PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots need to get Wright offensively…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt that exactly what most teams do? Create plays for their players to best exploit their talents?

The Patriots have tons of Edelman plays and you know it.

They create a game plan utilizing their talent. They don't make gameplans to give their make sure they have specific packages for each player and gearing the offense for these players. Teams develop overall game plans and then use the talent they have and their strengths to utilize their game plan. I am talking about a guy like Moss where the Pats changed drew up a lot of new sets of plays to maximize his skill sets.

The Pats will try to use Wright's skill set to the best they can within the game plan. There will be plays that will be designed to get him the ball. They are not going to revise the playbook (which is what the poster I originally responded to was suggesting) to design plays specifically for Wright. That is different.

Its not all that different. Sure they wont have a Wright book but drawing up some plays to get him open seems like a possible solution fo rnot only him but others as well.

Its not all that different. Sure they wont have a Wright book but drawing up some plays to get him open seems like a possible solution fo rnot only him but others as well.

They don't do that and I can't think of any team that will do that for any receiver who isn't elite. What they will and probably have done is give Wright a package of a dozen of plays to learn first that he can learn quickly and use him before he has to learn the entire playbook. They won't design specific plays just for him though. I don't know of any team that would.

You only have so much practice time and it would take significant amount of practice time and other game preparation time to design plays for each player. They are not going to write new specific plays for Wright and use them game day without practicing them first. So are they going to dedicate an hour a week of practice just to get Wright's plays in and practiced?

every time the ball is thrown to him, it seems he makes a play. I would play him more, especially in the red-zone. cant hurt to have another big receiver out there.
He does seem to look the part, tall guy with big hands who moves pretty well, very athletic. Seems like he'd be an excellent red zone target.

I'm excited about Wright. I'm also somewhat encouraged by Lafell, at least he improved the past week. Waiting on Dobson and KT to get going now, pretty much given up on Amendola.

by the time November rolls around we will be kicking the crap out of teams and we will be laughing about how we reacted in September

sincerely hope you are 100% right, Boxer....fingers crossed

The pass that he caught, IIRC, was a go route down the seam. Brady will need to have time in the pocket for Wright to get open on that, unless he's left uncovered. Right now, the Patriots are limited to what they can do in the passing game because Brady needs to get the ball out of his hands quickly. It's the reason why Edelman is piling up the stats while the Pats are the worst downfield passing team in the NFL.

I would love to hear the complaining and McDaniels bashing on this board if he started to design the game plan with specific packages for each receiver. You can't make a cohesive gameplan by doing that.

As opposed to the cohesive game plan we have now?

As opposed to the cohesive game plan we have now?

The game plans are fine. The game plan isn't to have the o-line to be a bunch of turnstiles.

The Tim Wright Era has officially begun.

And I am loving what I am seeing so far.

The Tim Wright Era has officially begun.

And I am loving what I am seeing so far.
I've said it elsewhere but a Red Zone grouping of Gronkowski, Wright, Dobson, LaFell and Edelman is an incredibly athletic, mismatch-making unit. I'd love to see more of it as the season progresses.

if these guys can stay healthy, Brady should have plenty of "weapons"

and the OL looked good against what was supposed to be a great D

BB for the win, again

Tim Wright has been targeted 10 times this season he has 9 catches for 120 yards, 1 touchdown, and 6 first downs.

Tim Wright has been targeted 10 times this season he has 9 catches for 120 yards, 1 touchdown, and 6 first downs.
And he actually did OK blocking.

Also, Wright had only 19 reps, with Hooman having 43. I suspect that he will starting having more reps. The open question is whether Hooman is really that valuable as a blocker. We certainly ran a lot of 2 TE sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back