PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The PATS FO could learn a lesson from JETS FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see 3 superbowls in 10 years, vs. 1 in the past 40.. team of the decade, vs.greatest team of all time on March 05,2010 on paper anyways..

To all the "ain't it awful crowd" wait a bit, see what happens in early September... this is a process, the product does not happen in early March..

How many Super Bowls had New Orleans won going into last year? How many Super Bowls had Arizona won going into the Super Bowl the year before that? How many Super Bowls had the Colts been to when they won the Super Bowl a few years ago. Quit living in the past and start living in the present and concern yourself with the future. I could care less who we sign today or tommorow and I am not saying we should sign Peppers or Dansby or ripping anyone for not signing anyone today. What I am saying is we darn well better pay attention when the Jets sign guys like Cromartie and the Dolphins are prepared to sign a player like Dansby. We clearly need to draft better and make better offseason decisions or we will continue to be one of the also rans. I sure as heck didn't hear any "In Bill we trusts" the day after we were steamrolled at home by a medicore Ravens team in January while the Jets came a whisker from going to the Super Bowl. Fast forward 2 months and the Jets will be adding Jenkins, L.Washington and Cromartie to their roster. We will likely be without Welker. We clearly need to get much better this year, whether that is today, tommorow, next week, in the April draft, in July whenever, but the present roster will likely fare no better this year than it did last year.

I notice you've averaged about 5 posts per year over the last 5 years.

Is there anything we can to help you reduce this number?

I have also seen every Patriots game for the past 35 years and have read this board on a daily basis for the last 8-10 years. I also run a multi-million dollar business every day and know that if you rely upon past success and do not stay up with your competitors, you are doomed to failure. Don't believe me, look at companies like General Motors. Just because I do not post every day doesn't mean that I don't know football and don't know the Pats. Grow up dude.

I have also seen every Patriots game for the past 35 years and have read this board on a daily basis for the last 8-10 years. I also run a multi-million dollar business every day and know that if you rely upon past success and do not stay up with your competitors, you are doomed to failure. Don't believe me, look at companies like General Motors. Just because I do not post every day doesn't mean that I don't know football and don't know the Pats. Grow up dude.

I agree with you 100%...you cant rest on laurels

You run a multi-million dollar business?

Don't let us keep you from that.

You run a multi-million dollar business?

Don't let us keep you from that.

Seriously guy. Is this the best you've got? Where were you with all of this positive energy after the Ravens loss? I give, I'll just go along with you. We are fine. No need to worry or make any moves. We have all the pieces of the puzzle now. Jets suck, Dolphis suck, Colts suck, we don't need to get any better. All is well in Pats land why should we worry about getting any better. After all, we won the Super Bowl 5 years ago!

How many Super Bowls had New Orleans won going into last year? How many Super Bowls had Arizona won going into the Super Bowl the year before that? How many Super Bowls had the Colts been to when they won the Super Bowl a few years ago. Quit living in the past and start living in the present and concern yourself with the future. I could care less who we sign today or tommorow and I am not saying we should sign Peppers or Dansby or ripping anyone for not signing anyone today. What I am saying is we darn well better pay attention when the Jets sign guys like Cromartie and the Dolphins are prepared to sign a player like Dansby. We clearly need to draft better and make better offseason decisions or we will continue to be one of the also rans. I sure as heck didn't hear any "In Bill we trusts" the day after we were steamrolled at home by a medicore Ravens team in January while the Jets came a whisker from going to the Super Bowl. Fast forward 2 months and the Jets will be adding Jenkins, L.Washington and Cromartie to their roster. We will likely be without Welker. We clearly need to get much better this year, whether that is today, tommorow, next week, in the April draft, in July whenever, but the present roster will likely fare no better this year than it did last year.

This ain't about you, it is about the Patriots.. wait for the finished product, before you start flapping your jaws..

Ain't it amazing that the owner of a multi million dollar business has all this free time to play on message boards... who would've thunk..next time you are in a meeting with Mr. Kraft let him know your views...

I keep laughing whenever I read this.

Shhhhh. He runs a "multi million dollar company". So he is obviously a better choice for GM than BB.

What do you do other than post 2853 times? Anxious to hear. I suppose you are GM worthy as well.

This ain't about you, it is about the Patriots.. wait for the finished product, before you start flapping your jaws..

Ain't it amazing that the owner of a multi million dollar business has all this free time to play on message boards... who would've thunk..next time you are in a meeting with Mr. Kraft let him know your views...

How about you read my post before getting defensive. Have you read them? Have I criticized one thing? My only point is that we need to pay attention to what is going on around is and move forward with strong decisions in the next few months and not just think that everything is ok because we have won in the past. Please read before you post.

Shhh, if you speak too loud his mother, I mean secretary, in his basement, I mean multi million dollar company will be upset.

How about you read my post before getting defensive. Have you read them? Have I criticized one thing? My only point is that we need to pay attention to what is going on around is and move forward with strong decisions in the next few months and not just think that everything is ok because we have won in the past. Please read before you post.

And you need to understand that Belichick and co. know this. This is more of that Simmons clones stupidity that goes around.

"I want all Pro Bowl talent on this team and if they are not, then we suck and they suck!"

And the Jets FO? Really? Jets fans don't even like their front office decisions.

What do you do other than post 2853 times? Anxious to hear. I suppose you are GM worthy as well.

No, I am not. I leave it to the experts, ie the guy whom has 5 Super Bowl rings, has been in the league since he was in his mid 20's, and knows more about football than most of the posters on this site combine.

As someone who reads this website everyday like yourself, you must realize that every year on the start of free agency we have to see 10 different posts about our "failures" because we didn't sign 5 big name free agents to max contracts by 0100. It is the same old crap every year, and it gets really f'ing tiresome.

Oh, and since you're so anxious to hear, I am an Active Duty E-5 in the US Air Force stationed at McGuire AFB, NJ. My job is server and network administration.

Oh, and since you're so anxious to hear, I am an Active Duty E-5 in the US Air Force stationed at McGuire AFB, NJ. My job is server and network administration.

That sounds nice enough.

But it isn't the same as running a multi-million dollar company is it?

No, I am not. I leave it to the experts, ie the guy whom has 5 Super Bowl rings, has been in the league since he was in his mid 20's, and knows more about football than most of the posters on this site combine.

As someone who reads this website everyday like yourself, you must realize that every year on the start of free agency we have to see 10 different posts about our "failures" because we didn't sign 5 big name free agents to max contracts by 0100. It is the same old crap every year, and it gets really f'ing tiresome.

I am not in any way saying that we need to jump in and sign a big name free agent today or we are doomed, although Belichick must think so to some degree if the reports of their offer to Peppers is true. What I am saying is that we have had poor FA signings the past couple of years and have not had the best drafts either recently. We have also lost a lot of brainpower in our front office and some great (and some poor) coordinators as well. Belichick alone can not year after year out coach, out GM, out coordinate every team in the league. This team will go into this season with less talent on its roster than the Jets and the Jets also seem to have that hunger and passion and energy that we also seemed to have in years past. We need to have a talent infusion in a number of key positions to again be the team to beat and it only takes watching last year's games to realize that we could not rush the passer at all due to a lack of this specific talent and could not consistently run the ball. Hey, I am not the enemy here. We all want the same things but I simply don't think that it is wrong to look at things somehwat critically rather than just drinking the koolaid all the time.

And you need to understand that Belichick and co. know this. This is more of that Simmons clones stupidity that goes around.

"I want all Pro Bowl talent on this team and if they are not, then we suck and they suck!"

And the Jets FO? Really? Jets fans don't even like their front office decisions.

==================================================

I do, In Tannenbaum we trust.:)

Do you really think that BB and crew are not paying attention??? Do you think that he is not trying to put us in a position to win??? To field the best team possible??..

Other than that your post is just rhetoric.. of course they will do that, will there be mistakes.. yes.. will their be success.. of course..

Do you really think that BB and crew are not paying attention??? Do you think that he is not trying to put us in a position to win??? To field the best team possible??..

Other than that your post is just rhetoric.. of course they will do that, will there be mistakes.. yes.. will their be success.. of course..

you are stating the obvious, but with the LB's on the team, it really makes you wonder

you are stating the obvious, but with the LB's on the team, it really makes you wonder

I was responding to captain obvious.. guess you missed that.

My only point is that we need to pay attention to what is going on around is and move forward with strong decisions in the next few months and not just think that everything is ok because we have won in the past.

Not sure if this is a troll thread or not, but it's hard to argue that the Jets haven't outdrafted/better FO in the last couple years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes