PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats NEED to start O'Connell next week...Cassel just cant cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm saying that you need to watch the replay.

Just did. Moss had a step on both plays u speak of. had the defender beat. slowed down to make a play on the ball. on the first one Jammer got his hand in and knocked the ball away. on the second play Randy made a pretty good catch and jammer last second made a better play and knocked it loose.

what more do you need

Just did. Moss had a step on both plays u speak of. had the defender beat. slowed down to make a play on the ball. on the first one Jammer got his hand in and knocked the ball away. on the second play Randy made a pretty good catch and jammer last second made a better play and knocked it loose.

what more do you need

Exactly...wow..it has only been a year but doesnt people remembered the two great plays for a TDs...one vs Buffalo and one vs Cinci...where Moss was running one on one with a defender and all Brady had to do was throw it further toward the end zone and Moss with stride streched his hands out to snatched the ball in for a TD....now thats IS the way you are supposed to throw for sure TD to Moss...if anything...over throw him and let him catch up to it...NOT UNDER THROW HIM!!!

Last edited:

what more do you need

On the first one, what did Moss do:

A) to shield the ball from the defender?

B) with his hands to get to the ball before Jammer?

C) with his great jumping ability?

Also, since you say Jammer got his hand there, just how much of a directional shift did this cause the ball to take?

On the second one, what did Moss do to pull the ball into his body immediately to protect it? Also, when did Randy Moss become such a below average receiver as to be unable to hold onto the ball? Remember, people are blaming this incompletion on Cassel....

On the third one:

A) Where was Jammer when the ball got to Moss?

B) What great defensive move did Jammer make to separate Moss from the ball?

Last edited:
Exactly...wow..it has only been a year but doesnt people remembered the two great plays for a TDs...one vs Buffalo and one vs Cinci...where Moss was running one on one with a defender and all Brady had to do was throw it further toward the end zone and Moss with stride streched his hands out to snatched the ball in for a TD....now thats IS the way yoiu are supposed to throw for sure TD to Moss...if anything...over throw him and let him catch up to it...NOT UNDER THROW HIM!!!

If you think that Brady never underthrew Moss last season, you've been smoking some product.

Deus are you still defending Cassel dude? Whats your deal man? :)

Last edited:
On the first one, what did Moss do:

A) to shield the ball from the defender?

B) with his hands to get to the ball before Jammer?

C) with his great jumping ability?

On the third one:

A) Where was Jammer when the ball got to Moss?

B) What great defensive move did Jammer make to separate Moss from the ball?

Again...why arent you giving any credits to the defensive back? He made some great plays...

"Great jumping ability?" LMAO....I didnt know that was a fade route...Stupid me...I saw it as a post route...

I would rather have Brady in a wheel chair out there rather than Cassell another week.

Again...why arent you giving any credits to the defensive back? He made some great plays...

"Great jumping ability?" LMAO....I didnt know that was a fade route...Stupid me...I saw it as a post route...

Moss saw the ball was short and adjusted his route by slowing down. Are you going to try claiming that a leap would have been impossible at that point?

Your unbelievable. what is so hard to understand when a ball is underthrown so severely as cassel did on all 3 of those plays its lucky it didnt go for 6 the other way the fact that moss even had a play on those is incredible. one of the 2 he even caught!! i dont even count the third one because he ran his proper route and the ball was a good 15 yards in front of him so no play could be made. the fact is what do u want from the guy hes not super man when you slow down and the defender is still going full speed to catch up there is a clear advantage there jumping ability is clearly better when your going full tilt and even keel with the defender, you give no credit to secondary defence they are out there to make those plays! they arent pilons buddy.. Please just stop we arent going to agree concensus agrees with me and its not gonna change because we watched the same game and you seem to have seen something far different. Moss is the best in the league i dont think many recievers in this league make that catch period.

PS the second one was a catch. if BB challenged it im sure they would have marked it where it went out of bounds
check mate

Its getting that bad and that was a joke i made but ****...does that really have to happen to win a game?

Moss saw the ball was short and adjusted his route by slowing down. Are you going to try claiming that a leap would have been impossible at that point?

Mmmmm...on a logical stand point...mmmm...HECK YEAH...don't you normally leap on balls that are going over your head thrown toward the sideline instead of falling into your hand at waist lenght??? I dont think that is physically possible...is it???

I'm sorry were we watching the same game??? LOL

Last edited:
I'll tell you what I seem to be having to tell so many tonight. Go get the tape, rewind and watch the plays again. He is Randy Moss. There is no excuse for him not to come up with those receptions.

You're on homer crack, I'm sure of it now. Cassel made poor throws, and that's why the balls where not caught. That said, you did spend hours telling people Jackson was not a bust, so can't say I'm shocked here.

Last edited:
Yes, those two. They were both balls that Moss should have come down with.

You have to spread the blame at the same time though, Deus. Cassel hit some throws but missed the passes you talk about. At the same time, Cassel missed a wide open Randy Moss and Ben Watson in the end zone. Don't even get me started on the D, the OL, and the coaching (McDaniels actually).

You're on homer crack, I'm sure of it now. Cassel made poor throws, and that's why the balls where not caught. That said, you did spend hours telling people Jackson was not a bust, so can't say I'm shocked here.

Cassel must be his dad or something lol

You have to spread the blame at the same time though, Deus. Cassel hit some throws but missed the passes you talk about. At the same time, Cassel missed a wide open Randy Moss and Ben Watson in the end zone. Don't even get me started on the D, the OL, and the coaching (McDaniels actually).

By no means am I exonerating anyone on the team, from the Quarterback, to the Special teams players, to the head coach. However, the simple truth is that if Moss had made catches on those passes, the game would have been completely different. And, the reality is that those passes should have been caught by Moss.

Yeah exactly...For me I dont really care about the stuff with Moss so much as...urrrgh...that wide open Ben Watson play...now that was a killer...

Cassel looked so afraid....he just crumbled in the heap because he felt the preasure...sickening...if we would have scored a TD there it would have been a much closer game i think

impossible. welcome to my ignore list

Mmmmm...on a logical stand point...mmmm...HECK YEAH...don't you normally leap on balls that are going over your head thrown toward the sideline instead of falling into your hand at waist lenght??? I dont think that is physically possible...is it???

I'm sorry were we watching the same game??? LOL

You leap for a ball that you need to leap to catch, whether it's towards the sideline or over the middle of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back