PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats NEED to start O'Connell next week...Cassel just cant cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Pats NEED to start O'Connell next week..Cassel just cant cut it

I didn't read everything cause i could guess most of it. What I want to knwo is what are you all going to be saying when and if O'Connell fails like you al lthink Cassell is

Mmmm...you just linked this thread you idiot...LOL

I linked to the post that had the question. Of course it was on this thread. Does your computer not work in the same manner as mine?

Last edited:
I linked to the post that had the question. Of course it was on this thread. Does your computer not work in the same manner as mine?

"Simple question...... If Moss catches the ball and falls down at that immediate spot, what's the situation then? Is if 4th and 40 from the New England 14? Is it 2nd and 10 from the San Diego 36? What's the situation?

Now, what was the situation as a result of the incompletion? Are there any differences?"

Is this what you mean? Yeah so you are saying this is a difference maker? How? I did replied that unless Moss had a chance to score a TD on that play (which he wouldnt because he had to slow down thereby letting Jammer catch up to him), it is NOT a difference maker.

Basically what you are saying is if Moss caught the ball we would have been on the 36 of San Diego??? SO WHAT???

Are you saying we would have scored in that situation??? At the 36 of San Diego???? With Matt Cassel??? Hahahaha...would you garantee it??? LMAO

Mmmmmmm...let see....the Patriots had 4 shots closed to the one yard line...that's ONE YARD LINE...and they couldnt score...nough said...

Game...Set...Match...

Last edited:
you can say 'alleged' pats fans all you want, but I've liked this team a long as time, and I've watched ALOT of football over the years, and I also have a brain and I know that anyone, ANYONE in the nfl 1rst or 2nd string could do a better job that Cassel.
The Tavaris Jackson fan club raise it's head! Or maybe the Alex Smith bandwagon? I haven't always agreed with your posts, but felt you made an effort to think through what you were saying - this post has zero objectivity neighbor. Please don't let the yammering horde of doomsayers pull you into their abyss.

Is this what you mean? Yeah so you are saying this is a difference maker? How? I did replied that unless Moss had a chance to score a TD on that play (which he wouldnt because he had to slow down thereby letting Jammer catch up to him), it is NOT a difference maker.

Basically what you are saying is if Moss caught the ball we would have been on the 36 of San Diego??? SO WHAT???

Are you saying we would have scored in that situation??? At the 36 of San Diego???? With Matt Cassel??? Hahahaha...would you garantee it??? LMAO

Mmmmmmm...let see....the Patriots had 4 shots closed to the one yard line...that's ONE YARD LINE...and they couldnt score...nough said...

Game...Set...Match...you idiot...

Ok, you've proven that you're too silly to deal with, since you can't grasp simple concepts. Have a nice night.

Ok, you've proven that you're too silly to deal with, since you can't grasp simple concepts. Have a nice night.

again...what simple concepts am i not grasping??? please explain....

again...what simple concepts am i not grasping??? please explain....

A touchdown is not the only 'difference maker', just to start with. Second, I'll refer to my question again. Had that first pass to Moss been complete, what would the situation have been and what was it as a result of it being incomplete?

A touchdown is not the only 'difference maker', just to start with. Second, I'll refer to my question again. Had that first pass to Moss been complete, what would the situation have been and what was it as a result of it being incomplete?

Mmmmm...dude...here's a play by play...

1-10-SD 36 (7:22) 16-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep right to 81-R.Moss (23-Q.Jammer).
2-10-SD 36 (7:16) (Shotgun) 34-S.Morris left end to SD 36 for no gain (54-S.Cooper, 90-A.Applewhite).
3-10-SD 36 (6:34) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short middle to 83-W.Welker to SD 31 for 5 yards (32-E.Weddle, 54-S.Cooper).
4-5-SD 31 (5:56) 3-S.Gostkowski 48 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-6-C.Hanson.

So Gostkowski would have an easier field goal??? LMAO

We need to calm down about Cassel. I don't really blame him for the loss and asking for him to be bench is further down the list of "need to do" behind pulling O'neal and Hobbs for our two rookies. Does that make sense to anyone?

Can we relate benching Cassel in favor for a rookie to benching O'neal/Hobbs for rookies?

Mmmmm...dude...here's a play by play...

1-10-SD 36 (7:22) 16-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep right to 81-R.Moss (23-Q.Jammer).
2-10-SD 36 (7:16) (Shotgun) 34-S.Morris left end to SD 36 for no gain (54-S.Cooper, 90-A.Applewhite).
3-10-SD 36 (6:34) (Shotgun) 16-M.Cassel pass short middle to 83-W.Welker to SD 31 for 5 yards (32-E.Weddle, 54-S.Cooper).
4-5-SD 31 (5:56) 3-S.Gostkowski 48 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-6-C.Hanson.

So Gostkowski would have an easier field goal??? LMAO

I know the play-by-play. AGAIN, had the completion been made, what would the situation have been? Where would the ball have been and would would have been the down/distance? How does that compare to what it was?

Also, given that Gost missed the field goal that you're "LMAO" about, that distance, even if nothing else changed as a result, pretty clearly would have been a significant change.

I know the play-by-play. AGAIN, had the completion been made, what would the situation have been? Where would the ball have been and would would have been the down/distance? How does that compare to what it was?

Also, given that Gost missed the field goal that you're "LMAO" about, that distance, even if nothing else changed as a result, pretty clearly would have been a significant change.

Okay I got you...let's play this stupid "What If" game...basically you are saying if Moss catched that ball...the Pats would be around San Diego's 15....

But then again I restate... SO WHAT???

Again...

Mmmmmmm...let see....the Patriots had 4 shots closed to the one yard line...that's ONE YARD LINE...and they couldnt score...

Also...if Gost hit the field goal and its 3-3..."significant change"??? ...give me a break....I say again SO WHAT??? The way the Bolts offense were playing today we needed TDs...NOT field goals...(not to mention 48 yard is makeable since its within Gost's range)...

Or are you saying that because of Gost missed field goal that's the reason San Diego scored due to the short field position??? You did remembered that Rivers threw a bomb to Floyd for a TD on that drive after the missed field goal right??? That's a bomb of 50 freaking yard!!! And you did remembered in the third quarter...San Diego marched from their 2 yard line to score a TD didn't you??? That's FROM THEIR TWO YARD LINE.

I dont think the Pats were able to stop anyone wearing Lightning Bolts today...even with whatever long field position we give them...

but of course according to you Deus..if ONLY Moss had made those short gain catches...things would have been so much different...because what?...it would have demoralized the Bolts so much that their offense would have become inept? /sarcasm off

Last edited:
Okay I got you...let's play this stupid "What If" game...basically you are saying if Moss catched that ball...the Pats would be around San Diego's 15....

But then again I restate... SO WHAT???

Again...

Mmmmmmm...let see....the Patriots had 4 shots closed to the one yard line...that's ONE YARD LINE...and they couldnt score...

Last time I checked, one time does not guarantee what happens at another.

Also...if Gost hit the field goal and its 3-3..."significant change"??? ...give me a break....I say again SO WHAT??? The way the Bolts offense were playing today we needed TDs...NOT field goals...(not to mention 48 yard is makeable since its within Gost's range)...

No... at the time, according to your own tally, all that was needed was a field goal. Furthermore, if you don't know the difference in a 32 yard attempt and a 48 yard attempt, you should look up the percentages.

Or are you saying that because of Gost missed field goal that's the reason San Diego scored due to the short field position??? You did remembered that Rivers threw a bomb to Floyd for a TD on that drive after the missed field goal right??? That's a bomb of 50 freaking yard!!! And you did remembered in the third quarter...San Diego marched from their 2 yard line to score a TD didn't you??? That's FROM THEIR TWO YARD LINE.

The Bomb came against a team that had just failed to score and had missed a long field goal. Had the team scored a touchdown, or even gotten the field goal, that whole dynamic would have been different, along with the field position.

I dont think the Pats were able to stop anyone wearing Lightning Bolts today...even with whatever long field position we give them...

but of course according to you Deus..if ONLY Moss had made those short gain catches...things would have been so much different...because what?...it would have demoralized the Bolts so much that their offense would have become inept? /sarcasm off

You do realize that 'demoralized the Bolts' is not the only possible benefit, right? I mean, you understand that the Patriots' morale matters in football too, don't you? If not, perhaps you should look to Rodney's comments from after the game, when he was talking about the drive that stalled at the goal line in the second half.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/10/rodney_reacts.html

It was a huge play for us because if we score then it’s 17-10. With everything that went wrong for us, we still had an opportunity to go in there and be competitive. After that happened, it sucked the wind out of us and we were done after that.

Morale matters.

Last edited:
Last time I checked, one time does not guarantee what happens at another.

Last time I checked with this game. IT SURE DOES!!!

Let see what a Matt Cassel Team looks like...

SD 31 FG Missed
NE 30 Punt
SD 47 Punt
SD 29 FG Good
NE 15 Punt
NE 24 Kneels
SD 2 Sacked
NE 24 INT
NE 33 Punt
NE 28 Punt
SD 1 TD
SD 12 Incomplete Pass

No... at the time, according to your own tally, all that was needed was a field goal. Furthermore, if you don't know the difference in a 32 yard attempt and a 48 yard attempt, you should look up the percentages.

I did...Let's see Gotskowski stats for 2008 before this game...

1-19 0/0
20-29 3/3
30-39 4/4
40-49 3/3
50+ 0/0

Oh yeah...I see a HUGE difference...

The Bomb came against a team that had just failed to score and had missed a long field goal. Had the team scored a touchdown, or even gotten the field goal, that whole dynamic would have been different, along with the field position.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS??? WHAT IS YOUR PROOF??? I myself see games all the time when one team scored then the other team marched down and scored to answer and so on and so on...you know...its like a football game...

You do realize that 'demoralized the Bolts' is not the only possible benefit, right? I mean, you understand that the Patriots' morale matters in football too, don't you? If not, perhaps you should look to Rodney's comments from after the game, when he was talking about the drive that stalled at the goal line in the second half.

RIGHTO...you just lost your original argument...because what does this stalled drive on the one yard line in the second half have to do with Randy Moss...was there a phantom ball thrown his way I didnt know about??? who is the main person to blame for this stalled drive if not Cassel?

And "Patriots' moral matters"???...Are you basically saying because Randy Moss droped a few balls...it shook the Pats up so much they couldnt play properly on both offense AND defense? What the heck? Are you the team psychologist??? give me a freaken break....cripes..please dont try to talk "smart"...you are only making a fool of yourself...

Last edited:
who is the main person to blame for this stalled drive if not Cassel?

And "Patriots' moral matters???"...what the heck? are you the team psychologist???

Im sure i'll regret asking this, but, why do feel Cassel is the main person to blame for the stalled drive? Aside from the obvious, "he's the leader" response, what else do you know about it?

As for Pats moral, I guess it does matter, according to Rodney;

On not being able to punch it in early in the third quarter
“It was a huge play for us because if we score then it’s 17-10. With everything that went wrong for us, we still had an opportunity to go in there and be competitive. After that happened, it sucked the wind out of us and we were done after that. We just couldn’t recover. We had opportunities, whether it was down the field or on the goal-line. You just have to take advantage of it.”
Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

when the loss was this ugly, it was pretty much a team effort... not just Cassel's fault.

However, he looked like a schit sandwhich, and smelled like 1 2.

Im sure i'll regret asking this, but, why do feel Cassel is the main person to blame for the stalled drive? Aside from the obvious, "he's the leader" response, what else do you know about it?

As for Pats moral, I guess it does matter, according to Rodney;

No that is exactly it "He's the leader"...which right now he's not...

Of course that play affected Pats moral...but thats not my argument...the dude originally stated that Moss dropped passes affected the way the game played out...I was just countering...

Last edited:
and you know he's not, based off of insider info, or something?

Sorry...just people see different things...I think he looks like doodoo out there...

If you believe that he looks like a great field general out there then so be it...since beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Sorry...just people see different things...I think he looks like doodoo out there...

If you believe that he looks like a great field general out there then so be it...since beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I've never said he looks great out there in any of my posts. I just find it funny that people keep saying Cassel sucks, start O'connell, yet offer no real facts to back up why that would be a great move. I'm far from being a Cassel fan, but given the situation, I'm not down on him either. We're all watching the same games, but some things you just can't see on t.v. , like whether or not the WR's are getting open. Steve Grogan said of the Miami game, that he was glad he was at the game because he could see the play of the wr's, as opposed to on t.v., and Steve said they werent getting open. All i'm saying, is that when someone says Cassel sucks, I wish they would be more specific. How anyone thinks that O'connell should start after seeing a little playing time in meaningless preseason games, is beyond me. Besides, we're not going to get to the playoffs giving up 30 points a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes