PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
next cold weather game (around 45 degrees and wet) Patriots should record the chain of custody of the footballs measure the footballs themselves in the locker room pregame, and measure them again during halftime. See what a real time experiment has to say about the issue...

Suspend Brady and the NFLPA will go nuclear.

No evidence, no punishment.

Any punishment at all and I'm personally done with Football.

There is no proof that he did anything wrong.

You are a level-headed poster. Get off the ledge
They can easily say Brady was lying and discipline him. Whether that means a suspension or fine who knows.

So to summarize, the NFL wouldn't believe the many scientists who explained what happened, doesn't know how anything happened, isn't sure what happened but believes something happened so concludes that Tom did it in the library with the Candlestick. And one wonders how a certain person was elected President.

There is no proof that he did anything wrong.

You are a level-headed poster. Get off the ledge

I don't know. Goodell doesn't need evidence. He just needs to believe that he cheated to take actions. I think this give him enough to come down hard on the Pats.

I originally thought the Pats would found innocent or they would say it is inconclusive. But they spun it that the Pats did it, but they can't prove it. The public will call for the Pats' heads and Goodell over-reacts to the public sentiment. I expect him to come down hard on the Patriots.

The fact that Wells said Brady lied to him, Goodell will probably use that against him too.

IMO, I would be fine if the league suspended Brady 2 to 4 games. Jimmy G can hold down the fort and probably win 3 of them, then Brady can come back and lay waste with BB to the entire NFL.

So is Belichick in the clear of this whole thing?
Appears so. Brady and the ball guys...so for our purposes only Brady.

I had a friend as a child. I couldn't tell you his name if you tortured me, but I'll know him by his nickname until the day I die (barring senility). We all, even his family, called him by his nickname. I'm not saying that's the case here. I'm saying that this stuff happens.

I understand what you are saying. However, do you really think that after Brady denied knowing anyone by that name they didn't show Brady a picture of him or something like that for precisely this reason?

unreal if tb12 gets suspended. lol
just hope that doesn't happen!!

look at my profile picture. they hate us cause they aint us!

Should they? Could they? Is there grounds for such a case? Because this is ridiculous.

No evidence whatsoever. Just vague conclusions, assumptions and guesses.

I understand what you are saying. However, do you really think that after Brady denied knowing anyone by that name they didn't show Brady a picture of him or something like that for precisely this reason?

I don't know. Wells has played games with his reports before. He did this same **** down in Miami.

If Brady the fans should en mass boycott the Opening night game. The NFL wants a showcase, have an empty stadium and no one at the pre game concerts ect.

Let Rog put that on national TV for 5 hrs.

Honestly Jimmy G would tear apart that Steelers D, delivering a W and skyrocketing his potential trade stock.

The NFL can't win here muahahaha (Ok I'm losing it)

IMO, I would be fine if the league suspended Brady 2 to 4 games. Jimmy G can hold down the fort and probably win 3 of them, then Brady can come back and lay waste with BB to the entire NFL.

I am not. If there is no hard proof I don't see how even a single suspended game can be acceptable.

For those saying McNally's texts are "damning", he is making repeated references to OVER-inflating the footballs. I can barely draw any connection to his words and any kind of deflation.
To me it sounds as if he is joking about over-inflating the balls instead of deflating them because he feels as if he has been slighted by Brady because he is not being compensated well enough for deflating the balls and because Brady still complained the balls had too much air pressure in them even after he had deflated them. It certainly doesn't look great that he is talking about ball inflation and needles in light of this:
McNally has been employed by the Patriots as a seasonal or part-time employee for the past 32 years. His work for the Patriots during the 2014-15 NFL season took place only on a part-time/hourly basis on days on which the Patriots had home games. His legitimate job responsibilities as Officials Locker Room attendant did not involve the preparation, inflation or deflation of Patriots game balls.

I don't understand the science part of this. Maybe someone who more than just skimmed it can clarify. I don't see where they came up with the starting numbers of 12.5 PSI for the Pats and 13.0 PSI for the Colts. That would be the determining factor in what the drop in pressure was. It's like they just made up a starting number for each team and ran with that. Does anyone else have an idea on this?

Rodgers admitted to submitting them overinflated (which there is no rule against) and hoping the refs miss them. Not the same thing at all.

And it is more probable than not that the refs missed some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back