was no “sting” operation, no plan for a “sting” operation and no discussion of a “sting” operation.

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a ****in balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and
said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though...

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs ****ed
us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally: **** tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

Jastremski: Omg! Spaz

In what universe is this proof of anything dastardly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back