PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Positive Result From All the "Injure Brady" Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any player stupid enough to intentionally injure him will be calling Pacman Jones for advice on what to do during his year off.

They wont get a year suspension. If anything, they would get a fine and a penalty or removal from the game. I think some players would be fine with that. Its not like they are doing a bunch of crap off the field the way Pacman is, they are just delivering a late hit. Late hits happen all the time in the NFL.

After all this "injure Brady" talk, what happens if someone goes flying into Peyton Manning's knees accidentally, like Wilfork did earlier this season, and ends up hurting him badly?

That would be terrible and I hope it doesn't happen

This talk is beyond silly. Taking an opponent out at the knees is the cry of the media, the fan, Al Davis, and Bill Polian. Professional football players in 2007 (with the exception of borderline insane people like Haynesworth) do not think like that.

In the free agency era, many of these guys are former teammates and friends. They share the same agents. They go out to dinner with each other. They golf with each other. They make commericals with each other. They make appearances for each other's charities. They train together offseason and show up at each other's football camps.

The players are in the same union. Although it hasn't worked so well in the NHL, the workers don't intentionally try to hurt their fellow worker. Not because of some perceived slight or embarrassment. Even Haynesworth was responding to what he felt was a cheap shot against him.

Honestly, does anybody remember one player intentionally trying to injure another player for running up the score or some other embarrassing situation?

How about we leave this talk to guys like Simmons, Easterbrook, and fans with IQs lower that their pants size?
I agree. Players might go after each other on a personal basis, because of something that happened on field with another specific player. Brady is less likely to be the target of a hit, since QB's tend not to grab guys by the nuts, or (excepting Trent Green) hit them below the knees.

They certainly aren't paid hitmen for the media. All this talk is beyond stupid.

After all this "injure Brady" talk, what happens if someone goes flying into Peyton Manning's knees accidentally, like Wilfork did earlier this season, and ends up hurting him badly?

Then he will be forever known as Darth Wilfork, get suspended for 5 games and fined Ten Thousand or more...and that's if it's completely accidental/unintentional. If they can prove intent, he will most likely be castrated immediately.

Last edited:
Michael Wilbon was one of the instigators about how Brady might be taken out and since then there has been much more talk about it. I would like to see a few of our guys simply suggest what the retaliation for doing something that stupid would be - like putting the perp on IR for the rest of his career, immediate retaliation on the opposing QB along with broken legs for his Head Coach. Additionaly a late night visit with Mister Wilbon would be icing on the cake. Ching Qui, Happy Time!

Michael Wilbon was one of the instigators about how Brady might be taken out and since then there has been much more talk about it.

He picked the Colts on PTI! Is anyone else shocked?

I think he point the op was trying to make is that with all this media attention to late hits that Brady is going to benefit as refs will likely pay closer attention and the pats might get more borderline roughing calls than they would have previously.

Thanks espn!

You guys have no clue how the Pats are viewed in most of the country now. They're like the Oakland Raiders back in the day. The Redskins game, which was broadcast from coast to coast, was the tipping point. Belichick and Brady humiliated Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs...for no reason. If the Pats keep running up the score I see Brady in a hospital within a few weeks. BB has placed him in danger, and you guys aren't even addressing that recklessness.

Bob Kraft must be ashamed. I hope he talks to BB.

Originally Posted by dryheat44
This talk is beyond silly. Taking an opponent out at the knees is the cry of the media, the fan, Al Davis, and Bill Polian. Professional football players in 2007 (with the exception of borderline insane people like Haynesworth) do not think like that.

In the free agency era, many of these guys are former teammates and friends. They share the same agents. They go out to dinner with each other. They golf with each other. They make commericals with each other. They make appearances for each other's charities. They train together offseason and show up at each other's football camps.

The players are in the same union. Although it hasn't worked so well in the NHL, the workers don't intentionally try to hurt their fellow worker. Not because of some perceived slight or embarrassment. Even Haynesworth was responding to what he felt was a cheap shot against him.

Honestly, does anybody remember one player intentionally trying to injure another player for running up the score or some other embarrassing situation?

How about we leave this talk to guys like Simmons, Easterbrook, and fans with IQs lower that their pants size?

and PatsFan37 said:
I agree. Players might go after each other on a personal basis, because of something that happened on field with another specific player. Brady is less likely to be the target of a hit, since QB's tend not to grab guys by the nuts, or (excepting Trent Green) hit them below the knees.

They certainly aren't paid hitmen for the media. All this talk is beyond stupid.

"All this talk" certainly is malevolent ... inflammatory ... deplorable ... and started elsewhere.
Is responding to it "beyond stupid"?

Can you see in memory
Mawae breaking Washington's leg?
Kimo applying therapy to Palmer on the first play of a playoff game?
Bobby Wade taking aim at Rodney's knees?
The Steelers teeing off on Brady in the '01 playoffs?
Even Brady's "friend" Milloy blitzing unabated into Brady's knees?

Where was Mother Union then? The camaraderie? The friendships engendered by sharing an agent?
Step into the real world, please, gents!

You guys have no clue how the Pats are viewed in most of the country now. They're like the Oakland Raiders back in the day. The Redskins game, which was broadcast from coast to coast, was the tipping point. Belichick and Brady humiliated Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs...for no reason. If the Pats keep running up the score I see Brady in a hospital within a few weeks. BB has placed him in danger, and you guys aren't even addressing that recklessness.

I work in DC. I know exactly how the Patriots are viewed in other parts of the country. The entire "payback" angle is a media and fan creation. Teams aren't planning on hurting Brady out of a bruised ego.

As long as the Pats aren't calling timeouts or running the no-huddle trying to light up the scoreboard, I don't see the problem....and I doubt other coaches do either.

It wont happen cause Jeff Saturday(the best center in football) will shut Wilfork down! He did last year.

Fool! The game is played on SUNDAY!!
Advantage, Wilfork!

I work in DC. I know exactly how the Patriots are viewed in other parts of the country. The entire "payback" angle is a media and fan creation. Teams aren't planning on hurting Brady out of a bruised ego.

As long as the Pats aren't calling timeouts or running the no-huddle trying to light up the scoreboard, I don't see the problem....and I doubt other coaches do either.

Do you have any idea how important the concept of "respect" is to a significant segment of the population?

I suggest you change your name to LimpSparrow and stick to petitioning elementary schools to eliminate dodgeball.

Hey, how's THAT for 'respect'?

Last edited:
Can you see in memory
Mawae breaking Washington's leg?
Kimo applying therapy to Palmer on the first play of a playoff game?
Bobby Wade taking aim at Rodney's knees?
The Steelers teeing off on Brady in the '01 playoffs?
Even Brady's "friend" Milloy blitzing unabated into Brady's knees?

Where was Mother Union then? The camaraderie? The friendships engendered by sharing an agent?
Step into the real world, please, gents![/COLOR]

Well, I don't believe any of those injuries were intentionally inflicted, and none of them were illegal. And if they were, they're not an apt comparison, since none of them were retaliatory for running up the score, or any other real or perceived slight.

I'm not suggesting Brady's not going to get hit, and get hit hard. If I was an opposing DC, that would be my gameplan. But it wouldn't be because he's throwing passes late in a decided game. So yes, teams will try to hit Brady hard. Maybe even knock him out of the game on a hard hit. And as long as it happens within the framework of the game, that's fine.

What I do find silly is the thought that somebody is going to intentionally take him out after the whistle in retaliation for scoring too much.

Injuring the poster boy of the NFL on the team that is the best possibility to do what no other team has ever done in history?

I think he'd be looking at a one year suspension, possible loss of pension, death threats that would make Benazir Bhutto cower. Can't quite see the "upside" of gaining that kind of notoriety.

If the Pats were 9-2 or something, then maybe. But at this stage, it would be almost like a Mark Chapman deal.

"death threats that would make Benazir Bhutto cower."

that's funny. Good analogy.

Humiliated Gibbs or gave him a taste of his own medicine? Gibbs has been humiliating opponents by running up the score for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes