PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Positive Result From All the "Injure Brady" Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Wilbon was one of the instigators about how Brady might be taken out and since then there has been much more talk about it. I would like to see a few of our guys simply suggest what the retaliation for doing something that stupid would be - like putting the perp on IR for the rest of his career, immediate retaliation on the opposing QB along with broken legs for his Head Coach. Additionaly a late night visit with Mister Wilbon would be icing on the cake. Ching Qui, Happy Time!

Wouldn't it be horrible if someone accidentally ran Michael Wilbon over as he was leaving the ESPN studios?

Hear me now, believe me later.

Yo LimpSparrow,
Tell me oh sage, what national hatred and player retaliation did the Miami Dolphins suffer running up the score 52-0 or so against the Pats in their undefeated season? What about the NFL season scoring record? Where was the retaliation?

Problem with the damn internet is that now every fool can go national and international. Let's outlaw the Internet in the rest of the solar system NOW and prevent the further spread of idiocy.

Do you have any idea how important the concept of "respect" is to a significant segment of the population?

Do you have any idea what "respect" means to a professional athlete? I'll wager that it's more respectful to play the game until the whistle than it is to have an opponent not try their best against you. I'll bet they'd rather be beaten unmercifully than treated with contemptuous pity. The Patriots' last two drives took over 7 1/2 minutes each. There was no hurry-ups, no running out of bounds, no time-outs before the play clock was going to expire.

The Redskins are pointing fingers at themselves this week for an embarassing show of defensive ineptitude, not at the Patriots for exposing it.

Last edited:
Yo LimpSparrow,
Tell me oh sage, what national hatred and player retaliation did the Miami Dolphins suffer running up the score 52-0 or so against the Pats in their undefeated season? What about the NFL season scoring record? Where was the retaliation?

Problem with the damn internet is that now every fool can go national and international. Let's outlaw the Internet in the rest of the solar system NOW and prevent the further spread of idiocy.

You, of all people, mock my user name. "Pats Wicked Pissah." Did you brainstorm that one? Are you posting from MIT or something?

Do you have any idea what "respect" means to a professional athlete? I'll wager that it's more respectful to play the game until the whistle than it is to have an opponent not try their best against you. I'll bet they'd rather be beaten unmercifully than treated with contemptuous pity. The Patriots' last two drives took over 7 1/2 minutes each. There was no hurry-ups, no running out of bounds, no time-outs before the play clock was going to expire.

The Redskins are pointing fingers at themselves this week for an embarassing show of defensive ineptitude, not at the Patriots for exposing it.

I'm just pointing out the scary facts of life in the big city. SOME players won't just roll over and take the bone. It'll likely happen in the 3rd or 4th quarter, when frustration sets in. It's coming.

Why is it that we get a new Nostradamus every week? There's always some jackass who comes in and says "such and such WILL happen", only to mysteriously never come back when his prediction doesn't come true.

Well, I don't believe any of those injuries were intentionally inflicted, and none of them were illegal. And if they were, they're not an apt comparison, since none of them were retaliatory for running up the score, or any other real or perceived slight.

The underlying motive is irrelevant.
The lethal collision with malice aforethought is relevant.
I DO believe they were all intended ... to disable, but not to maim.
The reason you suggest immediately below is sufficient. The result is what matters.

I'm not suggesting Brady's not going to get hit, and get hit hard. If I was an opposing DC, that would be my gameplan. But it wouldn't be because he's throwing passes late in a decided game. So yes, teams will try to hit Brady hard. Maybe even knock him out of the game on a hard hit.

What I do find silly is the thought that somebody is going to intentionally take him out after the whistle in retaliation for scoring too much.

That is how i see it too.
Alas, the chorus of mediots ... now well launched into chirping about this ...
in some players' minds
probably is legitimating the very idea.
Talk about it enough ... and it seems less frightful.
(He says anxiously on Halloween!)

huh? explain please.

there is a 50% percent chance that the New York Jets will show up to play in the football game that day.

There is a 50% percent chance that the New York Jets Will Not show up to play in the football game that day.

50+50= 100

There must be 100% of something. Everything.

So when you are trying understand this, throw that crap your old little league coach said to you about "giving 110%" out the window. It's only 100.

Michael Wilbon was one of the instigators about how Brady might be taken out and since then there has been much more talk about it. I would like to see a few of our guys simply suggest what the retaliation for doing something that stupid would be - like putting the perp on IR for the rest of his career, immediate retaliation on the opposing QB along with broken legs for his Head Coach. Additionaly a late night visit with Mister Wilbon would be icing on the cake. Ching Qui, Happy Time!

Wilbon probably shouldn't visit New England for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes