PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The PATS FO could learn a lesson from JETS FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool how you forget to mention some guys like Moss and Welker. Though I admit the Jets' signing of Sanchez as a FA was a good one.

Yeah. When I logged on this morning, after reading the news about Peppers (still not final) and Cromartie, I bet that I wouldn't have to read down more than five threads before I found a "Our Front Office Sucks" thread...and, lo and behold, there it was at number three...AND, from a predictable source! Think I'll treat myself to a latte.

Belichick is in full Howard Hughes mold now. From great coach to nut. Saw the same thing happen with Harry Sinden and its been almost 40 years for champions.

Here's some predictions for you guys who suk the teet. If I am wrong find this email, but I covered this all in my treatise the Last Night of the Patriot Dynasty. The ownership is cheap and the coach has gone crazy.

Wilfolk will be playing under the Tag and Mankins and Gostowski will sign their tenders. Woods will walk but who cares.

Bodden will sign elsewhere. So get ready for another year of Wilhite getting burned in tight coverage. Faulk will end up with the Broncos.

They will pick up a 4th string wideout, and one tight end. They'll draft the others.

Olsen isn't coming here Walter isn't coming here Boldin or anyone else. They are soooooooooo nervous about this stupid lockout they won't do anything. Oh Tully Banta Cain won't be back either. Next year will be rookies and free agents, a 3rd place finish and the bookend on the Belichick era. Once again the Kraft failing to assert themselves at the right time.:rocker:

And after Tom Brady gets knocked around all year, the Pats go 9-7, the Jets win the division, they don't pay him and Ownership locks them out, you know what Tom's gonna say. F**K YOU PATS!!! That's right. And we are all powerless do anything.

im happy that you see the cup half full. lol

Wow, that sky really does seem to be falling this time huh.

By golly, the idiots are out in full force this morning.

It is always worth a chuckle to watch our fans react to news that another team has improved itself with the standard comeback that that team has a history of ineptitude and we have 3 world championships in the past 8 years. Folks, you are only as good as your present roster and those world championship teams are gone. In case anyone didn't notice, the team with maybe the worst history in the NFL won the Super Bowl this season. Their past failures didn't mean a darn thing this year. For the Cowboys and other NFC teams to sit back and say, well don't worry about New Orleans because we have multiple past Super Bowls and they have a history of losing would have been idiotic last year. Same with us and the Jets and Dolphins. So they don't have any Super Bowl appearances in the last 25 years, they are still both capable of reaching and winning the Super Bowl and we better darn well be concerned with what they are doing. The Jets are clearly going for it and have substantially upgraded their roster over the past 2-3 seasons. They were 1 game away from the Super Bowl last year and we got steamrolled by the not so spectacular Ravens. Everytime I hear the Jets making another move, I cringe at the thought and it kind of reminds me of our team in its glory years. Sitting back and being arrogant and adding guys like Shawn Springs, Derrick Burgess, TBC, Fred Taylor etc. and drafting guys like Chung as our 1st pick and continually back pedaling away from top end talent in the draft isn't getting it done. When we finally decided to hang in there and select a top end draft pick in Mayo, it resulted in our arguably most talented defensive player. Whether we like to admit it or not, losing all of our assistant coaches, our player personnel guy, the veterans from our Super Bowl runs, and not drafting well or bringing in top FA talent (as opposed to washed up veterans) has caused us to slip down a notch. I am not saying that we needed to go out and pay the money to sign Peppers but we can't just sit back and laugh at players like Cromartie going to the Jets and saying that he won't make them better (probably the same things the Jets fans were saying when we signed Rodney). We can't afford to be arrogant anymore because we have no right to be anymore. The past is gone, we are just another team (with a great coach who is now the cordinator of all things and the player personnel guy) scrapping to try to get our 1st playoff win in 3 years and we can't just sit back and laugh at Miami and the Jets when they already shown much more ability to start improving their roster already this year. We need to be hungry again!

Theres a bevy in wide receiver who can get open, Walter, Randle el, coles, trade for Branch, so were fine there, we could trade for olsen draft a brusing blocker tightend middle to late, draft best and or ben tate, draft golden tate, trade for Chris Gocong, draft 2 of Hughes, Sapp, Kindle, Griffen, resign Bodden, or trade for Richard Marshall, and we'd be in great shape. I'm not concerned.

Moronic OP. I give the Jets credit for being agressive w/ player acquisition and spending money. But to insinuate that the Jets FO has historically done a better job than the Pat's FO is unfounded.

Should we go through the number of Jet's FA and draft picks that have been flops?

Last edited:
Belichick is in full Howard Hughes mold now. From great coach to nut. Saw the same thing happen with Harry Sinden and its been almost 40 years for champions.

Here's some predictions for you guys who suk the teet. If I am wrong find this email, but I covered this all in my treatise the Last Night of the Patriot Dynasty. The ownership is cheap and the coach has gone crazy.

Wilfolk will be playing under the Tag and Mankins and Gostowski will sign their tenders. Woods will walk but who cares.

Bodden will sign elsewhere. So get ready for another year of Wilhite getting burned in tight coverage. Faulk will end up with the Broncos.

They will pick up a 4th string wideout, and one tight end. They'll draft the others.

Olsen isn't coming here Walter isn't coming here Boldin or anyone else. They are soooooooooo nervous about this stupid lockout they won't do anything. Oh Tully Banta Cain won't be back either. Next year will be rookies and free agents, a 3rd place finish and the bookend on the Belichick era. Once again the Kraft failing to assert themselves at the right time.:rocker:

And after Tom Brady gets knocked around all year, the Pats go 9-7, the Jets win the division, they don't pay him and Ownership locks them out, you know what Tom's gonna say. F**K YOU PATS!!! That's right. And we are all powerless do anything.
Its awful early to be drinking isn't it????

Last edited:
I am not concened, for the reasons I stated above, We have Tom freaking Brady, We have Randy Freakin Moss, Wes third down Welker, if we improve the running game and the defense, with the maturation of merriweather, Butler, Chung, we have the key components to a strong secondary. d 1 to 2 olbs via trade, draft. Get a runningback who doesn't fumble at the goal line and can make people miss, bring in a tight end that loves contact. And we have the makings of a championship team, not to mention 2 young speedy wideouts in Edelman and Tate who could be a weapon or could be C jack part 2, I think he can at least return klcks like Bethel. I'd sign fargas which would bump one of our jag backs off the roster. trade for Olson for goal line packages, but they'd get ad and a 4th. We will be ok. It's still in BB we trust!

Love the Howard Hughes analogy. I'm still laughing...but scared that there are similarities. As far as your list of expectations goes, each point has crossed my mind and I can't argue against any. This roster has so many holes...OLB, DT, WR, TE, RG, CB, P, quality RB...just don't know how BB keeps this team competitive next year without spending serious coin. This draft will be the foundation for the next 5 years, but this year, can't see where the impact players will come from.

Would anyone trade our roster for the Jets for the upcoming season, especially keeping in mind that they will be getting Jenkins and L.Washington back and have added Cromartie and will turning over the running game to Shonn Greene and will will be without Welker most likely? It really pains me to say this but we are going in opposite directions rosterwise.

The PATS FO could learn a lesson from JETS FO

I'm sure Rex Ryan can once again proclaim that he's won the Super Bowl come Training Camp.

I'm confident it will have the same results.

I can't help but note the lack of big names and expensive contracts in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

All things being equal, given an actual outcome comparison over the last decade, why would you think the Patriots front office would learn a lesson from the Jets and not the other way around?

Seems like Ramon and Ryan are cut from the same Jib... they're proud to proclaim themselves winners in the offseason and then start the next offseason well before the Super Bowl.

Zero super bowl appearances in 40 years... HOPE YOU'RE TAKING NOTES BB/CASERIO/KRAFT!!!

"Seems like Ramon and Ryan are cut from the same Jib... they're proud to proclaim themselves winners in the offseason and then start the next offseason well before the Super Bowl."[/QUOTE]

Interesting observation. I am just saying that the Jets approach, not just during the ofseason, but over the entire course of the past 2 years has taken them from being a non playoff team to the AFC Chamionship game.

Over the same 2 year period, the Patriots approach has taken them from the Super Bowl to not making the playoffs one year, getting knocked out in the first round the next year and most importantly to a position where talent on Patriots is <<< talent on the JETS.
Why do so many feel the need to blindly endorse the Patriots personnel decision over the past 2 years. They have been bad...and it is not 'Unpatriotic" to suggest teh Jets have done better

Lastly, not clear why these "witch hunts" are necessary on this board.

Just trying to have a civil discussion..this is not war and peace

Last edited:
Zero super bowl appearances in 40 years... HOPE YOU'RE TAKING NOTES BB/CASERIO/KRAFT!!!

It is always worth a chuckle to watch our fans react to news that another team has improved itself with the standard comeback that that team has a history of ineptitude and we have 3 world championships in the past 8 years. Folks, you are only as good as your present roster and those world championship teams are gone. In case anyone didn't notice, the team with maybe the worst history in the NFL won the Super Bowl this season. Their past failures didn't mean a darn thing this year. For the Cowboys and other NFC teams to sit back and say, well don't worry about New Orleans because we have multiple past Super Bowls and they have a history of losing would have been idiotic last year. Same with us and the Jets and Dolphins. So they don't have any Super Bowl appearances in the last 25 years, they are still both capable of reaching and winning the Super Bowl and we better darn well be concerned with what they are doing. The Jets are clearly going for it and have substantially upgraded their roster over the past 2-3 seasons. They were 1 game away from the Super Bowl last year and we got steamrolled by the not so spectacular Ravens. Everytime I hear the Jets making another move, I cringe at the thought and it kind of reminds me of our team in its glory years. Sitting back and being arrogant and adding guys like Shawn Springs, Derrick Burgess, TBC, Fred Taylor etc. and drafting guys like Chung as our 1st pick and continually back pedaling away from top end talent in the draft isn't getting it done. When we finally decided to hang in there and select a top end draft pick in Mayo, it resulted in our arguably most talented defensive player. Whether we like to admit it or not, losing all of our assistant coaches, our player personnel guy, the veterans from our Super Bowl runs, and not drafting well or bringing in top FA talent (as opposed to washed up veterans) has caused us to slip down a notch. I am not saying that we needed to go out and pay the money to sign Peppers but we can't just sit back and laugh at players like Cromartie going to the Jets and saying that he won't make them better (probably the same things the Jets fans were saying when we signed Rodney). We can't afford to be arrogant anymore because we have no right to be anymore. The past is gone, we are just another team (with a great coach who is now the cordinator of all things and the player personnel guy) scrapping to try to get our 1st playoff win in 3 years and we can't just sit back and laugh at Miami and the Jets when they already shown much more ability to start improving their roster already this year. We need to be hungry again!

blackglass3

You point out how the idiots are out today and here comes badger.

Define "hungry". From 2000-2004 we had one big money FA signing - Rosey Colvin. The rest of our team was built through draft and bargain FA's/low risk trades. There's no change in philosophy from the glory days... we just haven't had things fall our way the way it did and I'd give BB a few more years before declaring he's lost it. BTW I was one of the posters who said the Cromartie deal was good for the Jets.

Lets see 3 superbowls in 10 years, vs. 1 in the past 40.. team of the decade, vs.greatest team of all time on March 05,2010 on paper anyways..

To all the "ain't it awful crowd" wait a bit, see what happens in early September... this is a process, the product does not happen in early March..

In BB we trust.:)

I notice you've averaged about 5 posts per year over the last 5 years.

Is there anything we can do to help you reduce this number?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes