PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The PATS FO could learn a lesson from JETS FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry...to those who say I am cherry picking..

I forgot to add Greg Lewis and Prescott Burgess, Shawn Springs and Alex Smith

I guess the point I am making is why not target a guy early that you really want and go after him instead of being passive and waiting for whatever crap is left over

They didn't give up anything for Prescott Burgess.

Seriously, this thread needs to go to the practice squad and the original poster needs to wear the virtual dunce cap for the next week.

I think he is trolling on this one anyway.

Comon you need a better reason than that.
Maybe Bill was having a rough night so the whole pats organization halted; you know no one dares to do anything without Bill's nod.
I wouldn't go that far. Besides the Pats didn't have a 3rd rounder to trade this year. So they were never in the Cromartie hunt.

look at their track record over the past few years for trades and FA

Alan Faneca, Calvin Pace,Thomas Jones Kris Jenkins, Braylon Edwards, Marc Sanchez and now Cromartie

Now lets look at the PATS:
Chris Baker, Joey Galloway, Fred Taylor, Duane Starks,Derrick Burgess,

You be the Judge...whose FO is doing a better job

Now lets hope the PATS do not sit around on their ass*es with the old "we're going to be patient and see whats left over attitude"
this will be asure path to third place in the division

You asked me to be the judge so...

It seems you're going WAY back to look at FA pickups and the like.

So you left off Randy Moss? Wes Welker? Jabar Gaffney? Leigh Bodden?

wwf%20razor%20ramon.jpg

Not a troll by the way.
Huge PATS FANS...root for the best for the team.

Fair enough...I did leave off Moss and Welker and Bodden but I also left of some other busts

The big difference in favor of the JETS is that they have been very succesful with trades and they have done a great job in targeting FA that have panned out.

Not a troll by the way.

Fair enough...I did leave off Moss and Welker and Bodden but I also left of some other busts

The big difference in favor of the JETS is that they have been very succesful with trades and they have done a great job in targeting FA that have panned out.

I think you need to define success here.

They made the playoffs ... great if you're a Bruins fan.

Not a troll by the way.

So what team are you really a fan of? Interesting how you put
"Huge PATS FANS... root for the best for the team."

Doesn't really answer the question does it? Throwning out a random answer like that. You seem to really "admire" the jets organization quite a bit.

Does it make you not a pats fan to compare them to other teams? Of course not. But you do seem to compare them top the jets an aweful lot and usually in a way that says the pats are not as strong/fast/good/smart ... kind of funny how that always is. :rolleyes:

Not a troll by the way.

Yeah and you also forgot to add every Jets bust.

Go back to JI. You blew your wad today, troll.

So what team are you really a fan of? Interesting how you put
"Huge PATS FANS... root for the best for the team."

Doesn't really answer the question does it? Throwning out a random answer like that. You seem to really "admire" the jets organization quite a bit.

He has more than a few posts about Jet's games ... the history search can be a real b!tch.

Not a troll by the way.

That's why you had a "Fair and unbiased" comparison while overlooking Colvin, Adalius, Stallworth, Bodden et al FA signings, and Welker, Moss trades.. and gee let me guess you forgot to include Jets motherload of all busts in Drafting in top 7 last few years....Vernon Gholston, DeWayne Robertson

"Pats fan" Ramon and his brother...
display_image.jpg

"Think they can tell we're really jets fans?"
"Nope- we're way too smooth- let's go get some more garlic knots..."

Indeed, it is amazing how the Jets have never once missed on a FA signing these past few years. I guess that explains all of their division, conference, and SB championships.

Let's not forget how the Jets FO masterfully & ultimately screwed the Pats out their 2008 1st round pick. (which a lot of people tend to overlook when they rate BB's draft record the past few years):rolleyes:

Serious guy with mustache when they picked Ken O'Brien

"Most people thought they'd take Marino if he was available. Obviously the Jets know something we don't."

Exactly what I thought when Bobby Grier picked Chris Canty with Sam Madison still on the board.:eek:

He has more than a few posts about Jet's games ... the history search can be a real b!tch.

Good! Then he must remember this play!!

canon_wk_2_03.jpg

Hey Ramon, how's this pic make your ny jets FO look?

Hopefully we can be more like the Jets and accomplish as much as they did this past decade...:trolls:

Serious guy with mustache when they picked Ken O'Brien

"Most people thought they'd take Marino if he was available. Obviously the Jets know something we don't."

Exactly what I thought when Bobby Grier picked Chris Canty with Sam Madison still on the board.:eek:

Did you say the same thing when Grier picked McGinest, Ty Law, Ted Johnson, Curtis Martin, Terry Glenn, Lawyer Milloy, Tedy Bruschi, Katzenmoyer, Faulk, Greg Spires, Robert Edwards ??????

Draft is a crapshoot, and for Chris Canty or Tebucky Jones, Grier had more hits(many mid rounder ones) than misses, so spare me the crying.

His predecessors of NE Patriots FO drafted the likes of Ken Sims, and passed on Jerry Rice for a BYU Center, or Tony effin Eason, or Reggie Dupard, or later traded down to add Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton in top 12 instead of keeping the pick and selecting Junior Seau

look at their track record over the past few years for trades and FA

Alan Faneca, Calvin Pace,Thomas Jones Kris Jenkins, Braylon Edwards, Marc Sanchez and now Cromartie

Now lets look at the PATS:
Chris Baker, Joey Galloway, Fred Taylor, Duane Starks,Derrick Burgess,

You be the Judge...whose FO is doing a better job

Now lets hope the PATS do not sit around on their ass*es with the old "we're going to be patient and see whats left over attitude"
this will be asure path to third place in the division
Maybe you should Follow the Jets Then you'd fit right in with the Whiners on Gang Green.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back