PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The PATS FO could learn a lesson from JETS FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post of the day. Even if you think that the Cromartie move isn't a big deal and that the Jets' front office and coach ARE inept, there's no denying almost everything in your post. The Pats' "backpedaling away" from top talent in the draft is a great way of putting it.

Finally, someone who can see through the rose colored glasses and take a look at things from a perspective other than our team's great and your team sucks. The we don't need to draft or aquire a pass rusher because we can always grab Derrick Burgess just before the season strategy hasn't been working so well around here lately.

Sorry..it looks like amateur hour with the PATS FO today

TOM BRADY is 33...how many years does he have left in his prime...why not operate with a sense of urgency

as opposed to going out and making half hearted attempts to land FA.

The PATS knew full well from the start that 10million/year was not going to get it done.....

There is No One in the draft that can bring anywhere close to what Peppers would bring

so now another yaer of hoping for drafted players to surprise.

TOM BRADY is 33...how many years does he have left in his prime...why not operate with a sense of urgency
8 or 9 if you listen to some of the ridiculous theories on this board

I would say 5 is reasonable

I love threads like these. They remind me that, no matter how insane the homers on this board get, the Chicken Littles will always be ready to go one up on them in the "full ******" department.

Tom Brady is 32....turns 33 in August

Sorry..it looks like amateur hour with the PATS FO today

as opposed to going out and making half hearted attempts to land FA.

The PATS knew full well from the start that 10million/year was not going to get it done.....

There is No One in the draft that can bring anywhere close to what Peppers would bring

so now another yaer of hoping for drafted players to surprise.

Hey look! It's our jests fan in hiding!

Hey look! It's our jests fan in hiding!

sticks and stones

I can guarantee that I have been a Patriots fan longer than 95% of the posters on this board including you

the "yahoos" are out in full force today

reality bite sometimes

Would anyone trade our roster for the Jets for the upcoming season, especially keeping in mind that they will be getting Jenkins and L.Washington back and have added Cromartie and will turning over the running game to Shonn Greene and will will be without Welker most likely? It really pains me to say this but we are going in opposite directions rosterwise.

FWIW, the last time the two teams were on the same field together was on November 22, and the final score was:

New England Patriots....31
New York Jets............ 14

At one point the score was 21 - 0 Patriots.

Just sayin' let's not jump to conclusions too quickly, OK?

Also, not trying to be a jerk but when you type your posts it makes it much easier for others to read them if you break it up into paragraphs. You might find it is more effective to get your point across if you make it easier to read your posts.

Last edited:
sticks and stones

I can guarantee that I have been a Patriots fan longer than 95% of the posters on this board including you

reality bite sometimes

Oh jeeez... didn't know you were gonna guarantee anything! Now that makes everything different... :rolleyes: I'm done with this troll.

The Jets aggressively go after players they want, so either the patriots didn't want Walter or they didn't go after him, either way they can learn from the Jets FO:mad:

The Patriots forced the Jets to expend a ton of money on DBs by having Brady and Moss.

It's a smart move by the Jets, but a smart move by the Patriots to force division rivals to expend these types of resources, keeping them weaker elsewhere.

The Patriots forced the Jets to expend a ton of money on DBs by having Brady and Moss.

It's a smart move by the Jets, but a smart move by the Patriots to force division rivals to expend these types of resources, keeping them weaker elsewhere.

And still unable to stop HOF QBs from putting up 30+ points :D

this whole thread is ignorant & crazy. Do you guys really want the Pats FO to act more like the Jets FO?
We're the ones that have the rings and the almost annual trip to the playoffs. I think the actual Jets FO staff wants to be more like the Pats, in terms of success, which is why they are so "aggressive"

How exactly was Mark Sanchez considered a 3rd round talent? He has always been a top notch prospect and if he stayed in school he would have been overwhelmingly the #1 selection in this years draft. Andy Johnson sipping gallons of kool-aid as usual.

Cromartie is going to be scary good in Ryan's defense Chargers were playing zone and his talent is bump and run man coverage.

Jets have drafted far better than the pats the last 4 years, that's when Tannenbaum took over, they are better than the patriots right now, them the facts. It's 2010, not 2001, wake up folks.

Plenty of 3rd round talent QBs get drafted in the 1st round by desperate teams. Sanchez played like what he is last year, and i expect him to continue to struggle.
Cromartie was run out of SD. You think he was a steal because he got publicity for one season of a high int total. Watch him play to judge him.
The Jets should have drafted better the last 4 years because they were drafting higher, much higher in some cases.
The Jets were a .500 team that played their last 2 games against teams that didnt try to win. That does not make them better than the Patriots.

Finally, someone who can see through the rose colored glasses and take a look at things from a perspective other than our team's great and your team sucks. The we don't need to draft or aquire a pass rusher because we can always grab Derrick Burgess just before the season strategy hasn't been working so well around here lately.

So you are saying that the Patriots have just decided to not put any effort into free agency and the draft? That it is obvious to them that they should do everything you want them to but they just don't want to work that hard?

sticks and stones

reality bite sometimes

I don't care how long you've been a Pats fan, you're still equal parts delusional and clueless. This entire thread is a monument to the fact that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, which is why overnight you went from just another poster to probably the biggest joke on the forum.

Anyone who's reacting strongly after the first day of free agency is... I can't think of a nice euphemism for it, so I'll just stick with 'not smart', anyways.

Last edited:
sticks and stones

reality bite sometimes

You're either a terrible Pats fan or a great Jets fan. Either way, the world is a better place for you being here. Thank you for brightening our lives, ramon stabbone.

was that last part really necessary, PJ?...I know a bunch of Stabbones...hard working, God fearing people..and it will be a cold, dank, dreary, rainy,sleety day in Hell before I let some Wang Chung Province poseur play the pedantic, peripatetic pater familia with our own Razor Ramon.

No, it wasn't necessary.

but it felt good..admit it..you know it did

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results